Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

When you're done with that energy send it this way :lol
It must have headed to Waco...it's not here today. ;)

Knee surgery is a week from today . Today is the hospital pre-screening doodad thing... no big deal , they listen to your heart, take your b/p and ask a zillion nosey questions, charge you 185 bucks and send you on your merry way .

Good luck today and especially next Monday. :hug

Good Morning Ladies!

Linda, your blocks are beautiful!

Julie, smooth sailing w/your prescreening.

Mary, I have done 10 squares for my DIC.

Everyone have an amazing day!

Hi Selanda. I've added you to the scorecard. :cheer

Good Morning, Cara!

I know I've missed some posts...could someone please make my phone quit ringing so I can concentrate on you guys? :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey ladies

Havent checked in here in awhile ,so I am behind as usual . I need to try to drop in at least daily, as I get too far behind on posts and lose my place .

Linda- the blocks afghan is absolutely stunning. If that doesn't win a blue ribbon in the fair, I'll eat my YARN basket .

Tab- hang in there and try posting when I do, so we can yak . We need to send up some type of system so we know when we post .

Judy- sorry I just now saw your note -- pm coming your way.

Knee surgery is a week from today . Today is the hospital pre-screening doodad thing... no big deal , they listen to your heart, take your b/p and ask a zillion nosey questions, charge you 185 bucks and send you on your merry way .

Hi Julie-O! :c9

Ummm......I can tell ya 7 a.m. isn't going to be the time to find me. I'm working 7 if I wasn't i'de be sleeping. ;) They just cut my hours back by 10 hrs. & labor is still high so I may get cut again. I will be home on Tues. at 10 & Wed. at 9 a.m. so I will have more time to come chat & hook. I know I sure could use the relaxation. I'm not in here a whole lot either so I have no idea what's going on half of the time. But then again I was always clueless. :D

I hope your knee surgery goes well next week, I will be thinking of you. :manyheart My MIL broke her knee this winter on the ice & had surgery. She was up & hobbling around within a week with no help. Stairs are going to be a no-no so I hope you move the puter downstairs because wasn't yours upstairs? :think Anywhoo, I hope it all goes well. :manyheart:hug

I hope your knee surgery goes well next week, I will be thinking of you. :manyheart My MIL broke her knee this winter on the ice & had surgery. She was up & hobbling around within a week with no help. Stairs are going to be a no-no so I hope you move the puter downstairs because wasn't yours upstairs? :think Anywhoo, I hope it all goes well. :manyheart:hug

OUCH! A broken knee? My goodness I cannot even imagine the pain that went with that :(

Cara~One question about the angel ghan. Do you know how much yarn she'll take?

Ummm, dunno :D I'll do the math and get back to you :D

Oh, oh, oh I forgot to mention I made another scarf yesterday. So that makes 2 scarves & 1 hat in less then a week. :cheer I'm on a roll. :lol

I have to upload the pic. from my camera then i'll share it.

Go Tabby! :cheer Go Tabby! :cheer

Okay here's the math on the angel........

Burgundy - 24 oz

Aran - 29 oz

White - 10 oz

Buff - 2 oz

Brown - 2 oz

Blue - 6 oz

Gold - 1 oz

Black - 1 oz

And I hope I didn't miss anything :lol

And let's not forget that craftsetc.com has RHSS for $1.87 a skein and free shipping over $25. :rofl

You just insist on reminding me about that sale don't you :rofl My sister just wrote and said she's sending me a little something to get yarn with :D Sounds like a gift card or a check to me :D

And the web site is updated and Linda's quilt is front and center :yay Thanks again Linda. :hug I'd love to add some of the others too :yes

Now onto the blog but maybe some lunch first :yes

wow Linda I love those stacking blocks. I've always wanted to do a tumbling blocks quilt. I just love that pattern in a quilt.

Mary I have 30 more solids done.

Still plugging along on my 2 quilts. I sure want to get done with this pinwheel one.

Oh, oh, oh I forgot to mention I made another scarf yesterday. So that makes 2 scarves & 1 hat in less then a week. :cheer I'm on a roll. :lol

That's great, Tabby! I'm so glad you've had some crochet time. :manyheart

Almost done my niece's ATW - I'll post pictures later today!

Mary - 29 more solids to report

Wow! You are one speedy crocheter lately. :hook

And let's not forget that craftsetc.com has RHSS for $1.87 a skein and free shipping over $25. :rofl

You and Wendy are tied for first in the enabling category. :lol

And the web site is updated and Linda's quilt is front and center :yay Thanks again Linda. :hug I'd love to add some of the others too :yes

Now onto the blog but maybe some lunch first :yes

Your site looks fantastic, Cara! I love your addition of crocheting tips, too. :cheer

wow Linda I love those stacking blocks. I've always wanted to do a tumbling blocks quilt. I just love that pattern in a quilt.

Still plugging along on my 2 quilts. I sure want to get done with this pinwheel one.

30 more added! Do you want to join us when we start making Cara's Angel pattern? :devil

Your site looks fantastic, Cara! I love your addition of crocheting tips, too. :cheer

I'm glad you like that! It's something I've wanted to do for some time now. I've collected almost 300 of them in the past 8 months :lol

Hey guys, just stopping in quick. I'm working on the baby rings since my boss lady wants to have a baby shower the first week of February for the Mom to be. Eek! I have two strips completely done (but not sewn together) and 1 and 80% of another to complete the actual rings of. I'm sure I can get it done in time. Even with vacation this week. So, everyone have a good week. I'll see you all next weekend!

Howdy :hi

Goodluck with the knee surgery.

Thank you, ladies for all the nice compliments on the Stacked Cubes ghan. Cara said it will be at the HYH site later today. WOW! Me on her site! WOW! Who'd have thunk it 2 years ago when I was starting in on the Purple Pinwheel ghan of hers?

Today is primarily snowflakes and angels. And maybe some of the saltines for the Painted Desert. It's been on the back burner for so long now, what with all the filet crochet I did for Christmas.

It's warmed up a little here. Not in the teens any longer. Much better. More later.

Congratulations, your graphs are amazing.:clap

Still working on the scrappydo ghan. I just have to sew the last row on and do a easy-peasy sc border around it.

Cant wait to see your scrappydoo.

My February scarf got off to a bad, bad start yesterday. Every idea I had didn't work out :lol That happens a lot though. There's about 20 failures for every success and I'm fully aware of that. Gonna work on it more today :hook

You can do it:cheer

Good Morning Ladies!

Linda, your blocks are beautiful!

Julie, smooth sailing w/your prescreening.

Mary, I have done 10 squares for my DIC.

Everyone have an amazing day!

Howdy :hi great progress on your IC.

Tabby congratulations on the scarves and hat.:clap

Okay here's the math on the angel........

Burgundy - 24 oz

Aran - 29 oz

White - 10 oz

Buff - 2 oz

Brown - 2 oz

Blue - 6 oz

Gold - 1 oz

Black - 1 oz

And I hope I didn't miss anything :lol

Thanks for that, I will need to go buy some Aran as I dont have any.

So have you bought your yarn for the Angel ghan.:D

You can do it :cheer

You and Wendy are tied for first in the enabling category. :lol

30 more added! Do you want to join us when we start making Cara's Angel pattern? :devil

:lol Now who is enabling.

Cara your website looks great. :clap

Thank you :D

My sister told me she's sending me a Walmart gift card for my b-day :woo They have the best price in town on RHSS. That'll all go toward whatever I need for the angel quilt :hook

TA DA!!!

th_HPIM2501.jpg

th_HPIM2495.jpg

The purple ATW for my niece is complete. It goes in the mail tomorrow.

Karen, that is fantastic! I love the purples done that way. Gorgeous!!!!

Karen that is gorgeous i love the way the colors go together.

Linda I just looked at Cara's site again at your tumbling blocks it is gorgeous. do you know off hand how many of each color that you did? If not i can count i think lol

Karen, the purple ATW is beautiful!!! :clap It looks huge, too. That was a lot of work and I'm sure it's going to be appreciated.

Cara, I was just on your site and the blog: great stuff, all of it!:cheer

Thank you :D

My sister told me she's sending me a Walmart gift card for my b-day :woo They have the best price in town on RHSS. That'll all go toward whatever I need for the angel quilt :hook

Yay for gift cards! :cheer

TA DA!!!

th_HPIM2501.jpg

th_HPIM2495.jpg

The purple ATW for my niece is complete. It goes in the mail tomorrow.

It's wonderful, Karen! Beautiful work and colors. :hook

Archived