Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

:hi everyone!

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't possibly remember what everyone is up to. DD is starting to get better, but I've had 3 nights of very little sleep and I am too tired to be smart. I'm hoping DD sleeps well tonight and can go to school tomorrow.

:yay for Janna! :yay for Beth's dryer fixing skills! :yay for LeaAnne's new job! You feel better, hon!. Thinking about Joanne's and Vicki's DHs and their appts. :hi to Mary and Stacy. :hug to all. Goodnight. :yawn

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wave ladies! I am here.

:cheer:clap:yay:hug :h5 to Janna!!!! Great job, big girl! LoL @ the "another toy." I totally hear that, but she really deserves it! And what better motivator? :rofl Shannon, I am wondering how you do chicken cutlets from a can or box, though? :think:lol

:hug to Joanne and Vicki- I will be praying and crocheting tomorrow, too! Vicki, I had to LoL @ your note to dd. I hope she didn't tease dh too badly. :heehee

Beth, :h5 to fixing your dryer!

Leanne, your body is telling you to rest- listen to it! (When you can, anyway. :wink) Great news that you have the job if you want it! :clap Sounds like you have an awesome friend and reference. :manyheart

Colleen, hope you had a wonderful day and that dd had a good day at school.

Mary, hope those grandkids didn't wear you out too much!

Jennifer and Scooby- miss ya, wherever you are! :hug

Today was long :yawn and I am :grumpy. That seems to be the norm these days. :sigh I renewed my license today and had a 90-minute wait at the DMV. The girls were very well-behaved, which was a pleasant surprise. :D Isabella has a new club at school that started today, which I completely forgot about. Now Roomie doesn't have to pick her up from school because she stays until 3.

I went shoe-shopping after dropping off Mia, then picked her up and came home. Roomie has a class at 4 and had asked weeks ago if I would watch her monsters (oops, I mean kids :wink) for an hour or so until her b/f could come watch them. I said sure, if it's only an hour, because Isabella has karate. Well...waiting, waiting, waiting...b/f strolls in the door at 6:15 saying he doesn't remember telling her that he would watch them on Tuesdays, only Thursdays...:tryme Luckily dh had come home early and ended up taking Isabella, but I told the b/f to call Roomie and ask her what was going on. So I am waiting for her to come home to straighten it out. This will not fly every week. I don't mind helping out but I am not going to rearrange my schedule for it. She also asked if I would be able to pick up her youngest on Thursdays now, but there is just no way- my car uses almost a full tank between my usual weekly running, if I add picking up her kid on Mondays and Thursdays, I'm looking at filling up possibly twice a week! :eek Not even an option for me.

Anyway...sorry for the ramble. Coming here to vent to you all just helps me to feel so much better! LoL Oh, and the surgeon's nurse called this morning- my procedure is scheduled for the 20th at 1:30. :clap The pain will be gone soon!

Shannon, I just looked at your photos and Janna is so adorable! She looks thrilled with Tiptoe's gift. :manyheart If you think her room is messy, you would keel over if you saw my girls' room! :rofl

Hi Ladies

Iam just stopping in to let you know Iam still here. DD and the kids are here til Saturday. Iam having a great time. The kids coming now was just what Dh and I needed. We were out shopping all day yesterday. Iam just about finished my christmas shopping, just have to buy a few more things and then wrap.:cheer

Youngest DD and her baby are coming next month for 2 weeks and oldest DD and her kids are coming back for a week at the same time. It will be a very busy week.

DD and I are taking the kids to play group tomorrow which just so happens to be in the hall that Dh and I took care of. I don't know who is taking care of the hall right now. But i should find out soon. I did hear a rummor that it is 2 other Lion members, who I think wanted the job, so they started all this stuff with us. Our meeting has been changed to another 3 weeks, which is fine with me cause I just keep gathering evidence.

Iam trying to keep up with reading all the post so when the kids go home I wont be soooooo far behind. I will write to everyone as soon as I can. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I think about you every day.

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day! Don't have time to respond to all right now but thinking about all of you!

And, I just have to say......Go Yankees!!!!!! Bring on the Twins- tonight 6PM!!!! (my time!)

Hugs to all!

good morning, everyone!

I am feeling much better, and am rushing around to get my chores (gotta do's only:wink) done, so I can catch a nap while the kids are at school. It is raining today... perfect day for some herb tea and a blankie:c9:lol I got a good night's sleep, and feel nice and rested today.

So far I have kitchen cleaned, bathroom wiped down, and 3rd load of laundry going. I still need to vac, sweep and dust, and then I think I will call it a day:U

Special prayers today for Joanne and Vicki's DH's :hug:hug

...and I guess I will say that I am :cheerfor the Twins (and of course the SOX)... The Twins have Cabrera, who is a self-proclaimed 'lucky charm" :lol did you see the victory lap they did last night? I've never seen anything like that before. It was really special for a team to appreciate their fans like that. And I am :cheerfor Joe Torre's Dodgers in the National League:wink Playoffs are so exciting, aren't they?

Colleen - I am glad DD is feeling better, and I hope you are getting some much needed rest today:hug

Shannon - How's everything going? How is our girl doing? Hoping that your projects are going along well:hug:hug

Mary - glad to hear you are having a wonderful time with those grandkids! And :clover with the :sher while you and DH are at playgroup.

Stacy - you can come here and vent anytime! I am glad that it helps you. What did :princess roomie say when you spoke to her last night?

I hope you have a wonderful day:hug

Beth - how goes it so far? I am thinking of you and sending lots of :hug

your way... I hope you get to spend some time relaxing with :hook&:yarn. Maybe you could make a "we missed you" gift for DH, to give him when he gets home?

Good morning!

It is very windy and rainy here today. A good day for a tea and a blankie here too :c9. We had a decent night last night. DD's coughing woke me only say 5 or 6 times last night :yawn. Yesterday I pulled her room apart, vacuumed and dusted every surface, removed her bed skirt and changed her valance in hopes of removing anything that might be aggravating her cough. She's allergic to dust. I rearranged her room too.

DD is off to school today and I stayed and did some volunteering sorting out pizza order forms this morning. I will help on pizza days every other week from now on. I've just cleaned the kitchen, will see what the laundry situation looks like (I miss my clothesline :(. We haven't had a clear day in ages.) and then I am meeting an old co-worker for coffee at lunch time.

I haven't been :crocheting since last Friday :shrug. Too busy and too tired, I guess. Maybe later today. Have a good day, friends! I'm thinking about you all!

Hi girls! I just wanted to drop by and tell you all that hubby's colonoscopy went well! No polyps were found and he did great. The doctor did a biopsy on some spots that were found on his colon, but the doctor said they usually see that during this procedure from the preparation for it. He came home and went straight for the fridge! He was saying he wanted a burger, but it was before 10. He settled for a toasted bagel with butter. I will take him for the burger later!

Stacy - What did roomie say? I hope it all gets straightened out!

Mary - Glad to hear the grandkids are keeping you busy! Enjoy them and I can't wait to hear about the meeting!

Joanne and LeaAnne - LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN! I love baseball playoof season! I look to see when all the games are on. I have to watch them! GO YANKS!

Shannon - How is everything going by you? It has been so humid here this week also. There is supposed to be a cold front pushing through Friday night to make it nice and cool. Cool enough to turn off the a/c!. YAY! I can't wait!

Ok, ladies, I must run. I hope you all have a great day and I will check in later!

Vicki

:cheer for Vicki's dh! That is wonderful news! Enjoy your burgers.

Leanne, I hope you can get that nap in! :wink Sounds like you are on a roll with the cleaning.

Colleen, :clap for volunteering! I bet dd was thrilled to have you there. I helped out in Mia's class last week and she asks every day when I will go back. They really enjoy seeing us involved. Enjoy your coffee date!

So, right after I typed up my whole thing last night, Roomie's b/f knocked on my bedroom door and said since I was already here (where else would I be?) he was going to the gym. :eek:rant I told him no, that he needed to stay and watch the kids, because that was the arrangement and I needed to get my own kids ready for bed. He went and threw a baby fit on the couch (ignoring everyone and snapping at the kids) and when Roomie showed up, he whined that I wouldn't let him go. Roomie was actually kind of exasperated that he didn't show up on time and that he wanted to leave. She apologized for the misunderstanding and told him that next week he has to be here as soon as he can because we have things to do. :clap I don't like to take the little ones out to karate because it's closer to bedtime, but I think from now on we will all go, so he cannot pull this "going to the gym" junk anymore. :wink

Today is supposed to be a "catching-up" for me, but I am feeling :yawn. I washed the breakfast dishes and put them away, and did 2 loads of laundry. I need to make my bed and I think that is all I will do. I *might* finish sorting the girls' clothes, so the boxes are not lying all over their bedroom. I also haven't :crocheting in about a week! :eek I need to get moving on dh's cross-stitch thing but I've been looking at dog sweater patterns instead. :heehee

:waving, Stacy!

sounds like Roomie has "taken the hint"! :clap:cheer:clap I hope that it continues... and taking everyone to karate for a while sounds like perfect insurance! :hug:hug

don't work too hard this afternoon... tackle only those things for today that bring you fulfillment. I will cross my fingers that you, too, can catch a nap:yes

I have nearly caught up on my chores from not being here on Monday, and being :out yesterday. all that's left is to finish folding and putting away laundry, and to wash my whites. That can all wait until the kids are home. they are all being "delivered" today, so I don't have to pick up... time to go catch that nap.... I am still :tired. Better than yesterday, but my body is telling me it's time for a break.

I'll try to check in in a while...

Love you guys!:manyheart

Watching the yankees! Go YANKS!

DH didn't have the scan today. They called this morning because his MD office hadn't pre-certified the test. So it will be pre-certified and then scheduled. He basically just took it easy today- so I am glad one of us is getting rest....lol.....

Anyway, gotta figure out something to eat and watch this game. Ttyl, Have a good night!

Hi girls! DD gave me another present today! She jumped! OFF THE GROUND!! And then she kept on jumping! I'm so excited!

Vicki- I'm glad everything went well with DH today! I hope he enjoyed a big juicy burger!! He certainly deserves it! What did you end up working on today???

Joanne- Happy to hear DH got a nice relaxing day! Sorry you couldn't join him. GO YANKS!! How's Delta Force doing this week?

Stacy- Good for you for saying no to roomie's bf! I had to giggle about the dog sweater patterns. They're so cute! Is Klaus a sweater kind of dog? I used to put my t-shirts on Pepper, and she loved it. My sister's dog Ireland hated it, but we did it a few times anyway. It was funny to see her squirm!!

LeaAnne- I'm so glad you're feeling better! You've had a hectic past few weeks! It was bound to catch up to you. Take care of yourself!

Mary- It was so good to "hear" from you last night. How did everything go at the hall today?

Colleen- How'd your coffee meet-up go? I'm glad DD was able to go to school today. Yay for helping on pizza days! It's great that you're getting involved!

Beth- Are you still purring about your dryer? I would be! You should be proud of you and DS! Hope your day hasn't been too crazy!

Okay, I'm going to just put this out here for you all to think about. The 'Ville is having a retreat next June in Huntsville, Alabama. Up to 6 people can share a room. It would be so much fun if we all took a vacation together! And before or after the retreat we could maybe go down to the beach. There's more info on the retreat in the Events and Happenings category. I think we all deserve to meet each other in person, don't you???

:hi Leanne! Hope you got the rest that you needed. :hug

Joanne, it's too bad that dh didn't have the procedure done, but I'm happy to hear he took it easy. :yay

Janna, :cheer:clap:yay:h5!! Great job jumping!

Shannon, I have no idea if Klaus will wear a sweater. :shrug All I can do is make one, and see. It is getting chilly and I noticed yesterday that he was shivering a little at night. Dh really likes the idea, as long as I use camo yarn. :rolleyes Men. As for the Huntsville meet-up, there is no way I can go until dh gets the word that his pay cut will be reinstated. We have no idea when (or at this point, even if) that will happen. I'd love to get together with you all someday, though! :manyheart

Beth, I hope you had a nice, easy day today. How is your dryer working now?

Vicki- did dh get his burger?

Dh came home early and took the older girls out for a bike ride, while I made dinner. Now all the kids are outside and dh is reading, so it is pretty quiet. :c9 I'm hoping for an early bedtime tonight. :xfin

The Yankees Won!!!!

I finished my RR- and it is so wonky (that is why I ended it...lol) It looks fine on the back of the chair folded in half but when you spread it out, it curls up. I think I see what I did wrong- must have lost stitches in some places and gained in others where i shouldn't have. So i figured, I may was well just end it and keep it folded on the back of my chair. I can use it (cause i don't care if its wonky) and I'll start another one. Because of the way it turned out, I will not be posting a pic of it. I did like the colors I used- a berry color, windsor blue and aran and it looks nice on the chair.

Sooo, I'll start another one....I am still determined to make a RR!!!!

Hope everyone had a great night. Yay for Janna- full of happy surprises! And Stacy- good for you for standing up to roomie's BF- I think roomie got the picture....

As far as Huntsville- that would depend on when we sell the house and when we are moving. It would also entail a plane trip so I would have to see what the finances are . I would love to meet everyone:manyheart!

Well, off to sleep for me.

Hi, girls!

Like Joanne said... Happy Thursday!

Shannon - 3:cheer's for Jumpin' dry Janna! It makes me :) to see you so happy! and that Janna is so full of birthday surprises!

Joanne - Happy almost birthday! one more get-up until it's here!:yay

Sorry about DH not having his test done, but I am glad he got some good rest:c9 Congrats on finishing your chair drape, ahem, I mean RR! That's really cool. The colors sounds classic and lovely. I think it only fitting that you keep the first one for you anyway:devil

Stacy - :rofl about DH and the manly camo yarn! He must have thought Klaus would look funny in pink?! I hope you find a good pattern for him:yes

How's your morning going? Today the bf comes to watch the "monsters", right? I am thinking of you!

Colleen - Are you hosting Thanksgiving at your house? What time should we arrive?!:lol And aren't you going to see my man Mickey pretty soon?

I hope DD's day went well yesterday, that she's feeling better, and that you are beginning to catch up on your rest:hug

Mary - How did the :sher/playgroup go? I hope that things are becoming clearer in your quest for truth!:hug Who's making Thanksgiving dinner? I could swing by for dessert:wink

:hi, Beth - :hugI hope you are keeping busy, but remembering to relax, too... You are in my thoughts. It's tough with a travelling DH. Oh! and here's an extra :hug, just in case you need one today! I hope that you, your dryer and quicksilver are all still Purring today! when is DS's permit test?

Vicki - How were those burgers? I hope they were delish for DH, and that you and DD had a good night, too... wait a ssecond, what am I saying? Of Course you had a great night... the Yankees won! :lol

I have all of my chores du jour finished :whew... I am still not feeling 100%. I am a little frustrated:irk... I can't stop feeling :tired. I guess I should just slow down for a while, and cash in on some way past due :crocheting time. Maybe after I take a nap:yawn.

I still need to get to the post office to mail my squares, too, but I just don't have it in me today:sigh... I am sorry:blush

I better go, but I'll try to stop by later on.

I love you guys!:manyheart:ghug

:hi everybody, remember me? I feel like I've been neglecting you. It's been busy here, but good. We went on a field trip today to Yorktown, which is a 25 minute drive from my house. We had a very nice walk from the Visitor center, to the Victory monument, to the York River, then up a very wild path (we saw 2 deer!) back to the parking lot where we started. It was funny to see my dear 6'6" son in the mock-up of a battle ship from the 1700's. He might have fit if he walked on his knees.... He makes me laugh some times.

My dryer and my quicksilver are both purring along. It's wonderful to be caught up on laundry, with soft towels. I am not fond of line-dried towels, though I really love the line-dried bedding!

Shannon, it sounds like Jenna is growing by leaps and bounds! How wonderful for both of you! What an exciting time.

LeaAnne, :hug I hope you get your nap, and some :crocheting time, too! Playing with yarn usually makes me feel better -- maybe it will work for you, too.

Joanne, Are you going to make your second RR in the same colors as your chair cozy?

Stacy, if you do make Klaus a sweater, will you please post a pic of your pooch wearing it? Make sure you use MANLY colors, or your pooch might turn his nose up at it. :rofl. Men are so amusing!

Vicki, :cheer for a good report from your dh's test!

Mary, how are things in God's Country?

Colleen, I hope all is well for you!

I got up at 3 a.m. wide awake. So I crocheted. I made two bun covers and a snowflake before breakfast. I still don't have my dd moved into my room. I need to get busy now. I have to clean a cage and many, many cat boxes. :yuck Wish me luck!

Hello friends!

How is everyone today? I hope you all are having a great Thursday!

Beth- Howdy!! Your field trip sounds divine!:c9 Good for you for getting some crochet projects finished!! I'm sorry you were up so early though. I was going to sleep about the time you got up.

LeaAnne- :hugs to you! You sound like you could use one. I hope you start feeling better soon. You know what Colleen always says. A :hook & :yarn is all you need to feel better!

Joanne- Yay for the Yankees!! Good for you for finishing your RR!! How many rounds did you do? The colors sound so pretty! Can we please see it? Pleeeeaase!! What colors will you be using for the next one?

Stacy- You might want to try an old t-shirt on Klaus before you make him a sweater, just to be sure he's okay with being clothed! Is roomie's dog going to be jealous if Klaus starts wearing sweaters? We wouldn't want any tension between them!:heehee Did you get your early bedtime?

Vicki- Has DH heard anything about the job? I'm praying that everything will work out for you all!

Colleen and Mary- Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving? Hope you're having a good day!

DD started speech again today. She did great! Her therapist could really tell a difference. Question for you mommies: Did it take your kids a while to say s's, f's and z's? We went to look for a Halloween costume but DD didn't see one she likes. We'll have to keep looking!

Have a great day everyone! Love you guys!:manyheart

Hi girls! It is Thursday and the students have left the building! I tried to get on to the 'ville earlier today but the servers were giving me problems.

Hubby woofed down his burger yesterday. Poor guy was so hungry that he finished th burger about an hour after eating a bagel. He wanted the burger at 10 in the morning! anyway, then we had shrimp fajitas for dinner after tae kwon do. He was tired and took a nap while I took DD. He said he was tired today when I spoke to him. Hopefully he took a nap!

Anyway, I got all my IEP stuff done today and I made sure all my stuff went out to teachers. Now I am listening to music that sounds like the Wizard of Oz that a teacher in here is playing.

Shannon - I am so glad to hear about Janna! She is doing such a great job!

Stacy - I hope things with your roomie are going better!

Beth - How was the field trip? Did the kids enjoy it?

Mary - How was the play date at the club?

Joanne and LeaAnne - Yes, the Yankees won. I was able to see the end of the game, although I must admit that during tae kwon do I was checking the score of the game on my phone! The Red Sox start their series tonight in LA.

That is all from this end of the woods. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day. I am tired and can't wait to go home. I have some stuff to read and my yarn is calling me. I was working on a hat from a pattern book I have, but I think I did something wrong because it looks like a big bowl! Maybe I will try to figure that out.

TTFN ladies!

Vicki

Hello, besties!

Joanne, sorry to hear your rr is wonky. At least you have something all made up for yourself! I know you won't post a pic but I am dying to see what it looks like! :D

Beth, your field trip sounds like fun! Did you get a pic of your son on the battleship? I'm glad to hear that your van and dryer are purring along. :yay

Leanne, it sounds like you've done enough for today. Go get that :hook and :yarn and relax!

vicki, LoL @ dh scarfing the burger, then shrimp fajitas! He must've been one hungry guy.

Shannon, I will try the t-shirt. I think I will still make him a sweater though, just because it looks like it would be fun to make. :hook As for the sounds...Mia says a /z/ like an /s/ sound, so instead of saying "zoo," it comes out like "soo." When she says /t/ it sounds like she is spitting. Sometimes she also says the /s/ like a /th/. Like sometimes she says "Klauth." Mostly, though, she just adds extra syllables to words. Her pre-k teacher gave me a paper at the end of last school year, with letters, and the ages by which kids should be able to correctly pronounce them. I think /s/, /f/, /z/, and /th/ were among the ones that came at later ages.

Speaking of speech, I got a call yesterday from the nurse at Mia's school, asking if I had requested an evaulation. :rolleyes I said, yes, last month. She gave me a big speech about how I should have gone through the pediatrician instead of waiting until she was in school. I got kind of irritated and told her I had tried that first. After a runaround, she said they would have an evaluator come out to the school in the next week. :clap I have my :xfin that someone does come out soon, so we can get this figured out. I would like to have it taken care of before dh's insurance changes at the end of the year.

Anyway, that's all from here. I have a basket of laundry in front of me, waiting to be folded, with one in the wash and one in the dryer. Dh is in Riverside until 4:30, then he is driving straight to school. I won't see him until 10 tonight. :( But at least I don't have to make a big dinner. :heehee:devil

Archived