Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Ok after fighting with the rest of the bicolored grannies I did give up. :( But I say I got a start on the preemie blankets I donate. SOmething good did come out of it. Even designed a preemie hat. So Mary please put me down for total of 50 solids & 12 bi-colors. I forget how you figure out the score.. 2 for the bicolor right? I might just actually put that in my siggy. :lol I would have had this done last night but I felt like I was going to die. I have no idea what I ate but it obviously did not go well.

3145581616_a1f5a73708_m.jpg

It's the second row. Maybe it's just the hook. I hate G hooks. I have no idea why I have a bazillion of them. :irk

Oh Jessica it came out VERY cute! I love the pink and black combo :yes Take a break from bi-colors and try again later. Hopefully, this next year I'll be getting a tutorial on the bi-colors up :yes I did one with photos but I want to do a video one. That will require my sister having enough time to help. BD would make a big production out of it :rolleyes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More GT squares today but I think I might start another contest project too. I'm kind getting bored with the GT :P

Cara ~ It's so exciting that you're entering the contest! How many projects do you think you'll enter?

Jessica ~ I've added your squares. Yes, the bi-colors are 2 points each and I love the preemie hat in the pink and black. :c9

I need to get more yarn for the IC border tomorrow, but I got two more rounds done on the Stitch Sampler this evening. :crocheting Have a good night/day everyone. :manyheart

Cara ~ It's so exciting that you're entering the contest! How many projects do you think you'll enter?

Jessica ~ I've added your squares. Yes, the bi-colors are 2 points each and I love the preemie hat in the pink and black. :c9

I need to get more yarn for the IC border tomorrow, but I got two more rounds done on the Stitch Sampler this evening. :crocheting Have a good night/day everyone. :manyheart

Gonna enter 5 pieces I'm thinking. I just have to get them all done before they 30th :lol

Have fun yarn shopping tomorrow :hug

Jessica the afghan looks really good! And the bi's don't look bad at all!

Mom told me yesterday that she needs another set of hotpads so I'm back to making a set of those. I actually had the night off and went with DBF to the bowling alley but didn't feel like bringing any crocheting along with. Instead I played with my camera (until the batteries died, and apparenly I grabbed a set up un-charged ones to bring with), then I played with DBF's Nintendo DS. Then I played with the baby! She's the best kind, not mine so I can give her back!

Mom told me yesterday that she needs another set of hotpads so I'm back to making a set of those. I actually had the night off and went with DBF to the bowling alley but didn't feel like bringing any crocheting along with. Instead I played with my camera (until the batteries died, and apparenly I grabbed a set up un-charged ones to bring with), then I played with DBF's Nintendo DS. Then I played with the baby! She's the best kind, not mine so I can give her back!

Yep, that's always the best kind :lol

Ok after fighting with the rest of the bicolored grannies I did give up. :( But I say I got a start on the preemie blankets I donate. SOmething good did come out of it. Even designed a preemie hat. So Mary please put me down for total of 50 solids & 12 bi-colors. I forget how you figure out the score.. 2 for the bicolor right? I might just actually put that in my siggy. :lol I would have had this done last night but I felt like I was going to die. I have no idea what I ate but it obviously did not go well.

It's the second row. Maybe it's just the hook. I hate G hooks. I have no idea why I have a bazillion of them. :irk

Oh its gorgeous, you did a great job. :clap Bicolors will get easier as you do more of them.

Gonna enter 5 pieces I'm thinking. I just have to get them all done before they 30th :lol

Have fun yarn shopping tomorrow :hug

5 pieces, how many have you got to go, Im sure you will make it. Easy Peasy.

Mary whats next after the IC. Congrats on getting more done on the stitch sampler.

Yes its nice to cuddle babies that you can then give back. :lol You didnt do any bowling yourself, did you just watch. Does he bowl in a league or did he just do social bowling.

Jessica, it looks lovely! Your did a great job as far as I can see. And they get easier as you do more of them.

I've been very lazy today. I did work on DD's scarf for a while, but that's about it. I'm off to bed now. :yawn

I posted some pictures of my stuff on Ravelry. I posted pictures of my four baby block blankets and I added Mel's baby nine patch pattern link. They sent me an email asking if they could use one of my pictures to feature on Mel's pattern :clap Now they have one of my baby nine-patch blankets made from Mel's pattern listed on the front page of the recently added patterns :clap How cool is that??? More promotion for Happy Yellow House and our attempt to take over the world with saltines :yay

Mary 22 more solids please. I'm off to go sew on more saltines and make some more. I'd like to get my niece's blanket done in the next few days :yes

Yes its nice to cuddle babies that you can then give back. :lol You didnt do any bowling yourself, did you just watch. Does he bowl in a league or did he just do social bowling.

Nope, I didn't bowl. DBF bowls in a league on Sunday nights. Because I work the two jobs, that doesn't fit into my life right now. I have one night a week that's my set night off and it ended up being on Monday's. I kinda like having my Monday night's off, so I'm not going to be changing that anytime soon.

I posted some pictures of my stuff on Ravelry. I posted pictures of my four baby block blankets and I added Mel's baby nine patch pattern link. They sent me an email asking if they could use one of my pictures to feature on Mel's pattern :clap Now they have one of my baby nine-patch blankets made from Mel's pattern listed on the front page of the recently added patterns :clap How cool is that??? More promotion for Happy Yellow House and our attempt to take over the world with saltines :yay

Karen, that's fantastic! Good for you!

Good morning! I slept late again today. It's really nice having a string of days off. Only problem is that I lose track of what day of the week it is. :lol

5 pieces, how many have you got to go, Im sure you will make it. Easy Peasy.

2 1/2 to go :lol I have two ready and one halfway done. I think I should make it by the deadline :yes

Oh! That is just totally COOL!! :clap Congratulations :hug

Karen, that's fantastic! Good for you!

Good morning! I slept late again today. It's really nice having a string of days off. Only problem is that I lose track of what day of the week it is. :lol

Me too :blush BDs been on vacation since last week and I tend to really slack off and do nothing but crochet when he's home :lol

Like I said, I'm slacking off. Monday is usually housework day. Well, I tidied up on Saturday because I just couldn't stand it anymore. Today I should be doing laundry but I won't. It'll still be there tomorrow....trust me :lol

We did get up and take Tuon to the vet this morning. She was a very good girl! The vet was amazed :lol Usually she fights and spits and growls and make a general nuisance of herself. Getting blood drawn just makes her a little cranky :lol But she was very still and cooperative today :cat Vet should call soon to let us know if her glucose levels are good. She didn't lose any weight though. She sure looks thinner to me. I told him she must've gotten taller :devil

Cara, I've just been crocheting today, too. Other than a quick trip to the store for provisions, and washing towels...and that's been it for me today.

Though it served as a reminder and put a knife in my heart I just got some happy news. Our DS's lifelong friend from down the street got engaged over Christmas. He's also an only child but never had the bevy of girlfriends our son went through. We met the fiancee and she's so sweet.

We really don't think our son has his personal priorities straight enough (or is unselfish enough) to get married....:(...oh, well: maybe he saved a young girl some major aggida by being committment phobic.

Mary 22 more solids please. I'm off to go sew on more saltines and make some more. I'd like to get my niece's blanket done in the next few days :yes

Karen thats fantastic. :yay

Nope, I didn't bowl. DBF bowls in a league on Sunday nights. Because I work the two jobs, that doesn't fit into my life right now. I have one night a week that's my set night off and it ended up being on Monday's. I kinda like having my Monday night's off, so I'm not going to be changing that anytime soon.

Oh I did bowling for about 30 years and then finally had enough of it and it was costing me a fortune. Now Im crocheting and thats costing me a fortune, but I love it more.

2 1/2 to go :lol I have two ready and one halfway done. I think I should make it by the deadline :yes

Me too :blush BDs been on vacation since last week and I tend to really slack off and do nothing but crochet when he's home :lol

Like I said, I'm slacking off. Monday is usually housework day. Well, I tidied up on Saturday because I just couldn't stand it anymore. Today I should be doing laundry but I won't. It'll still be there tomorrow....trust me :lol

We did get up and take Tuon to the vet this morning. She was a very good girl! The vet was amazed :lol Usually she fights and spits and growls and make a general nuisance of herself. Getting blood drawn just makes her a little cranky :lol But she was very still and cooperative today :cat Vet should call soon to let us know if her glucose levels are good. She didn't lose any weight though. She sure looks thinner to me. I told him she must've gotten taller :devil

You will get them done no problem. If BD is on holidays then you are too, so just sit back and relax and crochet to your hearts content. Im glad Tuon was good at the vets.

Cara, I've just been crocheting today, too. Other than a quick trip to the store for provisions, and washing towels...and that's been it for me today.

Though it served as a reminder and put a knife in my heart I just got some happy news. Our DS's lifelong friend from down the street got engaged over Christmas. He's also an only child but never had the bevy of girlfriends our son went through. We met the fiancee and she's so sweet.

We really don't think our son has his personal priorities straight enough (or is unselfish enough) to get married....:(...oh, well: maybe he saved a young girl some major aggida by being committment phobic.

Judy that is wonderful that your sons friend as gotten engaged. Dont worry your son will meet the right girl soon.

Oh I did bowling for about 30 years and then finally had enough of it and it was costing me a fortune. Now Im crocheting and thats costing me a fortune, but I love it more.

Nights I get to go with and hang out, I usually bring a project with to work on. People have gotten used to seeing me there with hook and yarn :lol

So glad you had a fun night out. :yes More hotpads? You may hold the record for those this year. :lol

Mary 34 solids for me thanks.

Added. :hook

Exciting news about Ravelry, Karen! 22 more added to the list. :yes

There's no way you won't win something! :cheer

Very cute, great job! :clap

Hi Ladies. Thanks so much for the nice comments and for the border ideas. Later this afternoon, I'm going to have to make a decision. :lol I just used this website for the pattern, and made it the size I wanted.

I book marked this. I love the look. Yes I know I am behind the times. :blush

Oh Jessica it came out VERY cute! I love the pink and black combo :yes Take a break from bi-colors and try again later. Hopefully, this next year I'll be getting a tutorial on the bi-colors up :yes I did one with photos but I want to do a video one. That will require my sister having enough time to help. BD would make a big production out of it :rolleyes

Well tell BD to stop as I would love to see that! :lol I will start again prolly after Feb. Or when I am told if my son needs surgery or not.

What contest? And thanks dear I will keep in mind of my score now.

Thank you! And yes babies you can give back are quite nifty.

Oh its gorgeous, you did a great job. :clap Bicolors will get easier as you do more of them.
Jessica, it looks lovely! Your did a great job as far as I can see. And they get easier as you do more of them.

Thanks & I sure do hope so!

Where are you on ravelry? And that is awesome you get to be one the pattern pages. I just got asked to have my picture on the round ripple tree skirt from here. Whenver I get asked to put my picture up on a pattern page I get all excited. :cheer

Very cute, great job! :clap

Thanks!

I think I asked in teh wrong thread (it was late :yes) but any soltines are ok right? Cuz that blue star afhgan has a bunch just to make 7" squares out of.

My mother would love one of these for Christmas 2009. Will have to get one picked out!

C'mon in :hook

What contest? And thanks dear I will keep in mind of my score now.

Michael's and Lion Brand are having a contest. You can find the info at www.vannachoices.com

Oh and I didn't show y'all the cuddle that will be my first saltine project of the year. Here's a sneak peek. I think this one could come out very cute :yes

Archived