Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Good Morning/Evening Ladies. :)

Hi Wendy~YES! You must start another little square project. :D My scorekeeping job has slowed down lately. :lol

Donna, 17 added for you. That train is adorable and you're so close to finishing. :cheer

Oh Val, two weeks notice. :eek I don't think I can crochet that fast anymore. :hook

I'm reporting 20 solid squares. :)

I'm doing a round ripple, those usually go pretty quickly for me. I started it using Caron SS and an L hook. But I can't seem to keep finding the colors I choose and since I was using 2 strands together, it was kinda important to have those colors :lol So I switched to Lion Pound of Love and I'm roughly half done. It'll be done in time, since it's a RR. In fact, I think it's your count I'm copying. Gradually decreasing the number of rows for one color while increasing the numbe on the other color.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 solids and 16 bi-colors for me!!!!

The Rebelghan is really coming out fantastic!!:clap

Had a few more comments but seem to have forgotten???:think

Everyone's work is coming along great........make it a good day everyone!!

Yes there is a space, for me it works. I also tend to crochet tightly so that may be a difference.

Hi Kidget,

I tried this last night. I like the fact that it goes faster, BUT, the connections between the saltines seem to be "holey." Meaning, a saltine only touches another saltine at it's corners and middle chain-1 space. Is that how it's supposed to be with the JoinAsYouGo method? Or am I misreading your instructions above?

Alaina

40 solids and 16 bi-colors for me!!!!

Great progress. :hook

Mary 17 solids for me thanks.

I thought I had better do some more on the IC.

Is it time for another picture yet? :D

30 more solids for me.

:hug

They're on the list. :yes

I'm doing a round ripple, those usually go pretty quickly for me. I started it using Caron SS and an L hook. But I can't seem to keep finding the colors I choose and since I was using 2 strands together, it was kinda important to have those colors :lol So I switched to Lion Pound of Love and I'm roughly half done. It'll be done in time, since it's a RR. In fact, I think it's your count I'm copying. Gradually decreasing the number of rows for one color while increasing the numbe on the other color.

Sounds lovely! I think it was Linda T. who made several wonderful blended RRs last year. :crocheting

Sounds lovely! I think it was Linda T. who made several wonderful blended RRs last year. :crocheting

This one isn't blended. It's pink and yellow, I started with 6 rounds of yellow, 2 pink, 5 yellow, 3 pink, etc.

Val - Two weeks to make a baby blanket isn't much notice. Tell mom she needs to plan these things out better :lol I'm sure you'll get it done though :cheer

Chores all done. Caught up on the boards (for now :lol). Time to hook :hook

Val - Two weeks to make a baby blanket isn't much notice. Tell mom she needs to plan these things out better :lol I'm sure you'll get it done though :cheer

Chores all done. Caught up on the boards (for now :lol). Time to hook :hook

No kidding! She works with the dad to be, so it's not like she didn't know they're pregnant. Sheesh, some moms, I tell ya! Of course, I could have told her no, but knowing I have Aggie May's RR pattern AND having done one in a little over a week, I knew it'd be possible. It's just a question now of once it's done getting it to her.

Hi everyone. :) It's been sooo quiet here lately...I expect lots of squares to be reported soon. :D

Val ~ We like pictures of RRs here, too! I've only made one and it was in sport weight for a baby gift. Next time I'll use WW yarn. :lol

Cara, are you working on your IC? Can't wait to see it as a finished bedspread. :hook

I was at Walmart today and they have Vanna's yarn in 7 oz skeins! Color selection was limited, but I think the skeins were $4.97. Not too great, since someone usually has it on sale in the regular skeins for $2.50.

It's time to count squares...should have about enough for two more blocks of the IC. :cheer

Hi everyone. :) It's been sooo quiet here lately...I expect lots of squares to be reported soon. :D

Val ~ We like pictures of RRs here, too! I've only made one and it was in sport weight for a baby gift. Next time I'll use WW yarn. :lol

Cara, are you working on your IC? Can't wait to see it as a finished bedspread. :hook

I was at Walmart today and they have Vanna's yarn in 7 oz skeins! Color selection was limited, but I think the skeins were $4.97. Not too great, since someone usually has it on sale in the regular skeins for $2.50.

It's time to count squares...should have about enough for two more blocks of the IC. :cheer

You mean these? Ok, granted there's more than RR's there :D

Priszm, you have some great projects! The sea snail and Sharebear are so cute. :yes

Thank you! The Sea Snail is actually KristieMN's pattern. I got to test it :clap I eventually plan on doing more bears, it just hasn't happened yet thanks to other projects :lol

rebelghan

At my daughters school, they have a fall fest... i might put it in the silent auction.. see what it would go for? IT wont be due until the friday after next, I can get it done by then... whatcha think?

Cathy

Good Morning, all. :)

Karen, Donna and Heather ~ Your squares are added. :hook

Hi Cathy ~ I think that is a great idea! When DD was in school, the silent auctions were always popular. :yes

After lots of hot, sunny days, we have some clouds. :yay I've been doing a little yard clean-up this a.m., but I think I'll let DH mow tomorrow. :lol

And Val~Thanks so much for sharing your album! Your work is beautiful. :manyheart

:blush Thank you :blush It's amazing how much and how far I've come in a year. Before the 'ville, I pretty much only did afghans, ornaments and one doily. Since actually looking for patterns online my pattern library has exploded and I have sooo many I want to do :hook

Hello, everyone. Just a quick hello today. John is going deer hunting this weekend so Kim and I will be have a gal's weekend. Kim is doing much better. Love you all.

Priszm...very pretty work! And I had the same experience once I joined the ville...the things I've been able to make actually amaze me:lol

Linda....it's good to hear from you! I'm so happy to hear that Kim is getting better. It makes your days easier, too, I'm sure.

Any news on the home internet problem?

Archived