Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

speaking of baking...i gotta make some more sugar cookie dough tomorrow because hubby was sneaking the frozen cut out cookies in the freezer! I mean, geez...I was trying to help myself out by getting them outta the way and he just gobbles them up =p

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speaking of baking...i gotta make some more sugar cookie dough tomorrow because hubby was sneaking the frozen cut out cookies in the freezer! I mean, geez...I was trying to help myself out by getting them outta the way and he just gobbles them up =p

:lol :lol Sounds like most husbands :lol

Oh today was an excellent day :manyheart It was cold enough to wear my new coat and sister and I went Christmas shopping. I had the best time! It's been over 3 months since I got to go out and just shop until I was broke :lol

:lol

Here is my Grecian Tile Tablecloth at two thirds completed and at the moment it measures 78inchX60inch and once completed it will measure 114inchX60inch.

I have just 60 squares left to do. Im hoping to have it completed for Mum for Christmas.

th_PC050006.jpg

Oh today was an excellent day :manyheart It was cold enough to wear my new coat and sister and I went Christmas shopping. I had the best time! It's been over 3 months since I got to go out and just shop until I was broke :lol

Im glad you had such a great day with your sister at the shops. :hug

Here is my Grecian Tile Tablecloth at two thirds completed and at the moment it measures 78inchX60inch and once completed it will measure 114inchX60inch.

I have just 60 squares left to do. Im hoping to have it completed for Mum for Christmas.

th_PC050006.jpg

Looking good Wendy!! :clap

th_PC050006.jpg

:clapOh that is beautiful!! your Mum is going to love it!!:manyheart

I see everyones been busy. I am sorry I haven't been in the thread letting you all try to talk me into starting yet. I braved the black friday masses... got really sick from the sun. Finally found out why I get sick from the sun. The doc told me I have lupus. At least I have proof I am not nuts & full of it. I also decided to do a baby gingham or 9 patch baby. My mom wont use the pink ribbon ghan so there is no point in me making it. Hope you all are having good time with all the holiday preperations.

Wendy, the GT is beautiful so far! You're mom is going to love it!

Jessica, I'm glad you have answers. I know it's tough knowing something's wrong and not knowing what. I hope all goes well for you. :hug

Good Morning. :) Maggie loves to get me up at 5...then she curls up and goes back to sleep, while I'm wide awake. :lol

Dusti, I added the 25 squares you reported yesterday morning. :) That is so neat to have your own private skating rink. I grew up in Iowa and one of our neighbors had a big lot. He would freeze the back of it for all of us to skate on anytime...your story brought back fun memories.

Cara, yay for a great shopping day. :yay

Wendy, your GT is gorgeous! I know your Mom will be thrilled. :yes

Jessica ~ :hug from all of us. We're here if you need us.

Donna, 32 more added. :hook

Wendy, WOW! It's looking awesome!:cheer

Jessica, at least you know:hug

All the squares I made are attached and today I should make more...I love the red and white checked look...

Men! I swear they are just little boys that never grew up in many ways. :lol :lol

sounds like a wonderday, Cara. :D

th_PC050006.jpg

Wendy, WOW!!! Fabulous! :yay :yay :yay

I see everyones been busy. I am sorry I haven't been in the thread letting you all try to talk me into starting yet. I braved the black friday masses... got really sick from the sun. Finally found out why I get sick from the sun. The doc told me I have lupus. At least I have proof I am not nuts & full of it. I also decided to do a baby gingham or 9 patch baby. My mom wont use the pink ribbon ghan so there is no point in me making it. Hope you all are having good time with all the holiday preperations.

Jessica, at least now you've got a diagnosis and know you're not nuts. And it is more treatable now than it used to be. :hug

Your mom won't use the pink ribbon ghan! Oh, poo!!! :angry

I didn't get as much done as I had planned on yesterday. I did find out just how very sharp the rotary quilt cutters are. My first finger was too close to the edge on one of the cuts and I sliced a hunk out of it while cutting the cloth. It's about a half inch long, a quarter inch wide and an eighth of an inch deep. Bled like mad. And throbbed. At least it's on my left hand and not my right. I did manage to get all the squares for the preemie quilts cut out eventually and have 9 strips of 3 squares each put together. That's enough for 3 preemie quilt tops. The finger feels better today, so I should be able to get back at it soon.

I grew up in Iowa and we had a skating rink by the house in the winter, too. We had lots of fun on it. You brought back good memories, Dusti. Hope your kids have as much fun on yours as we did on ours.

It's sunshiny today here. More later.

Wendy, your Grecian Tile Tablecloth is gorgeous! Do you really have time to finish it for Christmas? It looks fabulous, and I know, you can do it :cheer Lucky Mum!

Oh, Erin ~ I kind of chuckled at your frustration towards DH for eating your frozen cookie dough, but I feel bad for you, as well. Sorry you had to do that extra work. Did you make any cookies, yesterday? Be sure to rest!

:hug Jessica! I hope you have a good doctor you trust, and that you can manage your lupus with his/her help. We're here if you need support.

My oldest was just dropped off by DH. They left for school an hour ago, but her tummy did not feel well on the way in to town. I am off to make Pedilyte popsicles and try to keep fluids in her. Talk to you all in a bit. Have a good day!

well at least he didnt eat ALL the cookies, there is enough for us to take with us North......given out lil boy is out by then!! Im gonna make the dough today, yesterday was a lazy day and actually I couldn't even crochet. Apparently my tendinitis has gotten worse the last week, Im thinking its because of the pregnancy, cause its never been this bad, and of course it has to be in my lovely righty =(

Linda - Ow! Ow! Ow! Oh your poor finger :( Hope that it heals really fast :hug

Today and probably the next two weeks solid, will be a crochet day. I woke up this morning and the first thought I had was "Oh no! Today is the 5th! I only have 15 days to finish all this stuff!" :eek Took a while to dawn on me I guess :lol We're having our holiday on the 20th at my out-of-town sister's house. Thank goodness BDs family is just a gift pool :lol

Here is the updated list, ladies. Everyone is welcome to join in - the information is in my signature line. Karen is really close. :hook

Karen (econ-nerd) 1963

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 918

Val (Priszm) 806

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 671

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 627

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Erin (EMedley) 461

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 281

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Mary (Skysmom) *** 160

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 111

Judy (judianne) 101

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Linda, that cut sounds so painful. I hope you're okay. :hug

Cara, you'll make it! I looked at my "need to do" list this a.m. and have made a management decision. :D For once, I'm ignoring it and am going to crochet today. :yes

Dusti, I hope your DD is not getting sick. :manyheart Keep us posted. :)

Erin, my mom used to think she was hiding the cookies in the freezer. We all figured out that they were really good frozen. :lol

Tracy, we miss you. Hope your internet gets hooked up soon. :hook

The finger is definitely better today. I'm keeping it covered more to protect it than because it needs it.

Today and tomorrow are preemie quilt days. I have 4 tops all together, and 4 battings and 4 backs cut. ( I'm being really, really careful with the cutter today.) I have one set pinned together ready for the quilting and finishing stage. So far, no two tops are identical.

Cara, you'll make it! I looked at my "need to do" list this a.m. and have made a management decision. :D For once, I'm ignoring it and am going to crochet today. :yes

Sounds like an excellent decision :hook

The finger is definitely better today. I'm keeping it covered more to protect it than because it needs it.

Today and tomorrow are preemie quilt days. I have 4 tops all together, and 4 battings and 4 backs cut. ( I'm being really, really careful with the cutter today.) I have one set pinned together ready for the quilting and finishing stage. So far, no two tops are identical.

I'm so glad the finger is better today :hug Yes, be very careful with that thing. I wish my knives were half as sharp as my rotary cutter. I use it a lot but it scares the dickens outta me :lol

I'm so glad the finger is better today :hug Yes, be very careful with that thing. I wish my knives were half as sharp as my rotary cutter. I use it a lot but it scares the dickens outta me :lol

Fortunately or unfortunately, my good knives are just as sharp as my rotary cutter. They slice fingers just as easily. :P

My knives are all dull...for a reason. I'm very accident prone because I tend not to pay too much attention to what I'm doing at the moment...instead I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do next! That's how I sliced open my thumb years back - with a razor blade:P That was scary....lots of blood, and I don't do well with that. Especially when its mine:lol

Been watching TV and making saltines...will post a final count for the evening later on.

Archived