Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

True...very true.....

The adult community we are looking to buy is about the same distance to work, so I think I'll have my vehicle for many more years (unless of course I win the lottery and hire a driver) :lol

:lol:lol wouldn't that be COOL!!!

nitey nite!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't want to work, but know that it is time... it'll be okay! ...and I will stick with what I know best "right now" for now. I have plenty of time down the road to get back into the working world. It's tough out there right now...

That's very true. I worked at Target about 2 years ago because it was what I knew. I actually had a lot of fun! Now with SIL getting her nursing license I get asked, "Oh, when are you going back to school?" Um...hello...when my kids are all in school and I actually have time! LoL It does make me feel kinda crummy, though. :blush

Good night, Joanne! :hug Good luck to dh with his cardiac cath tomorrow! I will be praying for him.

Good morning Besties!

I'm so sorry I missed the chat last night, but with the computer being in my son's bedroom now, I can't chat late anyway. Bummer!

Joanne, I'll join the crochet buddy group. Here's a big :hug. Good luck to your dh tomorrow!

Stacy, I think you really need to talk to your roomie, get an agreement about cleaning, emptying the dishwasher, and babysitting. I'm so glad you are going to be feeling better soon. :hug

Everybody else, :hug

Good morning Besties!

DD off to school without a hitch :yay Laundry started, instant capucinno in hand. 2 bathrooms to clean, one house to dust (and maybe vacuum) and one menu to plan for company. If I get all that done by noon I can :crocheting all afternoon :yay

Joanne - Thinking about you and DH and I will be :crocheting around noon.:manyheart

LeaAnne - Good luck making the call about that babysitting job. Who better qualified for that than a mom of 4 :clap You go girl!

Stacy - :hug You are a great mommy and there will be time for school/career or whatever later. Being a mom is the most important job in the world. I agree that you and roomie need to make an agreement about household chores and babysitting. :yes

Shannon - I hope the birthday girl enjoys her special party at school.

Beth - We missed you last night! I'm glad you'll be :crocheting with us today. Is your month of working at the dance studio over now? I hope you have a great day!

Mary - Enjoy your little angels. You will have so much fun!

Vicki - We missed you last night too! I hope you have a great Friday!

See you later alligators!

Hi,

I wanted to share my pic of this hat I made that I took for the yarn buying strike gang. It matches DD's fall coat - strange colours I know, eggplanty purple and brown :shrug She thinks it looks like a detective hat.

post-12231-135897457362_thumb.jpg

And as I told the yarn buying strike CAL, that is my paper towel holder modeling the hat on my deck! :rofl

Hi Besties!! Sorry about last night. The angels decided to have a bowl-a-thon right over my house!! I tried to get one last post in to tell you, but they wouldn't let me. I think that's the first time I've ever shaken my fists at angels:devil! The power went out a little bit later.

Joanne- How did everything go today? How is DH feeling? I crocheted with you and prayed for you at the same time! I'm talented like that. (actually, I better go check my stitches:heehee)

I'm sorry I can't talk to you all. We're about to go to my nephew's football game for a little while. I don't think I'll be here tonight, but we'll see. You guys are so addicting, I may not be able to resist! Plus I need to make up for last night! Love ya!!:manyheart

I guess no one is around for chat tonight. :shrug I hope you all are having fun with your families. :manyheart

The younger girls and I went to do some clothes shopping this morning. I found a bunch of cute dress/leggings sets at J.C. Penney and Mia threw a fit in the middle of the store because she wanted the dresses, but not the pants. :lol I told her we would buy the dresses only :devil and she was fine.

Joanne, how is dh tonight? :hug

Colleen, the hat is really cute!

Mary, hope you are enjoying those grandkids! :manyheart

Everyone else, hope you are having a great night!

:hi everyone! I'm not able to stick around to chat tonight. I am so tired and have a date with my pillow :sleep

Joanne - Thinking about you and your DH. :hug

Mary, here's the link http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1840 for the hat pattern.

Shannon - I hope you enjoyed your nephew's football game.

Stacy - Good trick with the dresses/pants :wink I'm glad my DD isn't the only kid who has clothing issues. I returned a snow suit to Walmart tonight that I had bought a few days ago (we have since found a keeper). The lady asked me why I was returning it. I said, there isn't anything wrong with it, she's just 4 :shrug:lol

I finished the basket part of the cornucopia and am going to stop at 3 fruit/veggies for now. I'll take a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

2 bathrooms cleaned, 2 loads of laundry washed and folded, menu set and groceries done. Tomorrow DD and I will bake cupcakes for the kids, I'll bake a pumpkin spice cake for the adults and a quick vacuum.

Good night!

Hi everyone,

Well, it was a long day, but DH is home. He had the procedure and didnt need stents. However, one of his bypass grafts has closed completely so they are going to have him see an electrophysiologist for a possible defibrilator. He had had byass surgery 15 years ago. The defribilator would be as propyhlaxis (to prevent heart attack). He is going to make an appt next week. So, all in all it went well. I decided to just bring yarn to do a basic dc scarf this morning---you know, mindless crochet. It is 80% done. He had to wait 5 hours after the procedure b/4 they would let him go home. The cardiologist that did the procedure was a little old fashioned and very conservative. I liked another cardiologist I saw and asked one of the nurses about him and they raved about him. So DH is going to make an appt with him. One good thing is that he had the procedure done at the hospital where he works so everyone took very good care of him.

When we got home, the For Sale sign was on our front lawn. It was a wierd feeling. I guess starting tomorrow, we will let them start showing the house.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Oh, DD is going to get tickets for the Rutgers homecoming football game which is on my birthday! How fun will that be for me????

Good morning and Happy Saturday

Colleen- have fun with your baking today and with your company! BTW- that hat is soo cute- nice job on it!

Hope everyone has a great day- I am going to get started on cleaning - vacuum, dust, basic stuff today. Then I want to :crocheting

Joanne - Thanks so much for stopping by to tell us how it went last night. I saw the post before I went to bed but was too tired to respond. I'm glad DH did alright and that he is home and well. That is so exciting about the Rutgers game on your birthday! Enjoy your :crocheting day!

Let the baking begin!

Before I bake, how about some cornucopia-ness? Here it is with 3 out of the 5 fruit/veggies. I haven't made the squash or the eggplant yet. I may add more someday, but for now it is stuffed enough and I like it. It is just a tiny thing. Maybe 10 inches long.

post-12231-135897458047_thumb.jpg

post-12231-135897458057_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies. Yes, LeaAnne, I am still here. The server at school for some reason won't let me on to the 'ville for some reason. And I had such a bad migraine yesterday. Nothing worked to get rid of it! I came home and just flopped in bed. Hubby cooked dinner and took DD to get ice cream. Then they had a movie night together. And I was fine with that. I just laid in bed. Needless to say was in no shape for the chat last night. I was thinking about you all when the chat time came. I hope the love flowed even if I wasn't here.

Joanne - Glad to hear that hubby did well during his procedure. Hope everything goes well when he goes back for the other part.

Stacy - I sort of missed this, but I think you were talking about eventually going back to school. Take your time with it. You will get there. I know about the little kid thing. When I decided to go back for this degree that I am working on right now I wanted to find something that I could do online since hubby works retail and stupid CRAZY hours. I love the online format. It's fun! I think I am less inhibited to say things because no one can see me, but they can read what I say. I hope that makes sense!

I am going now. I still feel a bit off kilter and I just want to relax. Have a great day and I will try to come on later and see what everyone is up to.

Vicki

Good morning! It's the big day! DD is 4!!!:clap

Joanne- I'm so glad everything went well and they took good care of him. Please let us know what the electrophysiologist says. :hugs to you both.

We were supposed to go to a birthday party this morning, but Pepper isn't feeling well and I have to bring her to the vet. I think she might have a bladder infection, or something along those lines.

Tiptoe brought DD Monsters vs. Aliens and some Halloween padookies. We gave her a game that hooks up to the TV. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure she'll want to take the time to learn how to play just yet.

We have a lot to do today! And I lost my voice. What's up with that? Well, we better go get ready so I can get Pep to the vet. Have a wonderful Saturday Besties!!:manyheart

Vicki, :hug I hope you feel better today. Migraines are no fun. You are supposed to have fun on your weekend!

Colleen, Love the cornucopia! I agree -- it seems plenty full as is. It's adorable.

Joanne, how's the patient today? I'm glad everything went well yesterday. Is your dh back on his feet already? What's the recovery rate for that procedure? The football game on your birthday sounds perfect! That is too cool.

Stacy, I had to laugh about Mia and her leggings, or lack thereof. At least she knows what she wants!!!

Shannon, how was your nephew's football game?

LeaAnne, what is going on in your busy house? Isn't this weekend the stay-up-over? Did you get any sleep?

Mary, are all the sweaters sewn together? Have you started the runner you want to make? How is the aggravating situation up there? Doesn't that person know that he should behave in God's country?

I am still waiting for the caffeine to kick in from my morning coffee, so I'm sorry if i missed anybody. My dryer still isn't working. I need to do some serious disassembling to pull out the next two parts, which I need to take to the shop to test. I'm not inspired. At least the weather has been very good for the solar-powered clothes drying system to work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

:bday, Janna! :hug:yay:dance:ducky:elle:dance:yay 4 is the Bestest age!

You will have to sing extra loud for mommy today! :wink

Joanne - glad to hear that the procedure went well, and DH was taken extra good care of. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Colleen - love the hat and the cornucopia. I hope your celebration goes well.

Beth - sorry about the dryer. that sounds so involved. I wouldn't have energy to deal with it either.:)

when does DH leave for his trip?

Vicki - i hope your migraine gets better... :hug and that you are having a restful day.

Mary - are you having a blast with those grandkids?! I hope so!

Stacy - Happy weekend! and tell DD that my "big girls" wear dresses with leggings or footless tights... it looks really cool! It's all the rage around here. I hope your family is enjoying a nice weekend, full of "quality time" :hug

the stay-up-over was last night :yawn... the girls had a blast, and they let me "hang" with them. I had a lot of laughs... 10 y/o girls sure can talk alot! There were at least 3 different conversations going on at all times... :heehee my head was :spin. Today, we are all tired, and are having a pj day:c9. it is just what the doctor ordered. I am going to try to sneak a nap shortly:devil

I called yesterday about the babysitting job. the woman was waiting for my call!:eek My friend talked to her the night before, and raved me up!:) She sounds really nice, with a values a lot like mine.:clap She likes that I live literally around the corner, and is ok with my kids going to her house after school on the days I work for her. It sounds like a good deal.

She is a nurse in the cardiac unit at Mass General... while mom-ing 6 kids! WOW! anyway, she has been working weekends, so that her DH is home with the children. She will be changing her shifts to 2 weekdays, so the job will be starting the week after Thanksgiving. (which gives me time to get my extra's done around here)

I will be going afterschool Tuesday to meet her and the children. If all goes well, I think the job is mine. :xfin

well, all... that's the update from here... all is quiet, so I am going to go try to get that nap!

I'll stop by later... :manyheart

Archived