My American Flag Afghan

brandeekins

I have made a few of these for friends, using darker colors for a more country feel or primary colors for a more traditional flag. This is from a LA A-Z Afghans book.

smallflag.jpg

It was realitivly easy - but it took some patience to figure out the stars. Of course it was my first time reading a pattern, so that didnt help either! Once I figured it out they were easy and now I can do them in my sleep!

I made one for my son, and the office that I was waiting in, one of the doctors was asking me about it and how much I would charge to make one for her...when I was finished with it, she gave me $80 for it. First thing I ever sold. :cheer

I have this book and have been eyeing it up for my dad! Now its just time to decide who comes first--making an easy blanket for my mom--or making a special one for Dad. Some decisions in life should be easier! Now that I know how nice it works up I might try for his birthday next year.

It's a good thing my MIL hasn't seen it or she'd want one too. LOL I'm still working on hats and scarves. You did beautiful work.

This is a beautiful Afghan.:)

I have looked and several, and tried to decide if I want to make one. You just made my decision for me. When it starts to cool off here, I think I will make one.

Again beautiful afghan and a beautiful work done on it.:bow:tup

What a wonderful afghan. I've been wanting to do something like this for my DH who is a Yankee Doodle Dandy (born on the 4th of July)!

I think you did a fabulous job! and a lot of work.. all those stars!

Archived