Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Carol Ventura the guru of tapestry crochet, IMO) has a yahoo group for tapestry crochet.

Basically, tapestry crochet is very much like some of the graph ghans I've made (with names, etc, worked in them) but tapestry is usually worked in the round. It does NOT drop the unused color to the back of the piece, but works over it all the time, to make sturdy bags, etc.

http://iweb.tntech.edu/cventura/basket.html

This is a free pattern and the page has more information.

Judy that looks really interesting to do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suzanne yes saltines are definitely addictive.:yes

Tracy and Cara your making zoo animals now. Are they ghans or toys.

I have done 3 Grecian Tile squares tonight. Today I worked on the butterfly squares. Tomorrow it will be more on the IC ghan I think.

I got caught up in another project and only did 10 solid saltines....

Daughter is coming home from college, we normally watch more TV while she is here so I will be plugging away at the saltines.

Hugs...

I'm getting closer to finishing my ATW. I did up another corner last night and now have only two corners to go. I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend.

Off to work I go now...

Excellent! :woo

:woo

Karen!!

I just finished attaching all the saltines for my ATW!

Got a case of finishitus going on! :clap

Good morning! I don't have time to go back and read the posts from the last few days, but I wanted to give you guys an update on my PCQ making! I have made and sewn together 6 out of 19 rows - so 31% done! I have been hiding the ends as I go, which will make it a PLEASURE to put the edging around when that time comes! :yes

Thanks to some of you who suggested it (sorry, I didn't write down your names), I am going to make the elephantghan with baby yarn if I can find the gray color for the elephant part (I haven't looked yet). But, that will be awhile because I am going to work on the Just Ducky Quilt Ghan after I'm doing with Violet's Penguin Quilt Ghan! ;)

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! These squares are addictive, and now so is piecing the rows together (at least for me)! Today I work on UFOs and charity squares and will put aside my PCQ, but I'm sure I'll be back working on it the beginning of next week! :yay

You're doing great! :cheer

Suzanne yes saltines are definitely addictive.:yes

Tracy and Cara your making zoo animals now. Are they ghans or toys.

I have done 3 Grecian Tile squares tonight. Today I worked on the butterfly squares. Tomorrow it will be more on the IC ghan I think.

Not making the zoo animals yet. I've got a list to finish first :lol They're toys made from granny squares :yes

I got some pictures loaded. I posted them over at SKY too.

This is the cabin ghan half done.

th_PTChalf-1.jpg

The BIC.

th_BIC9-12.jpg

The last block of the AGC.

th_AGChalflastblock.jpg

Oh wow! Now I wish I had gone the other way with my IC. I did mine opposite. More light less dark.

Been running errands all morning. Took Tuon for her monthly vet visit. Her sugar is very well regulated but she's too fat. Not even full grown yet and she weighs just over 10 pounds :blush She'll be joining me on WW :lol But he wants her back in two months this time and he's thinking her diabetes is "transient" and that we might be able to take her off the insulin :clap That would be great :c9

We went to WalMart and it's was insane! Everyone is acting like it's the end of the world. Truly, I only expect nasty t-storms. Don't think they'll be pleasant at all but not as bad as everyone acting. We always have an emergency preparedness kit anyway so we should be just fine :yes

I gotta go check Sky real quick (yeah, right. that'll take an hour :lol) and then I'm gonna crochet all day long :clap

Hi everyone. I've just caught up on reading posts and you all sound so busy and happy. I won't even try to comment on everything for now...

To all of you reporting squares - Thanks so much for saving your totals for me. :manyheart We'll be home tomorrow (we hope - depending on how the hurricane affects air travel), so please feel free to give your square totals anytime! We've had a great time, but I'm so ready to be home...I miss Maggie and Zoe and spending more time with you all. :yes

Oooh, sounds like Wendy is Spinning the WIPs of Fortune wheel! :lol

Yep:lol Im trying to get a few things done. My wip list is getting longer and longer.

I got some pictures loaded. I posted them over at SKY too.

This is the cabin ghan half done.

th_PTChalf-1.jpg

The BIC.

th_BIC9-12.jpg

The last block of the AGC.

th_AGChalflastblock.jpg

Donna your projects look fantastic. :clap

Not making the zoo animals yet. I've got a list to finish first :lol They're toys made from granny squares :yes

Been running errands all morning. Took Tuon for her monthly vet visit. Her sugar is very well regulated but she's too fat. Not even full grown yet and she weighs just over 10 pounds :blush She'll be joining me on WW :lol But he wants her back in two months this time and he's thinking her diabetes is "transient" and that we might be able to take her off the insulin :clap That would be great :c9

We went to WalMart and it's was insane! Everyone is acting like it's the end of the world. Truly, I only expect nasty t-storms. Don't think they'll be pleasant at all but not as bad as everyone acting. We always have an emergency preparedness kit anyway so we should be just fine :yes

Cara toys made out of granny squares sounds interesting. Im glad Tuon is going really well now. My cat Coco weighs nearly 6 kilos, we call him fatty fin. :lol He loves his food, must take after me.:lol

Yes when people know shops are going to be shut for a while or a big storm is coming they do tend to shop like crazy dont they.

Hi everyone. I've just caught up on reading posts and you all sound so busy and happy. I won't even try to comment on everything for now...

To all of you reporting squares - Thanks so much for saving your totals for me. :manyheart We'll be home tomorrow (we hope - depending on how the hurricane affects air travel), so please feel free to give your square totals anytime! We've had a great time, but I'm so ready to be home...I miss Maggie and Zoe and spending more time with you all. :yes

Mary Im glad you had a great time, hope you can get home safely. Take care. :hug

Mary, hope you don't have any problems with travelling home. :hug

I started the BIC tonight. :woo Did change the colour scheme a bit, I like the new way. :hook

Cant wait to see your progress on your BIC, what colors are you using.

Cara toys made out of granny squares sounds interesting. Im glad Tuon is going really well now. My cat Coco weighs nearly 6 kilos, we call him fatty fin. :lol He loves his food, must take after me.:lol

:lol Tried to tell the vet that she was just finding what I was losing. He didn't think I was funny :lol :lol

Morning all,

I hope everyone in Ike's path is faring well. Mary, hope you make it home safely.

For International Crochet Day I was able to make 72 saltines :hook so Mary that makes my total for the week 138 solids.:hook:clap

:lol Tried to tell the vet that she was just finding what I was losing. He didn't think I was funny :lol :lol

:lol:lol

Didn't touch any saltines yesterday. I did get 5 squares for my H bag finished though. Today I'm going to try and finish the AGC.

Archived