Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

It's been pretty quiet around here today!

Dishes done, and I have a load of clothes to put in the dryer. Our neighbor made white beans with sausage and rice, so dinner is taken care of. Now if I can just get DD to sleep by 7:30. Hmmm....

Hey Joanne! Did you know that you and Brett have the same birthday??? You're so lucky!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Colleen- sorry to hear that you and DD had a rough night- hope you were able to catch a little nap before work and that DD is feeling much better.

Stacy- Did you get both kids picked up on time? And glad that roomie is picking up Isbella on Tues- (trade-offs are good things). Hope you are feeling better and that the sore throat is not so sore

LeaAnne- hope the stitchintime household wasn't toooooo crazy!!!!!

Shannon- did you get the mountain of laundry put away (or at least down to a small hill) And yes, DH and I will be watching the game tonight and rooting for the Vikings- how about that- we are rooting for the SAME team!!!!!!

Beth- did you get a nap today? You were up very early to take DH to the airport! Don't overdue when he is away- you hae lots on your plate on a normal day and you want to tackle the dryer and the ceiling? Amazing...

Mary- How is your time with the grandkids going?

Vicki hope you had no migraines today and that school went well. Did DH ever decide what he was doing about changing jobs? You may have posted, but I forgot.

We had a call from the realtor- one of the couples that looked at our house this weekend wants to come back next weekend for another look- guess they liked what they saw. (or are not liking what else is out there...lol)

I don't know what to do with the scarf. Just put a white border all the way around or just keep it all red and add fringe. Decisions, decisions... Think I'll take the night off from that and think some more on it and work some more on the RR. When I finish off the red scarf I'll post that along with the "cardiac cath" scarf.

DH is doing ok- went to the cardiologist today and he is scheduled for a MUGA scan Wednesday- it is a noninvasive test that assessesthe function of the heart. The MUGA scan produces a moving image of the beating heart, and from this image several important features can be determined about the health of the cardiac ventricles (the heart’s major pumping chambers). The results of this test will determine whether they will recommend an implantable defibrillator or not. So, asking for postive thoughts on Wednesday!

Have a good night Besties!!!

Positive thoughts going your way on Wednesday, Joanne! :hug

Shannon, you are on a roll today! :cheer How nice of your neighbor to make dinner.

:hi Leanne!

I did get both girls picked up on time. :clap Homework finished, snacks eaten, now the girls are all playing outside. And my battery light is blinking so that is all I have time to post.

I know- It is kind of scary- but at least we are in a position that we don't have to sell- that would be way more nervewracking. My birthday is Saturday so maybe that will be the lucky day we get an offer. We are fairly firm on our price, which is a fair one. Not too high, not too low- we researched comprable houses and what they sold for. When the right buyer comes along, than that is when we sell.

There is one community we both like =it's about 23 years old and is a nice community. Some of the newer ones are really nice, but not worth the price in my opinion. The price of the one's in the community we are looking at are what we want to pay to really reduce our mortgage. I like that is on a golf course, since I've always wanted to learn how to play golf. It also has an indoor and outdoor pool and a nice recreation center with a gym. Taxes are lower on an older community as opposed to a new.

Wow, they sound nice! I wanna move in. LoL

Sorry, Joanne, the girls are going crazy with the dirt outside so I better get going. Have a great night! :hug

Hi to all! I was feeling fine until about 10:30. My head hurts again. Ugh. It has now moved to the base of my neck and nothing seems to want to help it. Such a joy. Anyway, I had to come and see how all my besties were!

Shannon - YAY for Janna! Good for her and the gains that she has made! She will start to make great strides now and you will be amazed! Give her a hug for me!

Stacy - Are you feeling better? I hope the sore throat is gone. Glad to hear that the girls are all playing outside!

Colleen - Did you get a nap? I hope your night goes better than last night.

Mary - You must be having fun with the grand kids!

LeaAnne - How was the stay up over? Did Krissy have a good time?

Beth - Glad to hear that Quicksilver is a favorite! And yes, you deserve such a good car!

Joanne - Good luck with the second showing! It is so much better to not be worried about selling the house. Let us know how it goes!

Hubby is waiting for the other place to call him back. He was supposed to call the guy back but never did. He said he was going to call tomorrow. Hubby is on a liquid diet tomorrow because Wed. he is having a colonoscopy. I get to take him and wait in the surgery center. Yarn will be my companion!

Hope everyone has a great night and I will try to talk to you all tomorrow. I still can't get on from school, so I have to wait until I come home. If I miss a day to two you all know why, but know that I am thinking about you all and that I miss you all when I can't talk to you!

TTFN!

Vicki

Vicki, I hope your headache went away. It sounds like a bad one. I hope the colonoscopy goes well for your dh. It's good to have yarn for companionship and entertainment while waiting!

Joanne, Good luck with the second showing. It's nice not to be in a rush. The community you have picked out sounds very nice. I'll definitely have my :xfin on Wednesday. Kind of hard to crochet like that though....:think

Stacy, how are you feeling? Did you get any rest? It's hard for "Mom" to relax some times.

Shannon, how is your big girl doing today? I loved hearing about her party. She sounds so very adorable.

Colleen, was tonight any better than last night? I hope everyone is well at your house.

LeaAnne, how are things at the Astitchintime house? Sounds full of life and fun from here.

Mary, did the grandchildren go back already? How was your weekend?

Yesterday was total chaos at the ballet studio, and I had to leave during my shift to get my son to his swim practice. But it all worked out just fine. I should get the part I need to fix my dryer today!:cheer And it's so easy to replace that one -- one screw and two wires that slide right into place. Then I have to replace a panel and the door -- 4 more screws! I'll tell you, it's not that difficult to repair modern appliances.

I need to get my oldest ds up for work. Funny, I remember buying him an alarm clock...

Love you all!:hug:manyheart

Good morning!!!

Vicki- hope that the headache is better today! I can't get on to the ville during work either. Internet is for business use only. It is so tempting to want to check in. Maybe my next phone should be a blackberry! LOL...Yarn is a great companion when waiting..hence my "cardiac cath" scarf. What are you going to work on? You'll have to name it the "colonoscopy" whatever you make!

Stacy- how did the rest of your evening go? Thank goodness for outdoors with kids! And you live in a climate where they can play outside year round!

Shannon- Great game last night...although I didn't stay up until the end. Fell asleep around 11...But my birthday-sharing Brett played so well. You could tell this game meant alot and that he wanted to stick it to his former team.

Beth- you make appliance fixing sound so easy! Hope that you have a great day and that the dryer is fixed and drying clothes in no time!

Colleen- hope that DD had a restful night (and you too). How is she feeling today?

LeaAnne- Is today you get to meet the kids you'll be sitting for? Good luck, although with your experience with 4, I don't think you need it. Yay for getting a job!

Mary- hope you have a wonderful day with the grandkids- they were going to be around for a week right? (or did I mis-read how long they were going to be visiting?)

Well, off to get ready for another day!

Have a good one (and just in case you forget, remember your vitamins):hug

YAY, the server is fixed! I can get back in the 'ville in school!I can come and see what is happening with my friends!

My head is feeling better at the moment. We'll see how it feels in a little while.

Hubby is on his liquid diet today. Poor thing. DD has been teasing him to no end since he can't eat anything. I left her a note this morning telling her not to tease him too badly this morning. I need to help her do the teasing! Needless to say I am not cooking tonight. It will be an anything you want for dinner night. Maybe chocolate chip pancakes?

Anyway, I need to go and finish my data this morning. I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good morning my Besties!

Vicki- I'm so glad your head is feeling better! :xfin that your headache doesn't come back anytime soon. Good luck to DH tomorrow. What will you be working on at the hospital?

Joanne- Are you excited about someone being interested in your house? The community you may move to sounds divine! Good luck to you!

OMG! That game was awesome!! Brett looked great! I felt bad for Aaron Rodgers though. They weren't protecting him at all! It was fun to watch. Even DD was yelling 1st down and touchdown!!

Beth- Sorry work was so hectic for you. I'm amazed that you are fixing the dryer by yourself! You go girl! Women's lib!!:lol BTW, does your dog know how to speak? I can't remember if that was on the list.

LeaAnne- I hope things aren't too hectic for you! Is today the day you meet the kids? Good luck!!

Colleen- How's DD feeling today? I hope you were both able to get some rest yesterday and last night. Give her a big get well :hug for me!

Mary- I'm sure you're having a blast with the grandkids!! When do they go home? Has everything smoothed over up there?

Stacy- How are you feeling today, hun? How's Klaus doing? I hope you have a wonderful day!

Joanne- Good luck to your DH tomorrow. Are you going to the appointment with him? You both will be in my prayers.

Big news around here!! DD stayed dry all day long yesterday!! We got a new potty chart and she put a sticker on it each time she went big girl potty! Then Daddy came home and he told her that if she gets stickers on each day until Saturday she can get a new toy!! I looked at the birthday toy tornado mess and thought, "Great, another toy." But she certainly deserves this if she can keep it up. It's been a long time coming!

I have more cleaning to do today. Hopefully I can get it all done today. I hope you all have a marvelous day! Love you!:manyheart

Hooray!!!:cheer:clap:yay:manyheart for Janna! I'm so happy for you both! She's just full of birthday gifts for YOU, isn't she?

Another Hooray from my house -- do you hear that purring sound? The dryer is running! (I'm trying not to purr too loud, but I'm SO happy!):rofl Although it was an easy fix, I let my 15-year-old son replace the part, and we put the cover and door on together. The blue jeans will be dry, even though it's sprinkling!

Vicki, I'm glad your headache is better, and you can 'Ville from school.

Hello to everybody! I hope your day is great. :hug:manyheart

Yay for Janna and Yay for Beth fixing her dryer and Yay for Vicki able to check into the ville from work! Shanon- loved the pics of Janna on FB! She is just so cute!!

I'm watching the Twins/Tigers game to see who the Yankees will be playing and it is tied now. They are really taking this down to the wire.

I did three rows on the RR last night. The weather is supposed to be nice and in the low 70's on Saturday for the football game so I probably won't need the Rutgers red scarf I made:lol, but that's ok, I'll take nice weather any day of the week!! Today was really beautiful here- a couple of us took a walk at lunchtime around the parking lot. I just love this fall weather we've been having!!!!

Hope everyone has a good night. I'll try and check in later, but I'm hungry- just realized I haven't eaten dinner yet and it's almost 8! See what happens when dh isn't here (he went to class tonight which is good-it means he's feeling ok :-)

Thanks Joanne! I'm actually really embarassed because you can see what a mess her room is in those pictures! I plan to get in there this week and get rid of a lot of stuff! I wish we had your weather! It is so humid here that even the windows on our fireplace are sweating!:yuck The high tomorrow will be in the mid-60s, then 90 on Thursday. I hate it when the weather won't make up its mind!:thumbdown

Beth- Your purring comment made me LOL!! Thank goodness I learned from you not to drink and read posts at the same time!:lol

Vicki- Let us know what you decide to work on! I'll be crocheting between 9 and 12 again tomorrow, and I'll be thinking about you and DH!

I better go check on dinner. Chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes, and green beans (all from boxes/cans:lol) I'm hoping to be back later, but I have a lot to do tonight. Mwah!:manyheart

:cheerfor Dry-girl Janna! And :cheerfor can/box meals when you are on a cleaning binge!

:cheerfor Beth's dry clothes! and for QuickSilver taking good care of DD! It sounds like you are all staying busy so far... :hug

:clover to Joanne's DH tomorrow ... only 3 more get-ups until your :birthday! :yay

:clover to Vicki's DH tomorrow ... and :clap for internet at school!

:xfin for Mary's meeting tomorrow night. Hope you are having fun with the grandkids:manyheart

:xfin that Colleen's DD is feeling better and you both got some rest.

:xfin that Stacy is feeling better, too... and that Klaus and all of your residents of your home are doing ok, and are peaceful and happy.

I am not feeling very well... I think I have wore myself out in the last couple of weeks... I can't stop sleeping, and am just loaded with the achy-blahs.... I didn't go to meet the family today, they cancelled until next week. She had an after school engagement that she had forgotten about. It's ok, though... the job is mine if I want it! :yay (that friend of mine must've said some really great stuff:lol. Actually, she is a friend and a reference. I used to babysit for her before her some started school)

I am thinking of you all, and will be praying for you all tomorrow.

I am going back to bed.

Sweet Dreams, everyone! :hug

:night

Archived