Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Good Morning, everyone. :) It's another beautiful day here...but 90 is too hot for the end of September. :yes

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my IC. :manyheart

Karen ~ 30 solids added! What colors are you using?

Suzanne ~ Yay for finishing all of your squares. :hook 30 bi-colors added.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I wanted to find out what IC stands for, so I went to the Happy Yellow House site to hunt it down. Maybe it's too early and I'm not not seeing it, but could it not be posted there just yet? :think

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think IC stands for the Irish Chain quilt pattern?

Mary Love the colors you've got going in yours!

I did 17 solids and 12 Bi-color squares yesterday on the pinwheel quilt. I'm going to put it down for the weekend then try to get more done next week. My hand is killing me from the sewing. :lol

Hello! I wanted to find out what IC stands for, so I went to the Happy Yellow House site to hunt it down. Maybe it's too early and I'm not not seeing it, but could it not be posted there just yet? :think

http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html

This is what we're using as a "template", so to speak.

...not that I've even started one yet:lol

OK, talking about bad gym things....

I've been going to the gym regularly, usually *with* HB, but he's out of town this week. Yesterday, I'm getting off the elliptical machines, walking across to where the free weights are, when I hear this amazingly loud moan a la "Debbie Does Dallas"... :eek

And then a few seconds later, ANOTHER.... "aaaaaah"

and another....

and another...

I look over, there is this peppy twenty-something using the pull-down machine and EVERY time she exerts herself, it sounds like she's "gettin' it on".... The ENTIRE gym stops what they're doing and had to see what was going on... this girl sounds exactly like she's working herself up to the ultimate .... with every single repetition of every exercise she does through her whole routine... thank GOODNESS for mp3 players, or I woulda been laughing so darned hard I wouldn't have been able to finish my workout.

I said to one of the "trainers" where I was... "I wish MY workout was that much fun!" ;)

We have a guy who likes to do the treadmill and cross trainer. I'll be riding the bike and suddenly he'll let out this big "whoo!". Very strange.

Mary, your IC is beautiful!

:woo It's Finished! Here's my Penguin Cuddle Quilt for my oldest daughter Mary

th_Penguin_Cuddle_Quilt.jpg

Ooh I'm so excited! Mary asked for some changes along the way, so I added a pink tummy and bow tie, and used scrap pinks for the borders. I actually ran out of the light pink, so I added in some more white. She loves it! :woo

Technically, I still have to add her name somehow since it's going to school with her, but that's not a big deal. Thanks to all of you, I have finished a project! :c9 Before I start on another one, I'm going to finish something I started and put down. I don't know what yet, but I'm going to go look now.

Mary, will you change my saltine total to 266? Thank you!

On blankets that my girls had to take to school I wrote their names in permanent marker on a piece of material and basted it to the back of the blanket that way it could be remove and the blanket passed to another child when they outgrew it.. either that or I embroidered it on after the blanket was done...

Ooh I'm so excited! Mary asked for some changes along the way, so I added a pink tummy and bow tie, and used scrap pinks for the borders. I actually ran out of the light pink, so I added in some more white. She loves it! :woo

Technically, I still have to add her name somehow since it's going to school with her, but that's not a big deal. Thanks to all of you, I have finished a project! :c9 Before I start on another one, I'm going to finish something I started and put down. I don't know what yet, but I'm going to go look now.

Oh my goodness!! I love the special touches you and Mary added! It definitely gives a great femine air to it. Excellent job :clap

http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html

This is what we're using as a "template", so to speak.

...not that I've even started one yet:lol

Thanks, Judy! Now I know the name and where to find it if I want to make one in the future! ;)

Leighanne, I'm making the same pattern and I LOVE your changes!! I'm giving my PCQ blue eyes to match our granddaughter's! She's really into trying to figure out how people look the same and different right now, and both she and her younger sister have blue eyes, just like their Mama! :yes

well here goes nothing, i joined the cal and was doing the love letters quilt...

it was coming out great! i had about 350 "saltines" done :cheer

...i went into my closet to take out the bag to take pics, work on it a bit and post an update on here

and this is what i found... someone threw it out! :angry

not just the saltines i had finished but the yarn and the hook too! what monsters i live with!

i hope everyone is moving along nicely with their projects! :(

oh that is just awful, how dare they. Was your project in your room or a hall closet, I would be hiding everything under your bed or somewhere where they cant get hold of it. Sorry you have had to restart it. :hug I would start with a different pattern and it will be a whole new start and new project.:yes

That is just gorgeous. I love it. :clap

Hmmm...the Penguin cuddle is one I haven't made and it's sooo tempting. :lol

Well, I'm not usually superstitious but if "everything happens in threes" we've had ours. ;) My treadmill died today. :( I'll definitely have it repaired - it's only 3 years old and I use it a lot. A new water heater a few months ago, the new washer and now this. DH and I checked all the wires and parts we could (thanks to the internet), but I'll be calling for service on Monday.

I made a few more squares this afternoon watching Texas beat Arkansas. :cheerDH will be gone a lot the next two weeks, so should be able to make lots of progress. :hook

What are saltines? Are these granny squares? Why are they calling them saltines? How many rows is a saltine? I have seen the first row of grannys called daughters but not saltines?? Just curious......answer is probably in this message but with 1929 pages I didn't have time to read them all... TIA

What are saltines? Are these granny squares? Why are they calling them saltines? How many rows is a saltine? I have seen the first row of grannys called daughters but not saltines?? Just curious......answer is probably in this message but with 1929 pages I didn't have time to read them all... TIA

Vonnie, saltines are the squares we make for the quilt ghans, and they are the first two rounds of the basic granny square. They are called saltines because they are about the size of saltine crackers, depending on what size hook you use. Then there are crackers, which I believe are the first three rounds of a granny square.

Which quilt ghan will you start with? I am making the Penguin Quilt Ghan for my eldest granddaughter, whose name is Violet and who just turned three in August! :yay

I love this and want to make one but don't know who for :hook

Hmmm...the Penguin cuddle is one I haven't made and it's sooo tempting. :lol

Well, I'm not usually superstitious but if "everything happens in threes" we've had ours. ;) My treadmill died today. :( I'll definitely have it repaired - it's only 3 years old and I use it a lot. A new water heater a few months ago, the new washer and now this. DH and I checked all the wires and parts we could (thanks to the internet), but I'll be calling for service on Monday.

I made a few more squares this afternoon watching Texas beat Arkansas. :cheerDH will be gone a lot the next two weeks, so should be able to make lots of progress. :hook

Mary sorry to hear about the treadmill. I just lost my washer but, thankfully, I live in an apartment and they replaced

Joyce

Wow! Wow! Wow! My first "real" day here and I've already been inspired. I'm not a big fan of granny squares (in particular the piecing)... but I must say... I might just be born-again! :manyheart

C'mon in and pull up a seat :hook

Hi, Marianjela!:hook

Glad you can join us...

I love your user name, BTW: a new neighbor across the street has the same name...you can't forget it!

Thanks for the welcome, I completed 50 squares last night, I changed my mind at the last minute and will make the Pinwheel Afghan first (in country blue, lace and burgundy). I wanted to get all the blue and burgundy made for the first block, but after 50, my hands were getting a little sore. I havent crocheted since last winter. Gotta get my crocheting muscles up to speed :lol

Judianne, my real name is Marian, it is an "heirloom" name passed down through the generations. My username is my Italian name, my grandfather was straight from Italy and called me by it all the time. It sure sounded sweet coming from his lips! Thanks BTW.

Hi everyone. It's so quiet here today. :think Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend.

Marian, those colors will be lovely together! :crocheting

I have a few errands to run and then it's crochet time this afternoon. :hook

I've put my daughter's name on the afghan so now it's officially finished! :clap

th_Penguin_close_up.jpg <--click

Mary Charlotte is on the right and her younger sister, Lydia, is peeking from the back. I crocheted a long chain and tacked it onto the front of the afghan, this is how my aunt used to name our blankets that she made, so I'm following tradition, though I'm sure a sc through the afghan would've worked just as well.

I've put my daughter's name on the afghan so now it's officially finished! :clap

th_Penguin_close_up.jpg <--click

Mary Charlotte is on the right and her younger sister, Lydia, is peeking from the back. I crocheted a long chain and tacked it onto the front of the afghan, this is how my aunt used to name our blankets that she made, so I'm following tradition, though I'm sure a sc through the afghan would've worked just as well.

Her name came out great! :clap I've used the "tack on a chain" method several times and think it works great. And such beautiful little girls you have :manyheart

Up early (for me anyway) today since I have to start getting up early again in the morning. This week I have to find an electrician. An electrician is the one thing I thought I'd have no trouble with. An old friend of my Daddy's is a great electrician. But he's out of town on some job til heaven only knows when :sigh So I have three coming next week. Two tomorrow and one on Wednesday if I decide I still need him. I'll be glad when this is all over :lol

Gonna relax with my hook today. Spent most of yesterday playing a computer game. But today most of the day will be devoted to my hook :hook

Hi Vonnie :hi I'm so excited to see the designer of one of the most clever patterns ever stop by :hug So are you gonna come join us? We work off a basic idea using the patterns here. We have lots of fun :hook

Archived