Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I forgot to say. I think, THINK, I'm done with Mom's hotpads! Woohoo! Mostly anyway. The snowflake ones are gonna have potpourri packets in between. All I need to do is cut and sew fabric squares for that. That means time to work on the couple of gifts I have planned to crochet. One is a dragon for DBF. If I get to it, there's a cross with roses in thread I'd love to do for Grandpa's girlfriend. There were a couple of hotpads I wanted to do for some people as well, but we'll see on that :lol

http://www.librivox.org

for all of you who like books on tape... I was sent this site from a christmas elf for my christmas wish list... I have been listening to the Life and Adventures of Santa Claus this morning and crocheting... I love it... I don't have to keep the TV on for noise...

I posted this in SKY too but I know some people only go into one or the other..

I think I'd forget to listen. LOL. I do that with music - "Hey! I love this song! I'm gonna sing along" and three minutes later, "hey, what happened to that song?!" :lol

I figured out my random highlighting with Vista! When working from home, we use Avaya and apparently we have a new version. It has the option for desktop integration where it highlights numbers that can be clicked on and dialed. I somehow had that on, so Avaya kept highlighting all these numbers it thought was a phone number.

www.librivox.org

for all of you who like books on tape... I was sent this site from a christmas elf for my christmas wish list... I have been listening to the Life and Adventures of Santa Claus this morning and crocheting... I love it... I don't have to keep the TV on for noise...

Shelly, thanks for this link. Sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. I've been told that I read aloud very well by a lot of people and this sounds like an excellent resource for many people.

Kim's doctor visit went very well. She's starting on antibiotics and prednisone this afternoon. Hopefully that will help her to kick this thing before it get too good a hold on her chest.

Good Morning, ladies. :) I hope you all had a good weekend.

Block 20 (of 25) is joined as of last night. :cheer I'm going to finish the scarf project this week and then get back to the IC. :hook

Have a great morning. :manyheart

Mary your making great progress :cheer

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of Windows Vista so far. I keep getting random things highlighted on all my Internet browsers :think

My DH and I both bought new computers this year with Vista on it and have had no major problems with it. All my old programs work on Vista and the only issue I keep having is my computer wont talk to DH computer where he has an external drive hooked up. My daughter can access that drive through the network but she has xp. I have to say between xp and vista I like vista better.

Good morning. Wendy, since when is 5 an even number?!? And I thought I was the nutty one on here!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Kim and I are off to see her regular doctor in a few minutes. I'm afraid after this weekend she's going to need antibiotics and steroids to get her chest cleared up. Sigh! :(

More later. Happy crocheting everyone. :hug

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice what I said. :lol I guess you had better make that 6 then. So what projects are you going to include. You will have baggies all over the place. :lol :lol

Hope Kim is ok. :hug

Oh, I forgot to say. I think, THINK, I'm done with Mom's hotpads! Woohoo! Mostly anyway. The snowflake ones are gonna have potpourri packets in between. All I need to do is cut and sew fabric squares for that. That means time to work on the couple of gifts I have planned to crochet. One is a dragon for DBF. If I get to it, there's a cross with roses in thread I'd love to do for Grandpa's girlfriend. There were a couple of hotpads I wanted to do for some people as well, but we'll see on that :lol

Congratulations on finishing the hotpads. :clap Pot pourri gifts are a great idea as well.

www.librivox.org

Thanks for the link. :hug

Oh boy... I haven't cleaned out my fridge in a long time. It sorely needs it. My rationalization is that with the controlled temperatures, the bacteria can't get TOO out of control! :lol

That's kind of my theory as well. Only one thing that looked like a science experiment this time around though :lol It's emptied now I just have to scrub it down. How BD gets tea all over the inside of the fridge when it's inside a sealed pitcher I will never understand. It's getting a bit annoying :irk

Shelly, thanks for this link. Sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. I've been told that I read aloud very well by a lot of people and this sounds like an excellent resource for many people.

Kim's doctor visit went very well. She's starting on antibiotics and prednisone this afternoon. Hopefully that will help her to kick this thing before it get too good a hold on her chest.

I'm so glad y'all caught it before it got too bad. Hope she's better real soon :hug

I'm beat and it's only 3:00 :lol Fridge is cleaned out like I said but now needs to be scrubbed. I hate that part the most :( Dining room is clean again. Kitchen isn't too bad. There's just so much dust EVERYWHERE from the a/c installation. Gotta get everything in order for T-day though. But since it's usually clean it'll be easy.

Hoping to get some hook time soon :hook

That's kind of my theory as well. Only one thing that looked like a science experiment this time around though :lol It's emptied now I just have to scrub it down. How BD gets tea all over the inside of the fridge when it's inside a sealed pitcher I will never understand. It's getting a bit annoying :irk

Sounds like a leaky pitcher to me. It sounds like it's dripping down the container as he pours it and then pooling under it when he puts it in the fridge. My coffee pot does that - if you don't pour it at precisely the right speed and angle, it trickles down the pot and all over the counter.

Val ~ Yay for finishing your mom's "order." :cheer You have really been busy with your hook!

Linda, I'm glad Kim is okay. Does she have side effects from the prednisone? The only time I had to use it, I had horrible hallucinations. Is that how you spell that? :lol Will you have a chance to upload pictures this week? It's been forever since we've seen all your work. :hook

The fridge talk reminded me of something I'd blocked out. Several years ago, I went over to MIL's house to water plants, etc. while she was at the coast for the winter. She had turned off the fridge thinking the freezer would stay on. :eek Needless to say, there was a huge mess all over the floor and freezer from thawed meat and it was not fun to clean up. Aren't you glad I remembered that story? :devil

Sounds like a leaky pitcher to me. It sounds like it's dripping down the container as he pours it and then pooling under it when he puts it in the fridge. My coffee pot does that - if you don't pour it at precisely the right speed and angle, it trickles down the pot and all over the counter.

Yeah I thought it might be a leaky pitcher so I bought a new one with a rubber seal a couple of weeks ago but it's still happening. Knowing BD he's just being sloppy. He's gotten much better in the last 13 years but he still has some very messy habits that make me nuts :P

The fridge talk reminded me of something I'd blocked out. Several years ago, I went over to MIL's house to water plants, etc. while she was at the coast for the winter. She had turned off the fridge thinking the freezer would stay on. :eek Needless to say, there was a huge mess all over the floor and freezer from thawed meat and it was not fun to clean up. Aren't you glad I remembered that story? :devil

Oh yuck! I hope you were thanked profusely when she found out :lol That's interesting about the prednisone and hallucinations :yes Hormone therapy does that to me. I was almost put in the mental hospital after my hysterectomy :eek Thank goodness I knew it was the HRT even though both doctors said it was impossible. I stopped taking them and it cleared up in a couple of days. Come to find out it was interferring with my epilepsy meds and that was causing me to pretty much lose my hold on sanity :lol

Okay fridge is cleaned, laundry is done, floors are swept and mopped, stew for tomorrow is cooking, chicken for today is defrosting, trash is emptied and dusting is done :faint I'm tired now :lol

Actually I only have about 45 minutes until I have to start supper. Think I'm gonna work on my rug for a while. Oh and a tip for cutting meat...I bought a heavy duty pair of kitchen shears for that purpose. You can cut up a whole chicken with those babies :lol And I wear disposable plastic gloves. Hmmm, think I might just be turning into a bit of a neat freak :lol

Wow, Cara! You have been on a roll today. :yes

Hi Miss Tracy. :manyheart

That is not the worst MIL story, but I won't get started. :lol A friend told me years ago that I could write a book about inlaw experiences and she was right! :D

DH is out of town til Friday, and tomorrow is our 36th anniversary. Next Tuesday is DD's 34th birthday and then Thanksgiving - always a busy time for us.:) Off to crochet for a while.

HB is a much neater person than I am... :yes I can tolerate all level of messiness, while he is a freak about it. I would LOVe my house to be cleaner, but I just lack the motivation to do it when I know it will look that way again in about 3.2 nanoseconds.

Linda, I'm glad Kim is okay. Does she have side effects from the prednisone? The only time I had to use it, I had horrible hallucinations.

I had hallucinations (yes, you spelled it right) from an antibiotic med I took a while ago. I called the Dr.'s office, and the secretary thought I was so loony she didn't even pass the message on to the doctor. Turns out, the medicine is derived from the Quaalude family. :eek

I am OK cutting and cleaning meat as long as it is COLD. HB needed help butchering a deer and I got all woozy after a bit of working with it. I finally figured out it was the temperature. Now we chill our meat (outside, it's usually cold) before we butcher.

Yeah I thought it might be a leaky pitcher so I bought a new one with a rubber seal a couple of weeks ago but it's still happening. Knowing BD he's just being sloppy. He's gotten much better in the last 13 years but he still has some very messy habits that make me nuts :P

Actually I only have about 45 minutes until I have to start supper. Think I'm gonna work on my rug for a while. Oh and a tip for cutting meat...I bought a heavy duty pair of kitchen shears for that purpose. You can cut up a whole chicken with those babies :lol And I wear disposable plastic gloves. Hmmm, think I might just be turning into a bit of a neat freak :lol

I just use a whole ton of soap when I'm done. TG for the dishwasher.

Mary happy anniversary!!

Krystal, you sound like me! As long as my place isn't a pigsty, I don't mind so much. Although that does mean it takes more time for me to clean :lol. But, considering I work two jobs, it's all good. I'll take a slightly messy house as a trade off any day :D

I don't mind playing with raw meat... my sister who is an RN and delivers Babies can't stand the blood in raw meat... if she's doing the big party thing she always calls me up to cut up the chicken and help with cutting veggies... I used to make all the decorated cakes but my hands don't allow that fine stuff anymore...

Linda, I'm glad Kim is okay. Does she have side effects from the prednisone? The only time I had to use it, I had horrible hallucinations. Is that how you spell that? :lol Will you have a chance to upload pictures this week? It's been forever since we've seen all your work. :hook

Oh, yuck! That refrigerator story is awful!!!!!!

I have to take a bunch more pictures of stuff, but, yes, I should have pictures to post this week. It does seem like forever since I've been able to do that.

Kim's meds are starting to kick in. With the loosening up of the mucus she is coughing more. John was getting a little panicky, but I can tell she's breathing deeper than she has been, which means more gunk is moving around and triggering the coughing. A couple of days should see her feeling much, much better. She will NOT be going to the hunting lodge again this coming weekend even if John does go.

This is one of the filet crochet things I designed and made while in Texas in July. Just something to give you a taste of what I've been doing. :lol :lol :lol

DCP_1460.jpg

Happy Anniversary, Mary and DH :vheart Hope you have a :sun weekend, when he is home. Oh, this does sound like a special time of year for your family. Enjoy all of the celebrations.:hug Your IC is soon going to be finished. Yaaay :clap

Please add 25 solids.

Val -- So glad your transition to Vista was not as bad as you were expecting. We bought a new computer over the summer, and after we had, my brother told me we should have paid to put XP on the new computer :( I still use the old computer, because the new one frustrates me, no end! I only do a few simple things on the computer as it is, but when I cannot get to the sites I need, I give up. DH has tried and tried to fix the problem, but, alas, I am sitting in a corner of the living room typing away, and the new machine sits, gathering dust.

Linda -- looking forward to seeing all of the projects on which you have been diligently working :yes Hope Kim's meds continue to work, and that her congestion is soon cleared up.

Cara -- I have never had a dishwasher, either. Actually, I rather like washing dishes by hand. DH dislikes the feeling of "floaties" in the wash water, so he does not fight me for the job of washing. That's alright, I enjoy having him in the kitchen, drying dishes alongside me in the evening.

To those I missed -- :hi I plan to pop in again this afternoon, so I will catch up with you, then. Have a good day!

Dusti, we also got the brand spankin' new Office 2007 to go along with Vista. I still don't know where the open function is. I gotta say, I'm really really glad I know the basic keyboard shortcuts for Office. Otherwise, I'd probably still be hunting for the dang open icon :lol

Good Morning, all. :)

Thank you for the well wishes, ladies. Usually our anniversary is mixed in with Thanksgiving and DD's birthday. Our trip to the coast last month was our anniversary present to eachother. :yes

Dusti ~ You are so close to the 2000 mark! 25 more added to the list. :hook

Linda, your filet work is gorgeous. :cheer Do you use a really small hook? I quit doing thread work years ago, but would like to try again if I can get away with a little bigger hook. :lol

DD and I are going to meet for lunch, so I'd better get ready. Have a great day. :manyheart

Archived