What would you like?

What random gift would you like to find somewhere?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What random gift would you like to find somewhere?

• Amigurumi
    • Other toy/animal
    • Something with a use
    • A potholder
    • Hat or scarf
    • Other article of clothing
    • Other

I really love to leave little gifts around for people, it's sort of a form of yarn bombing, I guess. I like to make people happy.

I saw a post about crocheting butterflies and sticking them on trees for people, so I made a bunch and plan on putting them up this week. I had a lot of trouble following patterns, so I just had to come up with my own.

I have a question for all you people young and old, though!

What sort of crocheted thing would YOU like to find? What would make you super duper happy to find?

In the fall, my friend and I are going to make scarves and hats and put them on statues for people to take :) We also gave away little octopuses in my neighborhood.

Can't wait to hear your suggestions :manyheart

That is such a cool thing to do. I would love to find dishclothes and potholders because I love to cook!

I made a set last week and dropped them off at my aunts house and she loved them.

That is such a cute idea and I am sure will make who ever finds them very happy.

I think you have a great idea with the butteflys and octupus. Maybe little seasonal things, flags for 4th of July, Pumpkins and ghosts in the fall etc..

If you leave hats and scraves on statues you may want to leave a little note letting the person know it is a gift, otherwise they may think someone just lost them.

when I visit someone's home I always take a magnet for their refrigerator and I never say a thing...just sneak it on there. so many great fridgie patterns to choose from.

We were stationed overseas for 18 years and never lived close to family.

I had a friend who came for a ladies meeting at my house and left a cross stitched magnet without saying anything to me. It says..."friends are the family you choose" and I know how much I loved finding that and have treasured it all these years.

I like the Idea of the butterflys and the potholders they would be a great find for anyone. the Idea for the fridgies was supper cool i thought

I like the potholder suggestion Glenda made. Who doesn't need a potholder? Myself personally, a turtle. :)

:turtle:vheart

I agree with the potholders, I'm going to make some :) I'll make some turtles, too. Maybe I will put them by the public pond in my neighborhood.

bookmarks at a library?

I love the library. I like this suggestion very much.

when I visit someone's home I always take a magnet for their refrigerator and I never say a thing...just sneak it on there. so many great fridgie patterns to choose from.

We were stationed overseas for 18 years and never lived close to family.

I had a friend who came for a ladies meeting at my house and left a cross stitched magnet without saying anything to me. It says..."friends are the family you choose" and I know how much I loved finding that and have treasured it all these years.

Awww :manyheart That is so nice. I've never made a fridgie before :scrachin

There was an article somewhere about a man who made hats and left them in areas of the city where homeless people would find them.

I love the idea of butterflies

Angels would be nice too.

Do you attatch a card explaining that it is a gift for the finder to take?

I think its a great idea what you are doing... Me being so shy i would probably be afraid to take one even if it say gift. Cause I'm shy...

One thing i do is i crochet all year long and i Live in upstate Ny so what i do is make scarfs and fingerless gloves as sets and i gift them to my doctors office staff and the to the eye doctors staff and i make special things dog or cat theme for the animal hospital whre i adopted my Foxie...

many time I make extras fridgies or use the fridgie patterns and i make pins and give them out while i wait at doctors office etc.... its just a great feeling...

If youfind a nursing home that would be a great place to take little things for the residents to bring them a smile...

Next year i plan to make and take to my mammagram clinic some pink awareness ribbon in crochet as pins and they will give them out to all the go for a mammogram...

Last year they gave out hand made bracelets ...

this year i will make bookmarks for out local library so they can have them for gifting as well....

So the possibilities are endless...

I plan to crochet some angels too to pass on...

So Bless your kind heart sweetie for what you are doing...

The idea of the hats and scarfs are great too....I'd put them on a tree some where there is lots of people... I'd probably go to town all or local precent to ask permission so you dont get in trouble for hanging stuff on a tree in public.. If i were you I'd go to like a local penny saver paper and maybe they can even post a free post or page of whre you plan to hang the hats and scarfs for the needy that would be awesome.

Check it out sweetie and good luck and please do post photos of what you make...

So we can all see your creations.. Butterflies are awesome.... great idea...

hugs

Lillibet

moomooo, we sound like we could be kindred spirits. All of those things are fantastic. :manyheart

I'm shy too, somewhat of a loner.

I love all of your ideas and have been completely inspired.

There was an article somewhere about a man who made hats and left them in areas of the city where homeless people would find them.

I love the idea of butterflies

Angels would be nice too.

Do you attatch a card explaining that it is a gift for the finder to take?

Yes, I attach a card saying "for you". I might say more on scarves and stuff.

Hats for the homeless sounds great. I work at a homeless shelter serving lunch every week.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful suggestions so far!!! :ty

Awe yarn::::

You are too kind for words.... I'm sort of a loner too... My friends are all online...

Girl if I lived near you we would share so much to all that come by us ...

I truely hope that some of my ideas will work for you....

If you have a house one thing you can do is get a christmas tree and put it up and well hang your things on that x-mas tree out side and this ways you can be out there weather permitiing of course and let people grab a scar or a ornament or what ever you do hang on it accordingly...

I live on a main road so just last week my sister and I went to a food bank and they had had a rummage sale and well what they didnt sell they were giving away and honey they had a x-mas tree in box i still got to put it together to see if i need a stand for it and my sister kept asking me why you want that and i tried to explain but she wont understand til i do it...

I dont know yet what i will put there but it will be for conversation as people take what ever i do put up there...

So my dear gather your thoughts and keep up the great work..

hugs

Lillibet

maybe you can make the homeless hankerchiefs...or something similar...so they can have something to wipe their nose and mouth with when needed...something that can fit easily into a back pocket...i made myself something similar because some truck stops and rest areas don't have paper towels to wipe my mouth after brushing my teeth...i crocheted myself a 4" x 4" cotton square...it fits in the back pocket of my pants...

Archived