Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Mary, I may do that too. I don't have any buff at the moment so I haven't been sewing any together. But if I do blocks then I can do the angel part and make my blocks that way. I should be getting the buff in about a week.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick Hi this morning - Maggie has a Vet appointment and her mother overslept. :blush

Tracy ~ I've added 53/4 to the list. :cheer

Hi Donna!

Val, it sounds like you're making lots of progress. :clap

Have a great morning, everyone.

Hi, Mary...I'm here..off and on:P

Was Maggie's appointment a routine one? I hope so...the other kind can get way too expensive, as you know:yes

I'll be getting back to my neglected saltine projects sometime this month. Need to get caught up on my Scripture ghan squares first:blush

I've been in and out all day. Had to work and then it was picking the kids up. I'm home for the day now. I probably won't be on much tonight though. We're probably going to watch our shows tonight. I haven't touched the angel squares (except to weave in the ends) in two days now. I probably won't get to it till tomorrow. I need to get some progress done on other projects.

I'm lurking :D I am however missing the saltines and will be back at another quilt-ghan soon! I am finishing up a baby nine-block with left over saltines and I am dreaming up some new pattern ideas. I have three or four that I am eager to get going on but have to finish up a couple other things first.

I am heading on a road trip this weekend and plan to take yarn to make some saltines in whatever colors I have of extra yarn. I also have a bunch of saltine type squares that I bought on ebay a while back. Those are coming with me and I will spend my time sewing them together and doing a border. The squares are two round grannies with the first round in all sorts of pastels and the second round on all are white. Should be cute when it's done.

I'll have a saltine update next week :yay

Yay, I don't feel so lonely now. :D

Denise ~ Wow! You are making some serious progress. :cheer Squares are on the list. :)

Karen, have a great weekend!

DH just got home from Austin - one of the few places he drives to and he'll be in town til next Monday!

It's been so quiet in here today...I'm talking to myself again. :lol Hope everyone is okay and just busy. I'm going to crochet for a while before it's time to start dinner. :hook

I was busy at work. We missed the deadline yet again and now I'm the only one doing one type of product. The other two people who also do it, one had to have sudden surgery (but apparently not emergency) and the other is the pregnant one, she's currently out, presumably on bed rest.

OK, so I wasn't wrong... all of a sudden things weren't adding up.

TEchnically, you need 17 squares sewn together per day to be done at the end of the month, but we'll round it to 20 and give you time for border and such! :lol

So, since today is the 5th, you should have

100 squares done on the Angel-ghan if you'd like it done by the end of Feb. :yes

Hi, everyone. I've been upstairs with Kim all day working on a quilt for her wrap up in in her chair. This cold weather is the pits. With her chair right by two sliding glass doors it can be really hard to keep her warm and toasty. I got all the middles done for the blocks that make up the pattern and about half the 1" squares for the corner nine patches set up and have completed 3 of 16 blocks. Each one is going faster as I figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't just cut all the pieces and then put them together, because I've changed the size of the quilt and can't seem to figure out how much of what I need, so I'm cutting the 1" strips as I go. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow of the blocks.:photo

Oops, Mary, we made mistake. :blush Denise has made 108 solids. :blush

Thank you! I changed it. :manyheart

:tryme

Just had to stretch my arms a little and give the bat a swing... :rofl

If you're wanting to get this done by the end of February, you should have ... wait... something's not right...

gotta go find the graph of Angel-Baby...,. :yes

I am bat-proof. :lol

Mary, 44 solids for me, please. :hook

On the list, Tracy! :cheer

Hi, everyone. I've been upstairs with Kim all day working on a quilt for her wrap up in in her chair. This cold weather is the pits. With her chair right by two sliding glass doors it can be really hard to keep her warm and toasty. I got all the middles done for the blocks that make up the pattern and about half the 1" squares for the corner nine patches set up and have completed 3 of 16 blocks. Each one is going faster as I figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't just cut all the pieces and then put them together, because I've changed the size of the quilt and can't seem to figure out how much of what I need, so I'm cutting the 1" strips as I go. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow of the blocks.:photo

Can't wait to see it, Linda! I bet Kim is loving watching the quilt being made. :)

TEchnically, you need 17 squares sewn together per day to be done at the end of the month, but we'll round it to 20 and give you time for border and such! :lol

100 squares done on the Angel-ghan if you'd like it done by the end of Feb. :yes

Oops. I only have 95 made and sewn together. But it's not bedtime yet :hook

Been out all day. Did most of the big stuff yesterday with the nephew. Today was more a fun day. Sister and I went to the natural history museum and I had a blast! I love museums :D We were there to do a Flat Stanley photo shoot type thing for another 'Viller (Tammy). My sister, who hates museums was having a blast taking pictures :lol Either way we both had fun...just not from the same thing :lol

Cara, that's great hearing you had such a nice day with your sister! I can see you'll be up for a while:lol

Not me...off to bed soon...

Cara ~ I'm so glad you had a good day. I was thinking about you earlier and was hoping you were okay. :manyheart Fort Worth has wonderful museums and we need to visit them more often.

Time to clean up the kitchen and then off to bed early. See you all tomorrow. :)

I've been busy tonight! The phones were pretty much non-stop for the last 2 hours. Thankfully I was making saltines, not much concentration required. I would say none, but apparently that's not true. I have a few put together that have 4 dc's instead of 3. Oops :blush

Anyway, I have another 21 to add! All the colors are done now.

Wendy ~ Hi! How are you doing on your 100 WIPs? :wink 25 more solids are added.

Teresa, good luck with your job search. :manyheart I hope you'll have some time to crochet soon. :yes

I've decided to join Miss Angel in blocks instead of rows. I did rows for the other cuddle quilts and they can get really long. Mr. Penguin has one more row added. :)

See you all tomorrow.

Yes it certainly feels like I have that many wips. I am doing the Angel first then the squares around.

Mary, 53 solids and 4 bicolours, please. :hook

you go girl :cheer

:tryme

Just had to stretch my arms a little and give the bat a swing... :rofl

If you're wanting to get this done by the end of February, you should have ... wait... something's not right...

gotta go find the graph of Angel-Baby...,. :yes

You just cant help yourself can you.:lol I do enable people to start wips but you enable after them with a bat to make sure they finish them. :rofl

OH is that all, easy peasy. Ok hang on how many have I done so far.hmm let me look at my spreadsheet. Hmm I need another 30 done. No problemo. :lol

Oops. I only have 95 made and sewn together. But it's not bedtime yet :hook

What only 95, you need 5 more or K will be after you with the bat. :lol

Archived