Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Colleen- love the cornucopia- and I think it is perfect as is. Enjoy your company tonight.

LeaAnne- i'm sure you are going to get the job- perfectness for you. Happy that the stay up over went well and that you are getting your much needed nap today

Vicki- You probably have a migraine from the yankees terrible outing last night (LOL). Hope the migraine is gone and that you are relaxing on your day off.

Beth- Sorry about the dryer, but at least the weather has cooperated for thesolar drying system. How is DS doing and has DD been driving Quicksilver?

Mary- I bet you are having a blast with the grandkids and hope that they are helping keep DH mind off the drama.

Stacy- Being a mom is the most important job you could have. I didn't finish school until mine were almost done with college. Online courses are great- I did take most of my classes on campus at RU (5 min from work, and then it was only 25 min home). My DH went back for his master's degree and he did the entire thing online. You are never to old to go back (look at me- degree @ 53--(hey that rhymes)

Shannon-:birthday:cake:bday:cake:bday to Janna!!! 4 is my favorite age- enjoy it!!! (sorry about your voice- must have been all the cheering at the game) Have a spendiferous-ness day---hugs to Janna!!!!

Well, I ran some errands this afternoon- after cleaning this AM. DH said that someone already came to look at the house- and someone is coming in a little while. This kind of makes the selling the house thing very real...DH has been resting on the couch and is feeling good. Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes.

have a good rest of the day

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Joanne - that was fast! Sign on the lawn yesterday, and already 2 viewings? That's great! I hope that this all goes smoothly for you and DH. I am glad to hear that he is recovering so well. Oh! and I forgot to mention how very cool it is that you will be spending your b-day at a Rutgers game with DD! :cheer

Sorry I missed crocheting with you yesterday... I was playing plumber. My toilet was leaking. It's fixed now! And without a plumber's bill to show for it!

BC (Boston College) is up 7 - 3 over Florida State in the 2nd qtr. Doug Flutie is at the game. :cheer:cheerGo BC!

Which also reminds me... I keep forgetting to tell you, Shannon, that I, too am a Saints fan! They are my 2nd team that I cheer for. They look excellent this year so far:clap

Be back in a bit... I am actually going to sit and :crocheting! :faint I can't even believe it! I hope I remember how, it's been so long! :rofl

Hugs to you all!

LeaAnne--That is great about BC- My brother and one of my sil's went to BC. My nephew is applying there- it's his first choice. I have a soft spot in my heart for BC!!

Well, I finished the "cardiac cath" scarf---the scarf I made yesterday at the hospital. I only had a few rows to do and then add fringe, so I finished it up quickly.

I am heading over to AC Moore to get RED yarn so I can make myself a red scarf for the game next Saturday....and then I'll get back to the RR!!

Hi Ladies

Joanne Iam soooo glad everything turned out ok with DH. :cheer On 2 house showings.

Colleen have fun with the company tonight.

Stacy I think being a Mom is a very important job.

Vicki sorry about the headache, hope you feel better soon.

Beth I hope the solar power dryer works good today.

Shannon :birthday to Janna, sorry about the voice.

LeaAnne :cheer for the job. WTG

The grandkids are at my Mom's today. I had to take DD's dogs to the vet today and get their shots. I cleaned up a bit, there wasn't too much of a mess, I took a nap and now Iam going to :crocheting and watch some T.V.

Talk to you all tomorrow

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:( No, Mary... I never have. It's really strange that we've never heard from her. :think

I am glad you had a good day today.

Shannon - how was Janna's birhtday, and how's Pepper doin?

Joanne - what kind of yarn did you get? I know the color... Rutgers Red!:D

I hope you all had a great day... I am off to bed. still :tired:tired... it's been a long couple of weeks, and I think it's catching up with me.

Love and hugs to you all, dear besties!

:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I got Caron Simply Soft- color is "Rutgers" Red----really just called RED 9729 . It is soft- and I like this yarn...but this skein was a bear- big huge yarn barf when I pulled on the tail from the middle. Usually with Simply soft, if you pull on the right end to free it and then pull left yarn end, it starts working just fine. But not this time.....I ended up having to work from the outside of the skein. I sent an email to Caron since I was so disappointed in the mess of yarn that came out of the middle.

I'm doing a very simply alternating sc /dc- chain of 21 to start. It's going quickly. I may have to make one for DD too. We'll see how the week at work goes. I should have this scarf done tomorrow----Football Sunday- Go Big Blue!!!

Sweet dreams everyone!!! Off to sleep for me too

Hi girls! Thank you for all of DD's birthday wishes!!:manyheart

Joanne- :yay for showing the house!! And I'm glad DH is feeling well!

LeaAnne- Sounds like the stay-up-over was a success! You must be one cool mom for those girls to let you join them!!

Vicki- I hope your migraine is gone. Goodness, first me then you. I hope they aren't contagious the way George seems to be around here!

Mary- Are you having fun with the grandkids? Have you gotten a lot done on the sweaters? I can't wait to see them!

Beth- Sorry about your dryer! At least the weather is cooperating!

Colleen- I love your hat and your cornucopia!! How did the baking go? I hope you had fun with your company!

Stacy- How are you feeling today? How were things with Roomie? I hope everything starts going smoother for you. It's a big adjustment for everyone.

Today was good, and I am tired!! We're about to go to bed so we're happy happy for the party! Have a great night everyone!:manyheart

Good morning Besties!

LeaAnne - WTG about the phone call about the job! I hope it works out! Good luck with the meeting of the kids on Tuesday. Good job on the toilet fix too! Superwoman better watch out now that you are looking for a job :wink

Joanne - Enjoy your Giants! 2 showings on the house already is great! Is DH able to get up and out alright when people come through this weekend? Good luck with the Rutgers Red scarf. What a great idea!

Shannon - Enjoy the birthday party today! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Beth - How is the Miss Fix-it business going? Good luck with that dryer! You are a braver woman than I.

Mary - I hope you are enjoying those grandkids. What a wonderful way to spend you weekend. :manyheart

Stacy - How is California's best Mom doing? I hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend.

Vicki - How are you feeling? I hope you are having a relaxing weekend.

Our get together went well. The baking was great. DD helped me make the rainbow chip cupcakes for the kids. The pumpkin spice cake got rave reviews too! Yum! And it was so easy to make! I'll have to make that one again. My house is nice and clean and tidy, so I can relax today. :c9 Have a great day!

Colleen- glad that your get together went well. Pumpkin spice cake sounds absolutely yummy! Enjoy your relaxing time today.

House is all clean here too- just ran the vacuum this morning and DH cleaned the stainless steel appliances. Yes, he is up and about and feeling good. Just gets a little tired. He is off work all week so he'll have plenty of chance to rest up

Have fun at the party Shannon

Hey guys! Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling MUCH better today. Migraines don't usually last that long on me. This one started Friday morning and didn't want to go away until last night! Needless to say I got nothing done. Hubby took DD to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and then we went for pizza. When we came home I finished watching the Rangers win their home opener. YAY Rangers! Right now the Giants are on and later we will watch the Jets and the Saints. J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS! Sorry, girls, I know some of you are Saints fans, but I would love to see the Jets go 4-0 for the season so far.

Joanne - Good luck at the showings!

LeaAnne - Have fun with your yarn again! I have been spending a lot of time with mine the last two days!

Shannon - How was Janna's birthday?

Have a good rest of the day ladies! TTFN!

Vicki

Hey ladies!

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, we took the girls to Knott's. They had a blast!! There were no lines for the rides and the weather was only 75. It was perfect! :manyheart We are thinking there weren't lines because they have the Halloween Haunt on the weekends, and it is a separate event, which requires it's own ticket. No one wants to pay twice. :wink The only downside is that the park closes at 5:30. We are planning to take the girls back at least once before Halloween is over, to make the rides we missed.

:birthday to Janna!! I hope she had a fabulous-ness party! :hug Btw..who is Tiptoe? :think

Vicki, I'm sorry to hear about your migraines! I hope they ease up soon.

Joanne- 2 showings already! Wow! I'm happy to hear that dh's procedure went well. :hug How cool about the game on your birthday! :cheer

Colleen, I'm glad your gathering went well! Pumpkin spice cake sounds yummy. :drool I loved your 4-y/o comment to the woman in Walmart! :lol

Leanne, good luck with that job. How sweet of your friend to put in a good word for you! :clap

Mary, sounds like you're having a blast with those grandkids! :yay

Beth, is ds reading up for his re-test? Good luck with getting your dryer fixed. That sounds complicated!!

The weather is perfect-ness today! :manyheart I am so glad it is starting to feel like fall. We actually slept with the comforter last night. Isabella slept at the IL's but Mia wanted to come home with us. The girls are all getting along and playing beauty parlor in the bedroom. :cheer I am doing some laundry, then I plan to go to the health-food store. Thank you all for the words of wisdom about going back to school. :hug I know I will get there eventually and that raising my kids is much more important. It doesn't normally bother me but when SIL is in town, it's like she rubs it in my face or something. :shrug:angry

Well I'm going to scoot and see what I can finish before the laundry is done. Have a super Sunday! :manyheart:hug

And the Giants are 4-0 (along with the Saints!)

Vicki- How is the angel tournament down by you? We had the most perfect weather today- sunny, blue skies about 75 degrees (just like Stacy in CA) Awesomeness.

Stacy- Knotts sounds like fun for the kiddos! And yay for no lines!!! that is so cute -girls playing beauty parlor (hope there are no scissors around:lol)

Shannon- Good day for you- Janna's party and the Saints won. (and Yes who is tiptoe?)

Colleen- Hope you had a relaxing day in your clean house today.

Mary hope you are having a blast with the grandkids

LeaAnne- did you get a chance to pick up the :hook and :yarn today?

Beth- Hope you had a good day too

We had someone else look at the house today. This could take a while- so far no offers (I know we just started showing yesterday :lol)

I am 95% done on my "Rutgers Red" scarf. Should be finished tonight. I am debating on whether I want to put a white border around it. I saw something like that in one of the crochet mags that I leafed through at B&N. Or I just might leave it all red and call it a day (or Knight). Sorry about my little play on words there- the Rutgers team is the Scarlet Knights!!

Have a great evening everyone. Time to finish the scarf!

Hi girls!! We missed you at the party today!

Joanne- I loved your play on words! Do we get to see pictures of your scarves?? Congrats to your Giants!

Colleen- I'm so glad you had fun with your company. The pumpkin spice cake sounds so yummy! Would you mind sharing the recipe so I can give it to someone who knows how to bake so they can make it for me?

Vicki- I'm sorry your Jets lost. I like the Jets too! And I'm pretty impressed with Sanchez (not to mention he's a cutie!) I'm glad you're feeling better!

Mary- Are you having fun with your grandkids? Are you feeling better now that all that mess is behind you?

Stacy- Sounds like you had great family fun at Knott's! :yay for no lines!

LeaAnne- How's the gang at your house? It's nice to know I have a fellow Saints fan!! Geaux Saints! Have you and Krissy recuperated from your stay-up-over yet?? Good luck with the job!

Beth- How's your dryer feeling today? I hope you're able to make it all better. Has the weather been good today?

Jennifer and Scooby- Hi! We sure do miss you!!

:whew!! What a day! What a wonderful, fantastic, glorious day! My girl amazes me. She was so happy all day. As soon as the first guests arrived, she started running around yelling, "Everybody here, everybody here!! I happy!" I can't even put into words how much she has changed since last year. My heart feels like it's about to burst! Finally we've come to a birthday and I'm not sad because she's so behind. She's starting to catch up, and it makes me so happy! I'm tearing up just thinking about everything she's gone through and what an awesome kid she is!!

Sorry. Anyhoo, so many people came, despite all the rain. And everyone had a great time! Oh, and BTW, Tiptoe is the birthday elf. You put your slippers beside your bed the night before your birthday, and when you wake up there's a present in you slippers! Tiptoe came to see me until I got married. I guess he didn't get my new address!:heehee

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I'm hoping to be here for chat this week! Love you guys!:manyheart

Shannon, :manyheart:hug:c9 I love Tiptoe! Never heard of him/her before, but HOW SWEET!!! I'm so glad your birthday girl made your day. It sounds like you had a most memorable day. It warms my heart to hear you sound so very happy. And the cake is loveliness!

Joanne, :rofl You are so punny! You are flying through that scarf. And I think it is amazing that you've shown your house 3 times in 2 days! How is Mr. Imanurse doing?

Vicki - your Jets will get 'em next week! (Unless they are playing my 'Skins.)

Stacy, Knotts sounds like fun. If your SIL is being obnoxious, maybe she's just jealous. You do have the most important job in the world right now. And look at your darling girls! You are accomplishing so much!

Colleen, Yummmmm. Spice cake! Of course, the cupcakes sound good to me, too! So glad your get-together went well. It's so nice to connect like that!

LeaAnne, congrats on the sitting job! It sounds perfect. I don't know who is busier, though, you, or the mom you will be helping!

Mary, how was your weekend with the grandchildren? I still think Grandma sounds like a pretty sweet job.

I dropped my dh off at the airport this morning. Let's see how I make it for 3 weeks without him. I haven't faced the dryer since the last time I wrote about it, but I hope to pull out the two pieces that need checked today. My dd is a driver! She has been behind the wheel in 2 of our vehicles, and prefers Quicksilver. She told me that she will drive to our volunteer activity this morning, since I'll be tired from taking her dad to the airport so early. :rofl. It is so much easier to teach a willing driver. I wouldn't be surprised if she finishes the required 45 hours of practice driving before her big brother does. BTW, I still love Quicksilver. I am not sure I deserve such a wonderful vehicle, but I am enjoying it!

While my dh is gone, I'm moving my dd's bed into my bedroom, and her dresser into the kitchen. (There isn't room for it, but I'm doing it any way!) That way, when I can't sleep, I can go into her bedroom, and work on that dratted ceiling.

Does anybody know a good trick to teach a dog? I think it would be very cool if our beloved mutt could show "daddy" something new when he gets home. Toby already knows sit, stay, down, over, give me paw, give me other paw, leave it (my favorite!) and we're working on sit up.

Sorry for posting a novel here. I have a lot of catching up to do. :hug to everyone! I am so glad to be part of this group!

Good morning everyone!

Beth- we are here for you in DH's absence. And yay for DD and offering to drive since you were up so early! You amaze me with your plumbing skills and all!

Shannon- So happy for you that Janna's birthday was a raging success! I teared up when I read your post. You are an awesome mom and your pride and love shows through! I absolutely love tiptoe- I never heard of that either- what a great tradition. (and sorry that tiptoe didn't get your new address when you got married).

Everyone else sorry I cant respond individually- just looked at the clock and it's 6:18:eek Gotta run and finish getting ready for work.

I'll catch you on the flip side.

:yawn :coffeeGood morning Besties!

I just got through one of my worst nights on mom duty to date (don't laugh at me, I know I've probably forgotten the first 6 months of her life or the 8 ear infections before she was 20 months old :lol). DD has a cough and I did not sleep from 2:00 am on. I spent the night alternately in a steamy bathroom, sitting up in the cool basement, window open, window closed, cough, cough, cough. :( Poor dd, nothing seemed to help. She seems a bit better this morning, so hopefully she is on the way to better-ness. Needless to say, no school for her today.

Shannon - I am so glad that your Janna-ness enjoyed her special birthday party! :yay And how wonderful that it is also a celebration of how far she's come in the past year. You have done a wonderful job, Mom! DD loved the cake and wants to know if I could make it for her birthday. :eek I've never heard of Tiptoe either. What a fun tradition! I'll post the cake recipe soon. It is a VERY easy recipe. I'm sure you could manage it...if you used a silicone pan.:lol

Beth - Yes, we will definitely be here to support you while DH is away! I'm glad to hear your dd is doing well at her driving practice. I'm sure moving DD's furniture out so you can work on that ceiling is a good idea, but make sure you get some sleep too :hug

Joanne - Have a great day at work!

LeaAnne - I hope your gang gets a good start to the new week. I look forward to hearing more about how your meeting goes tomorrow. So I was just thinking, after school will there be 10 kids there? :eek Do they have a gym? :rofl I sure hope they have a backyard!

Vicki - I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. How fun that your DH takes DD out to the movies and for ice cream. Nice for all of you - you get time alone and they get special daddy-daughter time. :manyheart

Stacy - It sounds like you had a great weekend! Have a good day with your beautiful girls.

Mary - I bet you are enjoying those grandkids!

Have a good one!

Good morning!

Colleen, I'm sorry to hear you and dd had such a crummy night! :hug to both of you. I hope she takes a nap today so you can get some rest. And I am not laughing- I have had more "bad nights" as they get older, than I did when they were newborns.

Shannon, I'm so happy that Janna had a wonderful birthday and that she is starting to catch up! WTG, Mom! She has made so much progress not only because she is a smart little cookie, but because she has such a loving, nurturing mommy! (And daddy, too, I'm sure. :wink) Btw, I love Tiptoe! What a sweet tradition. Sorry he didn't get your new address. :heehee

Beth, you know we are here for you while dh is away! 3 weeks, what a long time! Don't wear yourself out with that ceiling, though- you need your rest. :hug Sounds like dd is doing a wonderful job with driving. And with all of the :drive you do to help everyone, you definitely deserve such an awesome vehicle. :tup Does your dog know how to play dead? :shrug Sorry, I can't think of anything else. I'm having a hard enough time trying to teach mine to stop digging up the sprinklers. :thair

Leanne, Joanne, Mary, Vicki, Jennifer- I hope you all have an awesome-ness day.

I woke up with a cough and nasty sore throat today- I don't even want to talk. Roomie starts grad school today so I am picking up her kids on Mondays and watching them until 4. (She picks up Isabella on Tuesdays, so it is a trade-off.) My biggest crunch will be picking up her dd at 1 and Mia at 1:30. They are at opposite ends of the city but I'm hoping :xfin that it will only take me an extra 15 minutes.

Well I need to get going and get Mia ready. BBL!

Hi girls!

Colleen- I hope DD feels better soon, so you can both get some rest! Thank you for the silicon pan reminder--you're a pip!:lol

Stacy- I'm sorry you don't feel well. Good luck picking the girls up on time today!

Beth- So you and DD will be roomies for the next few weeks? Good luck with the ceiling, but I agree with everyone else. You need to rest. Where did DH go?

Joanne- Will you be tuning in to the big game tonight? Brett's not feeling great, but you know he's going to play. We're excited about it around here. And I must say, "GO VIKINGS!"

LeaAnne- Where you been girl? Hope things aren't too crazy for you!

Vicki- How's school going today? How did DD do with her speech release?

Mary- How long are the grandkids there for? I'm sure you'll need plenty of rest once they leave! Kids are a handful!!

Well, it's slow-going around here today! I vacuumed the living room and folded the mountain of laundry that's been on my couch the past week. Other than that I've been putting new toys together and watching home movies with DD. I really need a :kick! My house is grody!!

Have a great day and I'll see you later!:manyheart

hi, all...

another crazy day at the "stitchintime" house... but I wanted you all to know I am thinking of you and I wanted to say "hi"...

so :hi:hi:hi!

I'll try to BBL...

Hugz!

Archived