Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good morning. I'm just now crawling out of bed. My knee acted up last night big time. I took a pain pill at 2:30 because it hurt so much I couldn't stand it any longer. I could barely hobble to the bathroom. :( I've put the heating pad on it off and on throughout the rest of the night and morning and it's better now. :P I'm going to have to baby it for a bit, but I don't have to be on it a lot today, so that's good.

Take care on the roads and in the last minute crowds, those of you who must get out today. :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, relax today!

I already slipped on the ice early this AM...in my slippers on my back patio with the dogs. Let's just say I have to be careful how I sit now. Fortunatey I grabbed a chair out there and broke my fall, so only have a little bruising on the fatty part of my right hand, under my thimb. I need that hand to cook and bake today.

Well, back to the kitchen and the laundry, and the...:P Keeping moving is good for bruises, or so I've heard....

Merry Christmas everyone and Merry Christmas Eve as well. :hug

Just a quick flyby :hi We're headed out for Christmas Eve with BDs side of the family :yay

We should be back this evening. Have a wonderful day my friends :manyheart

Have a great time. :hug

Good morning. I'm just now crawling out of bed. My knee acted up last night big time. I took a pain pill at 2:30 because it hurt so much I couldn't stand it any longer. I could barely hobble to the bathroom. :( I've put the heating pad on it off and on throughout the rest of the night and morning and it's better now. :P I'm going to have to baby it for a bit, but I don't have to be on it a lot today, so that's good.

Take care on the roads and in the last minute crowds, those of you who must get out today. :hug

Oh you poor thing, hope it gets better. :hug

Linda, relax today!

I already slipped on the ice early this AM...in my slippers on my back patio with the dogs. Let's just say I have to be careful how I sit now. Fortunatey I grabbed a chair out there and broke my fall, so only have a little bruising on the fatty part of my right hand, under my thimb. I need that hand to cook and bake today.

Well, back to the kitchen and the laundry, and the...:P Keeping moving is good for bruises, or so I've heard....

Oh Judy hope your thumb gets better.:hug Will you be able to crochet.

Oh Judy hope your thumb gets better.:hug Will you be able to crochet.

I did a lot in the kitchen already and it was okay. I think I was fast enough with applying ice to the bruise that it didn't get as bad as it could have. I just have to watch how I sit:P and I have some strained parts on my arms that just have to heal because of how I tried to catch myself as I fell.

Short answer: I think I can crochet later...if I have enough energy left. I already did the laundry, stripped the bed and washed towels besides...

JUdy, you relax and take it easy also. I don't miss having to cope with ice and snow. The knee is better and so far I'm just taking it easy. Kim's aunt and uncle stopped for a visit this afternoon and to exchange Christmas gifts. They also brought up a bag of Kim's clothes that got left behind in Twin Lakes on our way back from Texas this summer. Kim's slippers were in it and they've been sorely missed.

Linda, I'm glad your knee is a bit better...sometimes once you start moving it a little it helps. Things get so stiffened up overnight:P

Tomorrow will actually be an easier day for me. Dinner is basic and it's just 4 of us, so....

Hi Ladies. :) Dad is doing okay, but they will keep him in the hospital until at least Friday. We're going down to see them for a while tomorrow and then DD and her DH will come over and have supper with us.

It's finally time for a little crocheting. :cheer Actually it's all whipstitching now. :lol

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it. Please be safe and warm and have a wonderful day! :wreath

That's great news, Mary.

:gift:ctreeMERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :wreath:gift

I've finished all my cooking. The knee is better. I took a nap this afternoon and that helped out, too. I just have to finish Kim's shawl and then everything is done. Have a great day! :manyheart

Merry Christmas everyone. :hug

We had a great lunch at Mum and Dad's place. They got me 2 touch lamps and the new Danielle Steele book. Mum absolutely loved her Tablecloth, she just couldnt believe it and was jumping up and down when she opened her present up and saw what it was. I think she is getting used to me making something for her. We cleared the table so we could put it on the table and here is a photo. Its a 10 seater table and as you can see its plenty big enough. Even Dad was surprised at how big it was.

I said to Mum what am I going to make you for next Christmas, you have to let me know as I want to start it in January to give myself more time.

Picture is clickable

th_PC250118.jpg

Also I dont think I showed the Butterfly Afghans I made for the girls so here they are.

th_PC220094.jpg

th_PC210093.jpg

Hi Ladies. :) Dad is doing okay, but they will keep him in the hospital until at least Friday. We're going down to see them for a while tomorrow and then DD and her DH will come over and have supper with us.

It's finally time for a little crocheting. :cheer Actually it's all whipstitching now. :lol

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it. Please be safe and warm and have a wonderful day! :wreath

Oh Mary that is great news. Im glad he will be ok. :hug

I've finished all my cooking. The knee is better. I took a nap this afternoon and that helped out, too. I just have to finish Kim's shawl and then everything is done. Have a great day! :manyheart

Im glad your knee is on the mend. :hug Hope you can get the shawl finished.

I did a lot in the kitchen already and it was okay. I think I was fast enough with applying ice to the bruise that it didn't get as bad as it could have. I just have to watch how I sit:P and I have some strained parts on my arms that just have to heal because of how I tried to catch myself as I fell.

Short answer: I think I can crochet later...if I have enough energy left. I already did the laundry, stripped the bed and washed towels besides...

Judy take it easy today now wont you. :hug

Wendy, it's wonderful as are the butterfly afghans. Great work!

Judy, be careful with your bum sitter. :lol :lol :lol

I finished the shawl for Kim at 4 this morning. I'll take pictures after she opens it. It's pretty. My knee is much better this morning, too. I'll baby it another day or two, but no great harm done.

We have a sunshiny day and it's supposed to be warmer than the last few days. A great Christmas morning. HAVE A LOVELY CHRISTMAS DAY, EVERYONE!!!! :ctree

Merry Christmas everyone!

Wendy, the 'ghans are so cute! Are you going to share the graph with Cara?

I made an H bag for my neighbor as a gift and actually lined it (the FBB was a million times easier to line!) but I don't have a picture of it. I was literally doing the last sc's of the edging and tucking ends while she was here :lol

We'll be heading to my parents this afternoon for presents and dinner. So everyone have a good and safe day!

Ho,ho,ho ladies !

I hope you all have an enjoyable day today with family and friends .To those under the weather, may you feel better soon .To those with job or money problems, may they resolve themselves soon . To all of us(ME included ), be thankful today for what you do have, rather than what you don't . I am more guilty of that than most people .Remember, no matter how bad things are with you, there are others less fortunate .Try to remember them today .

As the new year approaches, it is a time of new beginnings.

May each of us improve some way in the coming year .

Ho,ho,ho ladies !

I hope you all have an enjoyable day today with family and friends .To those under the weather, may you feel better soon .To those with job or money problems, may they resolve themselves soon . To all of us(ME included ), be thankful today for what you do have, rather than what you don't . I am more guilty of that than most people .Remember, no matter how bad things are with you, there are others less fortunate .Try to remember them today .

AMEN Julie!! :hug Well put! I try to be thankful for all the good things in my life and try to remember and help those who are not as fortunate as I am :yes

I came to a coffee shop this morning, and I told them I was sorry for them that they were working, but glad for me that they were working. I feel if they're gonna show up to brew some coffee, the least I can do is come and buy some, right? :lol

But of course! You had to make them feel needed :D

Glad your knee is better :hug 4 am to finish the shawl!?! Great job on finishing :clap

Linda, relax today!

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Good job getting the ice on quickly. Take it easy :hug

I'm so glad Dad is doing alright :hug Everyone will just have to go to him for Christmas :manyheart

Merry Christmas everyone. :hug

We had a great lunch at Mum and Dad's place. They got me 2 touch lamps and the new Danielle Steele book. Mum absolutely loved her Tablecloth, she just couldnt believe it and was jumping up and down when she opened her present up and saw what it was. I think she is getting used to me making something for her. We cleared the table so we could put it on the table and here is a photo. Its a 10 seater table and as you can see its plenty big enough. Even Dad was surprised at how big it was.

I said to Mum what am I going to make you for next Christmas, you have to let me know as I want to start it in January to give myself more time.

Picture is clickable

th_PC250118.jpg

Also I dont think I showed the Butterfly Afghans I made for the girls so here they are.

th_PC220094.jpg

th_PC210093.jpg

Oh wow Wendy! The tablecloth really looks great on the table :clap My sister is like that :lol She didn't even get all hers gifts and she was putting in orders for next year :rofl I love it though! Nothing like having someone who appreciates the work :manyheart

Ho,ho,ho ladies !

Very well said, Julie :hug

Happy Holidays Everyone!! :manyheart

Hi Tabby :hi

Merry Christmas to you all!!

:manyheart

Well we had a very nice time in San Antonio. Too short because we had to come right home for Tuon's feeding and insulin

:( Hopefully next year she'll be off of it. Or at the very least it gives me a year to find someone I feel I can trust to come in to take care of her :yes

Today is pretty much a sit around and recouperate day :lol My sister and her family will stop by briefly sometime today for their gifts but that's it. I need to clean up a bit and wash all my new pots and pans and crock pot that Santa brought me :D

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas. Its boxing day here today and that means its a public holiday and all the shops are shut. I actually made some saltines last night, its been so long.

Wendy, the way you pick projects for your mom, I think you will need to start in January!

Great work, my friend!:hug:clap

Thanks :hug Yes I need to start early next time but I have no clue what to make Mum at the moment.

Wendy, it's wonderful as are the butterfly afghans. Great work!

Judy, be careful with your bum sitter. :lol :lol :lol

I finished the shawl for Kim at 4 this morning. I'll take pictures after she opens it. It's pretty. My knee is much better this morning, too. I'll baby it another day or two, but no great harm done.

We have a sunshiny day and it's supposed to be warmer than the last few days. A great Christmas morning. HAVE A LOVELY CHRISTMAS DAY, EVERYONE!!!! :ctree

Thanks Linda :hug Congrats on finishing the Shawl, Im sure she will love it. Im glad your knee is getting a lot better.

Wendy, the 'ghans are so cute! Are you going to share the graph with Cara?

I made an H bag for my neighbor as a gift and actually lined it (the FBB was a million times easier to line!) but I don't have a picture of it. I was literally doing the last sc's of the edging and tucking ends while she was here :lol

We'll be heading to my parents this afternoon for presents and dinner. So everyone have a good and safe day!

Hi there, thanks :hug No I cant share the graph of the butterflies as that pattern came out of a book called Perfect Patches. Congrats on finishing a H Bag. I made one of them as well and lined it.

Ho,ho,ho ladies !

I totally agree.:yes Have a great day Julie. :hug

Happy Holidays Everyone!! :manyheart

Wendy~Those are all beautiful. I love the girls butterflies, very pretty.

Thanks Tabby. Hope everything is fine at your end and your having a great Christmas. :hug

Oh wow Wendy! The tablecloth really looks great on the table :clap My sister is like that :lol She didn't even get all hers gifts and she was putting in orders for next year :rofl I love it though! Nothing like having someone who appreciates the work :manyheart

Well we had a very nice time in San Antonio. Too short because we had to come right home for Tuon's feeding and insulin

:( Hopefully next year she'll be off of it. Or at the very least it gives me a year to find someone I feel I can trust to come in to take care of her :yes

Today is pretty much a sit around and recouperate day

:lol My sister and her family will stop by briefly sometime today for their gifts but that's it. I need to clean up a bit and wash all my new pots and pans and crock pot that Santa brought me :D

thanks Cara. :hug Im glad you had a great time. Enjoy your new cookware.

:wbrr its pretty chilly here today, but it beats yesterdays rain!! No baby Alex yet either, but its okay. Husband and I stayed home and inside today because Im so tired. We didn't set up any decor or get each other anything because we both just got a GPS and he got his silly blue ray player. My camera is in the near future too. Kindof a stinky Christmas but we don't care. Last year was our "first Christmas together" and he was in Afghanistan so I am very thankful and blessed to have him home. Hes feeling better today, just has the cough from all the settlers in his chest. I was beginning to think him and my dad would be wearing masks around the new baby :( Mom and Dads GEO still has to be bordered and weave in some ends, but they know its not done and aren't the least bit upset. Sounds like inlaws are all going to be headed this way Saturday so I hope our 8am inducing appt doesn't change! Thanks for all your support ladies. Just keep us in your prayers for a safe and healthy(and fast :devil) delivery, every bit helps :manyheart

Erin I was wondering how you were going. At least you and DH are together this Christmas and thats what matters the most. :hug Hope all goes well with the inducing and you dont have to wait too much longer. Once your induced does it take long or do you still have to wait awhile. You are going to have a 2008 baby arent you. Its getting close to the end of the year.

Asian food!!! When I was pregnant qwith my youngest I had Chinese. 3 hours later I was in the hospital getting a shot to stop the contractions as I was only 7 months along. So yes asian food!!

Ive been told that by a few people, but I only like chicken fried rice...so I dunno if that is asian enough to progress things :lol:lol

Erin I was wondering how you were going. At least you and DH are together this Christmas and thats what matters the most. :hug Hope all goes well with the inducing and you dont have to wait too much longer. Once your induced does it take long or do you still have to wait awhile. You are going to have a 2008 baby arent you. Its getting close to the end of the year.

I am prepared for the labor to go into Sunday already, I had to tell the hubby that and explain it because he got confused. However I do know my body usually reacts to drugs fairly well(even if they make me sick) and I have HARDLY so much as taken Tylenol this whole time so we will see. My sister was induced, induced, induced, induced ect ect so I kinda know what to expect :(

Archived