Pineapple Purse

samijofitz

I heavily modified this (located on Ravelry) pattern (before the recent update) as I was having trouble with it. I also made it smaller as I prefer a smaller shoulder bag than this was turning out with Peaches& Cream. I LOVE the way this turned out…going to line it and add a zipper. Well, actually going to talk my mom into doing that! :)

post-4061-135897531928_thumb.jpg

post-4061-135897531931_thumb.jpg

I love it, it's awesome! You did a nice job. I wish my mom knew how to sew because I don't :lol and would love to line my bags and add a zipper. I guess I'll be looking on youtube. Great bag :cheer

Your bag is lovely. I honestly didn't even notice the pineapples at first, because the upper part looks like trees reaching up, and in between the pineapples are the trunks, so I was seeing a row of trees first!

Thank you everyone...it was tough to decipher the original pattern, so I went with my own "base" and then did my best to figure out the rest. I really really like this, and I can definitely see me making more! I can't wait for my mom to line it so that I can use it and show it off!

Just to let you know, you can hand sew your linings. I've made 4 bags that I needed to line and I hand sewed all of them. The pattern for the 8-Pocket Tote (the 2nd beige bag with the zipper), did not come with the zipper part included in the pattern. I ad-libbed the top part of the bag and put in the zipper. I don't have a sewing machine either so I have to hand sew anything that needs a lining. It takes a little longer but the end result is still the same.

HPIM2675.jpg - Lettuce Bag (Lions Brand)

HPIM2678.jpg - Lettuce Bag (Lions Brand)

HPIM2294.jpg - 8-Pocket Tote (Lions Brand)

HPIM2299.jpg - 8-Pocket Tote (Lions Brand)

KimsPurse.jpg - Wooden Handled Tote (Lions Brand)

JensPurse.jpg - Crochet Blooming Bag (Lions Brand)

The two beige colored bags/totes, they stated to use wadding in the lining which I did. On the 8-pocket tote, I did not use as stiff of a wadding as on the Lettuce Bag, which I wish I would have. To me, wadding tends to loosen/soften up as you use it. I would suggest going to a stiffer wadding if you like your bags to stay close to form when first made.

I personally can't sew on a button! :) My mom hand sews all my linings for me...she doesn't use a sewing machine. :)

Just to let you know, you can hand sew your linings. I've made 4 bags that I needed to line and I hand sewed all of them. The pattern for the 8-Pocket Tote (the 2nd beige bag with the zipper), did not come with the zipper part included in the pattern. I ad-libbed the top part of the bag and put in the zipper. I don't have a sewing machine either so I have to hand sew anything that needs a lining. It takes a little longer but the end result is still the same.

HPIM2675.jpg - Lettuce Bag (Lions Brand)

HPIM2678.jpg - Lettuce Bag (Lions Brand)

HPIM2294.jpg - 8-Pocket Tote (Lions Brand)

HPIM2299.jpg - 8-Pocket Tote (Lions Brand)

KimsPurse.jpg - Wooden Handled Tote (Lions Brand)

JensPurse.jpg - Crochet Blooming Bag (Lions Brand)

The two beige colored bags/totes, they stated to use wadding in the lining which I did. On the 8-pocket tote, I did not use as stiff of a wadding as on the Lettuce Bag, which I wish I would have. To me, wadding tends to loosen/soften up as you use it. I would suggest going to a stiffer wadding if you like your bags to stay close to form when first made.

Your pattern did come out much better. If you can modify patterns, I'm sure you can do a lining by hand. If I can do a lining by hand, I'm sure you can. Give it a shot.

I appreciate the confidence in my sewing skills...but they truly are non-existent...I can't cut a straight line with one drawn...and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler...I am totally hopeless in the lining department, thankfully my mom is happy to do these things for me. :)

Archived