Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Mary - Yep, I got to go yarn shopping too. In fact, I bought Vanna's in Rust as well :D The GT is gonna be Dusty Green though not pink. I already had tons of skeins of the green. Only needed a couple more. The pink would've cost me a bunch more so green it is :lol Can't wait to get these holiday projects finished then I can start on the contest :yay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning ladies. I made a bunch of saltines again last night. That's what happens when we have a lazy tv day. :yes I got 35 solids made yesterday.

I also ran out of lilac. So I'm hoping to get to HL today with a 40% coupon to get some more. I did find a pattern for another one. It's a join as you go but I think I'd rather do it like a regular quilt. http://www.freepatternsdonnascrochetdesigns.com/page258.html I think this one would be perfect for the oldest child.:yes And the bonus is I think I can find most of what I need in my stash. :hook

Wow that is a pretty pattern.:yes

so.. I'm pretty sure I want to do this :lol I probably won't start until after christmas time.. or atleast until after i have my christmas presents done.

I saw the drawing of a lady bug so I got creative and made this

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z219/NikkiBabe224/blanket.jpg

who knows if I can actually do it.. but I will try my best :-D however.. considering I don't know how to make a granny square.. OR connect all those squares this may be difficult. :lol so here are my questions:

I'm going to be using this video to teach me how to make a granny square http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDEoLWcEEvQ so a 'saltine' would be the middle part then the next row? or middle section then two rows?

is there a certain pattern i'm SUPPOSE to be doing or can i make my mom's elephant?

how do i put it all together (i may ask this again simply because i dont plan on starting again and my memory is crap ;))

thanks everyone!

Wow you did a great job with the elephant, cant wait to see you start it.

Mary - Yep, I got to go yarn shopping too. In fact, I bought Vanna's in Rust as well :D The GT is gonna be Dusty Green though not pink. I already had tons of skeins of the green. Only needed a couple more. The pink would've cost me a bunch more so green it is :lol Can't wait to get these holiday projects finished then I can start on the contest :yay

You will have them done in no time. Its always exciting when we have a project that we are dying to start up.

Hi everyone. It turned out to be a busy day, but a good one. I found yarn for the scarves! Vanna's Rust color is almost a perfect match for the U of Texas color. :cheer And it was great to buy it on sale at Michaels. :)

Val, what did you decide about your projects? You can always make little squares in between Christmas gifts. :devil

Cara, I hope you were able to go yarn shopping. :manyheart

I actually did some cleaning this afternoon and then started one of the scarves. We've had wonderful rain most of the evening...we always need it. :yes

I'm still debating. I started a H bag for my neighbor today. I'm thinking I might try and set certain days for stuff. Or times. Like tonight I worked 6-11, so while I woked the entire night on the H bag, I could have sectioned it off and done half the time on that and the other half on my IC. We'll see.

I swear you're shopping with me :lol I bought Dusty Green and the pinks yesterday. I'm still going back and forth on what to do with them though. Part of me likes the idea of an H bag and the other part, I'm totally picturing the pinks on the braided mile a minute joined by the green. Decisions decision.

I do have a finished project to show you guys though. Clicke here for my gorgeously beautiful new purse! I can't tell you how ecstatic I am over the lining. It's just perfect!

Hey Kids, just dropping in to say hi!

Beware starting saltines "out of order". I thought be clever and start a We're All God's Children 'ghan as my carry along... and instead I got carried away. I've gotten absolutely zip zilch nada done on my big projects, and now I'm gonna be done with my girls by the end of the week. I am gonna tweak the pattern a bit and add a row of sashing between each row. This way the girls are still holding hands, but they won't be standing on each other's heads. :) I also liked the buff clor for a skin tone, so I used Caron sky blue for the background. I need to run to Joanns to get the dark blue for the sashing (I think maybe the denim ombre...)

But hey, I cranked out a bucket load of saltines while waiting with my 9yo son for xrays- yup, elbow is broken. Five kids ages 17-6, and this is our first broken bone. Not bad, eh? He is my trooper, my very best patient, and he is doing great. Now I need to get over my saltine addiction since it is his 'ghan that got put on the back burner!

Ever have something get stuck in your head and can't get it out until you get it done? ... I fell asleep thinking about some 12" squares I need to make for a swap I'm in in one of my other groups.. I don't need them done until the end of the month but I kept waking up and nothing would have it but I got up made the 2 - 12" squares and now when I feel like going back to bed I can't as I have to get # 1 GG up at 6:15...

I got the patterns for the squares out of Crochet Pattern Central one is Victorian Dream square and the other is Birthday Flower square.. they were rather easy to do...

Thanks Cara! I even got a brand new wallet to go with it. Well, ok. I really did need a new wallet, but I made sure I got a small one instead of the clutch type. LOL

Great FBB!! I really need to make myself a new purse......

28 solids for me!!!

Only 9 rows to go on the CASA....but this is my last day til next week to work on it....so hopefully I can finish it by the end of next weekend...I'm really getting excited about finishing this....and I am looking for a new pattern for a afghan for my college daugter for x-mas. I am narrowing it down some.

Julie - Sorry about DSs elbow :( Hope he heals real soon :hug

Laura Lee - You are making super progress on that Casa :cheer Can't wait to see it :clap

Dolls again for me today. They're almost done though. If I don't run into trouble should be done by Friday :D

Hi everyone. A mini cool front has come through and it feels wonderful! Guess that's what has gotten me in the mood to clean out the fridge and the one in the garage, too.

Val, I love your purse! Beautiful work. :cheer

Cara, the Dusty Green is lovely...but then I like all the colors of Vanna's yarn. :yes

Laura Lee ~ Yay! You are sooo close to finishing the Casa. Squares are added. :hook

Michele ~ Yep! You are definitely addicted. :D

Hi to those I've missed. I have a dental appt. at 2 and that always makes me a bit nervous. :ohdear Have a great afternoon. :manyheart

I'm running an experiment. When I first took my dog out this morning around 7:40 it was actually cool. I just took her out again and it feels fairly comfortable with a nice breeze. I know the news people this morning said it was supposed to be in the 80's today and we are also experiencing a cooler front. My experiment is having my AC off! Since I live in an apartment, I have one window and one patio door and sadly they don't promote a cross breeze, that's why it's an experiment :lol

Wow! It's been so quiet today. Hope you all are getting lots of crochet time in. :hook

I'm running an experiment. When I first took my dog out this morning around 7:40 it was actually cool. I just took her out again and it feels fairly comfortable with a nice breeze. I know the news people this morning said it was supposed to be in the 80's today and we are also experiencing a cooler front. My experiment is having my AC off! Since I live in an apartment, I have one window and one patio door and sadly they don't promote a cross breeze, that's why it's an experiment :lol

:lol What are the results of your experiment? This had me laughing for a while...which I really needed after the dentist. :yes

I'm almost through with the first UT scarf - just needs the border. :cheer

Wow! It's been so quiet today. Hope you all are getting lots of crochet time in. :hook

:lol What are the results of your experiment? This had me laughing for a while...which I really needed after the dentist. :yes

Yep, getting lots of crochet time today. :hook Doesn't sound like the dentist went well :no Grats on the quick finish on the scarf :clap

Thank you, Miss Cara! I'm keeping the scarves simple...this one is the One Skein pattern from SnB. I need to check with DD to see when she needs these and then make a schedule, because I can't stay away from the little squares for long. :hook

My door and window is still open! Although, I'm still trying to figure out why people need to absolutely blare their car radios! I had one car, it was at least 4 car lengths away from my door and I couldn't hear the caller because his radio was so freakin' loud!

I would like to join if I may please :)

I have all sorts of random colors of simply soft, but I don't really know how many little squares can be made of the skeins I have since I don't really k now how much yarn is left in each one. So I think I'll try the baby nine patch. I've never made an afghan before, kinda stresses me out to post to join ack.. I keep putting it off for a few days now but I've been practicing my granny squares so I think I'm ready

I'll figure out what colors and post them later too

I am noticing that since my days off are over, work is really interfering with my crochet time. I haven't gotten many done since Monday. As of last night I was at 90 solids. Which is bad since I said I was going to finish other project that are for Christmas (the blanket is just for me).. I have really been fighting the urge to buy more yarn for another blanket.(Vanna on sale for $2 at Michaels). :shop

Our weather is changing too. We have been under 60 for a few days now. I just took my daughters shopping for Halloween costumes:devil and they didn't think it was fair that they have to get ones that they can layer clothes under it:wbrr. It is usually very cold, if not snowing. that is what you get for living in Colorado.:2snow

Check in with you tomorrow.

Michele

I have been missing from this cal for a bit. I had to put my saltine project on the back burner for a little while, but finally got to work on it last night and tonight. It has become my bed rest project. I've been down for 2 days now. I haven't hurt this bad since I first went on medical leave, and I hate it. Hopefully when the rain and the front finally make it here and then move out, I will feel better. If not, that means something is bad wrong again and I hope that isn't the case.

Maybe I just needed the bed rest so I could get back to the saltines :lol

44 solids please :D

I would like to join if I may please :)

I have all sorts of random colors of simply soft, but I don't really know how many little squares can be made of the skeins I have since I don't really k now how much yarn is left in each one. So I think I'll try the baby nine patch. I've never made an afghan before, kinda stresses me out to post to join ack.. I keep putting it off for a few days now but I've been practicing my granny squares so I think I'm ready

I'll figure out what colors and post them later too

Sure you can join. Pull up a chair and a hook :hook

I am noticing that since my days off are over, work is really interfering with my crochet time. I haven't gotten many done since Monday. As of last night I was at 90 solids. Which is bad since I said I was going to finish other project that are for Christmas (the blanket is just for me).. I have really been fighting the urge to buy more yarn for another blanket.(Vanna on sale for $2 at Michaels). :shop

Our weather is changing too. We have been under 60 for a few days now. I just took my daughters shopping for Halloween costumes:devil and they didn't think it was fair that they have to get ones that they can layer clothes under it:wbrr. It is usually very cold, if not snowing. that is what you get for living in Colorado.:2snow

Check in with you tomorrow.

Michele

Isn't it annoying how work interferes with crochet time? :lol

I have been missing from this cal for a bit. I had to put my saltine project on the back burner for a little while, but finally got to work on it last night and tonight. It has become my bed rest project. I've been down for 2 days now. I haven't hurt this bad since I first went on medical leave, and I hate it. Hopefully when the rain and the front finally make it here and then move out, I will feel better. If not, that means something is bad wrong again and I hope that isn't the case.

Maybe I just needed the bed rest so I could get back to the saltines :lol

44 solids please :D

Hope you're feeling better real soon Mel :hug

Archived