Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Erin - Aww shucks. I was hoping since we hadn't heard anything that maybe Alex had made his grand entrance :( Getting closer though :yes Dunno about Chinese food working for labor though. I craved nothing but with my 2nd son and he was almost a month late :eek Inducing doesn't work if you're not ready though. That I do know. But since you're past your due date, I'd say you're ready :lol We're all still thinking about you and hope it's soon and easy :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on a new ATW in purples for my niece for her upcoming birthday. She likes purple and baby blue - they don't go too well together (in my opinion) so I am using the three shades of purple I had used in my first ATW. I have some saltines made up already from the leftovers I had and now need to get some more yarn and make more saltines. Her ebirthday is in the end of January but it has to be mailed to the Canadian west coast and I am away for almost ten days at the beginning of January. So I best get this puppy cranked out before the New Year...

Time for bed for me. Hubby is heading off to work soon and I am tired. Catch you all tomorrow!

Hi everyone. :) I haven't caught up on posts and will do that in the morning. I hope you have all had a wonderful day. :manyheart I sure am looking forward to some quiet time with my crocheting soon!

See you all tomorrow.

Good morning everyone! I'm a very happy camper today. Mom and Dad got me the books I'd asked for for my birthday (one of which I'd forgotten I'd asked for!). I now have Annie's Attic Six Pointed Star Afghan pattern, the Winter Wonderland patterns which has a church and gingerbread house. Funny thing, I actually bought it recently when it was on sale. But I figured if I ended up getting it as a gift, the one I bought would make a great ROAK :D I also got 50 Sensational Crochet Afhgans & Throws!!!! :cheer! That's the one I forgot I had asked for!

When I opened up my pattern books, I sat and paged through 50 before opening any presents, I was sooo excited. And they are soooo pretty! I can't wait to start on some of them! Mom and Dad also got me a beautiful new watch from their cruise. It's rose gold, has diamonds around the face and in place of some of the numbers, and a beautiful mother of pearl background.

DBF had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a yarn winder. I had told my parents a camera (mine digital is really old and it's time for a new one!). So I thought they bought me a camera on the cruise and things DBF said led me to believe he got me a yarn winder. So when DBF handed me the box I could finally open he said "here's your yarn winder." When I opened it and saw the camera box, my first words were "That's not a yarn winder!" But I love my new camera and now I'll have a nice new camera on our cruise next month!

I posted earlier and it never showed up....must have hit the wrong button! So I'll try again!

I know I've been MIA for too long. Now that the gifts are given and packages opened, I can share with you the grannyghans I gave for Christmas.

The first is my sister opening hers.

2434003510057487835OpSFOY_th.jpg

This one shows the ghan a little better.

2853986650057487835WRkRgr_th.jpg

And this is my niece with her Irish Chain ghan.

2246715600057487835rCNXZy_th.jpg

I also gave 2 RRs, 2 ponchos, 2 shawls, and a bunch of dishcloths. Should I go ahead and share them here, too, even though they are not made with saltines?

(If this does show up as a duplicate....sorry!)

Linda, they're gorgeous! And feel free to share whatever you want! We like seeing pictures of all items :D

Thank you.

Here goes some more then.:D

2305419420057487835mdklgK_th.jpg

2007703680057487835YOlkbD_th.jpg

2267039600057487835lniIon_th.jpg

2164441560057487835CSCrcM_th.jpg

2187345420057487835JFQJRO_th.jpg

2265528920057487835yRKDLK_th.jpg

2458622260057487835rkKter_th.jpg

2716739380057487835MxgHaB_th.jpg

2474120350057487835gllGuL_th.jpg

2844846600057487835qBZvCj_th.jpg

2094840550057487835SWsMht_th.jpg

Hi, Can I still join in on this CAL? I was wanting to make the Penguin cuddle 'ghan..

Welcome! The Penguin is going to be soo cute!

Thank you.

Wow! You've been busy! They all look great! I love how the RR looks on the table.

Good morning everyone! I'm a very happy camper today. Mom and Dad got me the books I'd asked for for my birthday (one of which I'd forgotten I'd asked for!). I now have Annie's Attic Six Pointed Star Afghan pattern, the Winter Wonderland patterns which has a church and gingerbread house. Funny thing, I actually bought it recently when it was on sale. But I figured if I ended up getting it as a gift, the one I bought would make a great ROAK :D I also got 50 Sensational Crochet Afhgans & Throws!!!! :cheer! That's the one I forgot I had asked for!

When I opened up my pattern books, I sat and paged through 50 before opening any presents, I was sooo excited. And they are soooo pretty! I can't wait to start on some of them! Mom and Dad also got me a beautiful new watch from their cruise. It's rose gold, has diamonds around the face and in place of some of the numbers, and a beautiful mother of pearl background.

DBF had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a yarn winder. I had told my parents a camera (mine digital is really old and it's time for a new one!). So I thought they bought me a camera on the cruise and things DBF said led me to believe he got me a yarn winder. So when DBF handed me the box I could finally open he said "here's your yarn winder." When I opened it and saw the camera box, my first words were "That's not a yarn winder!" But I love my new camera and now I'll have a nice new camera on our cruise next month!

Wow! You did really great on Christmas :D I want that 50 Sensational Ghans book too. Think I might just have to buy me that one for my b-day :D

I posted earlier and it never showed up....must have hit the wrong button! So I'll try again!

I know I've been MIA for too long. Now that the gifts are given and packages opened, I can share with you the grannyghans I gave for Christmas.

The first is my sister opening hers.

2434003510057487835OpSFOY_th.jpg

This one shows the ghan a little better.

2853986650057487835WRkRgr_th.jpg

And this is my niece with her Irish Chain ghan.

2246715600057487835rCNXZy_th.jpg

I also gave 2 RRs, 2 ponchos, 2 shawls, and a bunch of dishcloths. Should I go ahead and share them here, too, even though they are not made with saltines?

(If this does show up as a duplicate....sorry!)

Gorgeous! I especially love the IC :drool

Hi, Can I still join in on this CAL? I was wanting to make the Penguin cuddle 'ghan..

Sure! Pull up a chair and hook and join in :hook

Thank you.

Oooh more pictures! :clap You really outdid yourself this year :yes The dishcloths in the crochet basket was a very clever idea! And the RR as a tablecloth is gorgeous! Hmmm, might have to borrow that idea :D Lovely work! :clap

Well, I got giftie #1 for my present cupboard done yesterday and 5 more GT squares for the Vanna's contest. The GT will be today's focus. :hook

Absolutely! Welcome to the group! :welcome Anyone can join in at any time and Cara's patterns are positively addictive.

They are wonderful, Linda. You did a GREAT job on everything! Thanks for showing us all your lovely creations. You've been busy with that hook of yours to get so much made for Christmas. We love to see pictures of everything that is created, not just with saltines.

I just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I was so tired last night I more than slept the clock around, but I feel much better now. I think a run to Michael's is in order today, as I got a gift certificate there for Christmas. And I'll have to see what all is on sale now. John was thrilled with his filet crochet piece and so was his son. I'll find out today how my mom and brothers like theirs. (I've got my fingers crossed there.)

Mary, please add 6 solids and 1 bicolor saltine for me.

I made out like a bandit on books for quilting for Christmas. And the wonderful thing is that lots of the patterns can be easily converted to quiltghans. I'm set with patterns for both quilts and quiltghans for a long time to come. :D

All for now. More later. :devil

Hi Ladies! I have read each and every post and am so impressed with all of the beautiful work. :applause It sounds like Santa was good to lots of us. ;)

Michele, welcome! We love new members and pictures, too!

Linda M. ~ Hi again! Your work is gorgeous. :yay Do you have a total number to add to the saltine smackdown? You're pretty high on the list if I remember correctly. :yes

And Wendy is back making little squares! 38 more added. :hook

Hi Linda T. :D 6 solids and I bi-color are added. Have fun at Michael's.

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone for the last couple of days...just too much going on with my family and MIL right now. We did have a wonderful time with DD and her DH last night - we always do. :manyheart

Hi everyone. :) I haven't caught up on posts and will do that in the morning. I hope you have all had a wonderful day. :manyheart I sure am looking forward to some quiet time with my crocheting soon!

See you all tomorrow.

Mary I made 10 saltines this week so I'm now up to 70 total. I'll be slow moving on them, but I'll make a few at a time.

I made out like a bandit on books for quilting for Christmas. And the wonderful thing is that lots of the patterns can be easily converted to quiltghans. I'm set with patterns for both quilts and quiltghans for a long time to come. :D

Oooh score! :h5 I love getting quilt books. I can look through them for hours!

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone for the last couple of days...just too much going on with my family and MIL right now. We did have a wonderful time with DD and her DH last night - we always do. :manyheart

Oh don't you worry about that one little bit :hug Just know that our thoughts are with you through these trials :hug You can always come here to hide or just blow off steam when you need :manyheart

Mary I made 10 saltines this week so I'm now up to 70 total. I'll be slow moving on them, but I'll make a few at a time.

A total of 70 it is! I hope you're having a great vacation. :)

Oh don't you worry about that one little bit :hug Just know that our thoughts are with you through these trials :hug You can always come here to hide or just blow off steam when you need :manyheart

Thank you, Cara. It's so wonderful to have you all for friends...just reading posts takes my mind off other things. :hug

Linda M. ~ Do you have a total number to add to the saltine smackdown? You're pretty high on the list if I remember correctly. :yes

Mary, what you have on the list is the total...I haven't made any more saltines since I gave you that number. :( Hopefully will get back to them soon; I know I'm close to the 2000 mark.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments on my work. I just realized a while ago that I did not even take a pic of the shawl I made for ME! It is a version of Doris Chan's All Shawl and I love it! I will have to rememdy that lack of picture-taking soon!

This should be up to date as of now. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or if any changes need to be made. :hook

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 1019

Val (Priszm) 819

Wendy (Aussie) ***749

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 671

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***635

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 281

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Mary (Skysmom) *** 197

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 39

Jessica (jessicagil) 23

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

I did what I said I was going to do & here is my progress so far...

3138983238_aecc7fb7c8_m.jpg

It us the Windwalker Lapghan in pink, black, white. It will prolly go to Sissie for her VJGC charity she is doing this year. I am only 1/12 of the way done but this is a good start. My lupus awareness ghan will have to wait until I find the right purple.

So I can join the saltine smackdown (I remember watching wrestling when that term started being used widely) with a total of 13 solids & 5 bi-colors. :cheer

I did what I said I was going to do & here is my progress so far...

3138983238_aecc7fb7c8_m.jpg

It us the Windwalker Lapghan in pink, black, white. It will prolly go to Sissie for her VJGC charity she is doing this year. I am only 1/12 of the way done but this is a good start. My lupus awareness ghan will have to wait until I find the right purple.

So I can join the saltine smackdown (I remember watching wrestling when that term started being used widely) with a total of 13 solids & 5 bi-colors. :cheer

It's going to be so pretty, Jessica! I'll add you to the list right now. :hook

Archived