My latest purse

wanajo

That is a gorgeous purse. I like the straps -- they look very sturdy. I am not a fan of hard handles but I don't like too limp or skinny straps. Yours are just right! I'll bet everyone will be hoping they win your purse in the drawing!

Thanks, everyone...I am very pleased with it!

DebraKay,

The straps were easy...I just did 6 rows of single crochet then folded it in half and joined the sides with slip stitches. It sort of naturally formed a curve...perfect for a handle!

I'm almost finished with my next one...it's black and pink in honor of breast cancer awareness. I was recently diagnosed so I decided to make one to show support for awareness. It's looking great! Pics will be posted soon!

I was thinking the same thing as DebraKay about the straps--I'm also very picky with straps. But I like the straps on this one.

I'd like to make myself a new purse, but I want to use some kind of yarn that can handle getting a little wet with rain. Not necessarily water proof, but something doesn't become soaked and heavy when wet. Does such a beast exist?

SpringJ,

Check out jellyyarns.com...I just googled waterproof yarn to see what might come up. Apparently this is thin round plastic that you can crochet or knit with...who knew?

SpringJ,

Check out jellyyarns.com...I just googled waterproof yarn to see what might come up. Apparently this is thin round plastic that you can crochet or knit with...who knew?

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out!

Archived