Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I have finished the Celtic Knot Shawl in black and midnight blue. At least all the crocheting is done. I still have to hide a whole bunch of tails. Not bad for just having bought the yarn late Tuesday afternoon, if I do say so myself. Will get pictures when we get home. One more of driving and we'll be home. I think John is figuring on leaving here around noon, so that would get us home late afternoon or early evening. I'm so stiff and sore this morning, I can barely move. :blush

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D I hate shopping for bras... :P Tough to find a comfy one that doesn't drive me nuts. Sports bras are even worse. By the time they are tough enough to hold thinngs relatively still when exercising they are near impossible to get in or out of :P It's a close second (after my shoes) to go when I get home :D

Back to sewing my saltines together. The light purple round is attached now and I'm onto the medium purple. Hubby and I may go fishing for a bit this evening and then watch some TV. I'll get another picture posted soon :yay

Aaah, so I'm not the only one! :rofl I actually found a sports bra that I like. I bought it at Kohl's (dept store) and I *think* it was made by maidenform... It was cotton/spandex and went on like a regular bra, but shaped like a sports bra... the good part? It was underwire, but the wires are on the OUTSIDE of the bra - sort of like the framework, covered by cotton, is on the outside. It's a great design, very comfortable, and LOTS of support. No uni-boob, either - so I can wear them under regular clothes and not look funny. I should have bought more, I'd wear them every day. No jiggle in my wiggle, either.

Vanity Fair has some decent ones so I picked up one of those and Bali. Both are very comfortable. As for sports bras, I usually head to Sports Authority or Dicks Sporting Goods. Champion's are usually pretty good. They have ones based on level of activity.

Mary - 29 solids for me.

They're added! :)

You could get Open office instead of the whole microsoft package, it's a nice little program and is compatable with microsoft stuff, and free.

I have Internet at home again! (And I have a home again, lol.) So I can see pictures yay!

Aiea, it's great to have you here again...and you must be thrilled to have a home to call your own. :yes

Mary - 30 solids and 3 bicolors thanks.

Oh good...we can change the 0 now. ;)

Hey all

Been reading along, you all crack me up sometimes. BTW, just bought a bra I LOVE at Target.

I completed row five of ducky last night (the head is coming together). I've been alternating between this and Lion's Unsquared Baby Throw which is needed for a Sept. 20 baby shower.

Joyce

Good Morning...moving a little slow this a.m. :lol

Linda T~Yay for being on the last leg of your travels. I hope you can get lots of rest and catch up when you get home. :manyheart

Wendy, RH yarn varies in thickness sooo much. Some colors are almost too thin and others are way too thick, but they still have the best color selection IMO. :yarn

Hi to those I've missed. :hook

Afternoon ladies :flower

Aeia - So glad you're settled into your new place :hug Open Office is something they've started using at DHs workplace. He seems impressed with it :yes

Wendy - You're back to the saltines :cheer You must've gotten a good batch of cornmeal. The last couple of times I've bought it, it seemed awfully thin.

Linda - Safe journey my friend :hug You got lots of crocheting done while gone :clap Sorry about that weather we gave you :lol You'll just have to come back next year when, hopefully, it's cooler :D

Joyce - Great progress on Ducky :cheer

Tracy - Howdy hon :hi

Judy - The WW is really working for me so far. Almost 13 pounds lost in 7 weeks :clap

Mary - Did you overdo it yesterday? Take care of yourself :hug

Well, I was gonna stay up at 7 when I got up with Tuon so I could go to the store early. Wasn't able to really wake up well so I decided to sleep til 10. Fast forward to 12:30 :blush Think I'll wait another couple of hours and hope that the heat has people staying home. HA! Texans get out no matter what. Especially the young insane ones :lol

Well I'm back to working on my Harvest of Friends. I have 4 rows complete. Had to take a break to make some baby blankets. My son is a high school athletic director and it seems all the coaches or their wives are having babies this summer. I have finished 2 regular name afghans. This week I had to come up with any idea for the girl's basketball coach new son. Had to figure out how to make a basketball to put on the afghan. I really think it turned out pretty nice. Back to work on my saltines.

WTG, Cara! :clap:clap

The amount of your weight loss and the time it took to get rid of it are right on target for the WW plan. That's how it STAYS off!

Well I'm back to working on my Harvest of Friends. I have 4 rows complete. Had to take a break to make some baby blankets. My son is a high school athletic director and it seems all the coaches or their wives are having babies this summer. I have finished 2 regular name afghans. This week I had to come up with any idea for the girl's basketball coach new son. Had to figure out how to make a basketball to put on the afghan. I really think it turned out pretty nice. Back to work on my saltines.

These blessed events really get the creative juices flowing, don't they?

Morning everyone

:woo not on 0 anymore. :lol

Cara congratulations on the weightloss. Wish I could get motivated like you. You have done so well. :clap:hug

Linda its great to see you back home again, Im glad you all had a great time. Congratulations on finishing the celtic shawl.

Joyce great progress on the Just Ducky.

Tracy yes its hard not to do saltines isnt it.

Mary are you ok, take care wont you. :hug

Just dropped in to say hi and good night. I haven't been able to get on because my 4 year GN turned the modem off on nephews computer to which I'm linked wireless. Haven't crocheted today. Slept and read a book.

Have a good night.

Morning all. :flower

I had a nightmare! I dreamt my sister came to visit and while I was asleep she started :crocheting the gingham ghan that I am going to make for the Games! :eek

Uh-oh....is this your first :crocheting dream? I had my first one about a year ago....

Morning all. :flower

I had a nightmare! I dreamt my sister came to visit and while I was asleep she started :crocheting the gingham ghan that I am going to make for the Games! :eek

:rofl:rofl Good morning Tracy,

Are U okay? I can imagine the nightmare. I've dreamed like that before and it's terrifying when you first wake up.

Good evening to you Wendy. I'm up and getting ready to go to work. Have to check in at Sky.

Have a good evening.

Good morning ladies. CU all later today!

Morning--or evening--everyone.

Got back from Mama's last night. Went for the weekend and took her shopping Saturday. Then Sunday had family over for dinner. The kids wore us out just watching them play. They have so much energy!! BTW, one will be 6 this fall and the other will be 2 this fall. Mama loved the yellow gingham ghan! I made it for her for her birthday.

With everything else going on, I still managed to do 30 more solids.

Hi, Wendy! I can't wait for the Games, too - I just moved my yarn into another bag...and it will be moved to a bigger bag today, along with one of my bamboo hooks:c9

I'll be ready!

Linda M - it does feel good when our work is appreciated:yes

Hi guys I have designed a cat quilt for my sister, but Iam stuck can anyone help?

Never done a crochet quilt b4, the salatines are working up pretty quick, but my bi squares don't always line up.

The tail has a curve to the left, but the way I designed it on paper isnt working out in yarn.

Anyone done a cat quilt that can give me an idea on how to do the tail another way.

Cheers

Archived