Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay Judy's making little squares again! If the 50 were made before the contest started, I guess we shouldn't include them. :think

Oh, they were made a long time ago:lol

No problem...I'm making more now so I can use up these old ones...

Good Morning, all. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.

Donna~6 solid squares added. :hook

Wow, Wendy! Great progress with 56 more squares. Are they for the Double IC?:cheer

We've been working in the yard all morning. Now it's time for lunch and a trip to the store. :)

Ladies you can have all the cold and wind and now rain if you like. Its freezing outside. Im in the study with the heater going, have the 2 cats sitting in here with me and Im crocheting up a storm:lol

Sounds like the perfect day to me :c9

Judy and Donna morning to you both.

Mary 56 solids for me thanks.

56 solid?!? You really were crocheting up a storm :lol

Good Morning, all. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.

Donna~6 solid squares added. :hook

Wow, Wendy! Great progress with 56 more squares. Are they for the Double IC?:cheer

We've been working in the yard all morning. Now it's time for lunch and a trip to the store. :)

Gotta have lunch and a HL run myself. Ran out of yarn for my IC already. First I have to wake up BD :lol

Everyone's been quiet today! I guess because you're all busy crocheting :D I haven't done any yet. Instead, DBF and I went to Joann's and picked out the fabric for my new headboard. I have serious committment issues these days. Because my bedskirt is maroon/burgendy, and my comforter (which I'm not using right now anyway) has some pinks, gold, cream and green in it, I was set to do gold, cream and red for my headboard.

So we go to Joann's, and there was a brocade I really liked. But it won't work with a red, because of the mauve in it. So I bypassed it, picked up a couple of reds and golds. But I still wasn't set on what exactly I wanted. I ended up with a chocolate brown satin type with the brocade. Which actually fits my other mind change. Remember the purples I said I was going to use for my IC? Last night I started contemplating it with two shades of brown and cream. :lol Like I said, committment issues :D Now, I need to figure out what to do with the purples. Maybe a sweater...

Priszm, I'm very much like you - I see something pretty and change my mind and the scene is repeated at least twice before I leave the store:lol

I just finished sewing my 3rd row on, and I must say it looks good......except....for.....I sewed it to row 2 BACKWARDS. I switched it around and didn't realize it :bang. At least I was holding the rows right sides together and the row isn't wrong side out :whew

I am not going to take it apart, so I will just drop back, punt and change the pattern. It won't be quite what I was intending to do, but it is close.

I just finished sewing my 3rd row on, and I must say it looks good......except....for.....I sewed it to row 2 BACKWARDS. I switched it around and didn't realize it :bang. At least I was holding the rows right sides together and the row isn't wrong side out :whew

I am not going to take it apart, so I will just drop back, punt and change the pattern. It won't be quite what I was intending to do, but it is close.

:blush

I have had to do the same kind of thing before. I just pretend it was supposed to be that way! Bet it will turn out great.

Debra

LOL! Gotta love flexibility!

Yep a pattern change is sometimes easier :lol

Everyone's been quiet today! I guess because you're all busy crocheting :D I haven't done any yet. Instead, DBF and I went to Joann's and picked out the fabric for my new headboard. I have serious committment issues these days. Because my bedskirt is maroon/burgendy, and my comforter (which I'm not using right now anyway) has some pinks, gold, cream and green in it, I was set to do gold, cream and red for my headboard.

So we go to Joann's, and there was a brocade I really liked. But it won't work with a red, because of the mauve in it. So I bypassed it, picked up a couple of reds and golds. But I still wasn't set on what exactly I wanted. I ended up with a chocolate brown satin type with the brocade. Which actually fits my other mind change. Remember the purples I said I was going to use for my IC? Last night I started contemplating it with two shades of brown and cream. :lol Like I said, committment issues :D Now, I need to figure out what to do with the purples. Maybe a sweater...

I hear ya. Took me forever to figure out how I wanted our house done. Picked one and I'm just about done. Then I got the new issue of Traditional Home magazine and there's a layout to die for :drool If I didn't think it'd result in a divorce I'd change again :rofl

Took a trip to JoAnns where they are having a big Labor Day sale. Had a 40% off coupon and another 10% of total purchase coupon that can both be used together. They had all their notions 50% off (plus 10% more off that with the coupon). I bought all the notions I've been wanting. Three different bodkins, needles out the wahzoo and a gauge ruler. Also got more flowers on clearance and some Christmas cotton yarn and a mess of buttons. All for $28.88 :eek:yay

Also, went to HL. They were packed! Looked like WalMart in there. Got more of the Cranberry ILTY but they didn't have the Ivory I needed in stock :irk So I'm hoping next Thursday when they get their truck there'll be more :sigh Guess I'll either work on my rug, make a mess of Cranberry squares or start something else. Probably a mix of all three :lol

I hear ya. Took me forever to figure out how I wanted our house done. Picked one and I'm just about done. Then I got the new issue of Traditional Home magazine and there's a layout to die for :drool If I didn't think it'd result in a divorce I'd change again :rofl

Took a trip to JoAnns where they are having a big Labor Day sale. Had a 40% off coupon and another 10% of total purchase coupon that can both be used together. They had all their notions 50% off (plus 10% more off that with the coupon). I bought all the notions I've been wanting. Three different bodkins, needles out the wahzoo and a gauge ruler. Also got more flowers on clearance and some Christmas cotton yarn and a mess of buttons. All for $28.88 :eek:yay

Also, went to HL. They were packed! Looked like WalMart in there. Got more of the Cranberry ILTY but they didn't have the Ivory I needed in stock :irk So I'm hoping next Thursday when they get their truck there'll be more :sigh Guess I'll either work on my rug, make a mess of Cranberry squares or start something else. Probably a mix of all three :lol

DBF has been amazingly patient regarding this. See, I'm waiting on DBF to buy a house. Then I'll become the roommate. Which means, my bed will probably be a guest bed and we'll get a king sized bed. So I don't want to spend a fortune on a headboard that may not be a long term plan. So this works out well. Since it's just fabric, it'll be easy enough to change out in the future. :D

Now, I just need to figure out which shades of brown to do my IC in :thinkIt's a good thing I'm not making it for awhile.

Morning everyone

I had a sleep in this morning, its another cold and wet day out there. I want to do some gardening but not if it doesnt clear up.

Mary howdy, yes the 56 squares is the start of my IC ghan. I have the squares sewn in rows just have to sew the rows then I will put up a pic.

Priszm thats why I take so long at Spotlight and no one will come with me, because I take so long in deciding what I want.

Mel sorry you have sewn the squares wrong but Im sure it will all work out. :hug

Morning everyone

Priszm thats why I take so long at Spotlight and no one will come with me, because I take so long in deciding what I want.

Actually he was a big help. I told him if he hadn't been there, I'd have asked strangers in the store for opinions, which I've done before :lol He wasn't surprised :rolleyes

hehe It wouldnt be the first time for me either that I have asked someone for their opinion. I hate it when I buy a lot of yarn and the lady at the counter says wow your going to do a lot of knitting arent you and I say no Im doing crocheting.

Nearly have all the rows sewn for the IC of what I have done so far. Going to try and do some gardening now for a bit and finish it later.

Hi everyone. :) For anyone lurking and making quilt ghans, we'd love to have you join the "Saltine Smackdown." It's all in fun, and totally voluntary. Just let us know if you'd like to be added to the list. :hook

As always, please let me know if you find mistakes. :yes

Updated Friday, August 29, 2008

Mary (Skysmom) 1585

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1467

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1173

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1130

Dusti (rii698) 890

Karen (econ-nerd) 790

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Shay (Shaylen) 630

Wendy (Aussie) *** 494

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Cathy (crashcat07) 470

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Heather (hseger) 345

Donna (sewnsew) 184

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa).....Our Honorary CSM (Chief Saltine Maker) :D

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Well gee, I didn't know I was on the list :blush I only come in here occasionally. i'll have to get you an update, cuz I have way more squares than that!!

Mornin' all,

I just wanted to report that I made another trek to HL yesterday and they had a lot more colors of ILTY than I had seen before. I saw several shades of oranges other than the really bright one, some golds, some pinks, a peach, a very dark brown, more blues. So they seem to be adding colors all the time. :clap

I came away with 15 more skeins of it for another saltine ghan for down the road a bit, and a thing of the La Espiga 18 nylon. I have been eyeing this for a while and always put it back. It looks like it would be rough on your hands. But I decided to give it a try on a tote bag. The colors in it are so bright and vivid and looks like it will hold up well. We'll see....

I'm almost finished the red, white, and blue ghan....on round 2 of the border/edging. they sure do get heavy and warm when you are holding the whole thing!

Hello again everyone! I am back from my visit with family in Manitoba. I had a wonderful time and am tired :P I decided to take my saltine materials and made up 220 blue squares while I was gone. I should have taken more yarn as I had a bit more time to crochet more. Oh well. Now all the blue is done for the border of my ATW and I have less than 100 more squares to make (plus lots to join). I am getting clsoer to finished.

I took a picture of how much I have done with me and showed my Mom (who quilts) and sister (who crochets) and they both loved it. Mom also showed it to another friend who quilts and crochets and Mom though we could see her imagination going and plans developing for making her own :D

I will probably never catch up on posts here but will continue from here. Did I miss anything earth-shattering??

Cara, I plan to go to HL tomorrow. If they have the Ivory, I will be happy to send it to you...how many skeins do you need? :hook

Well gee, I didn't know I was on the list :blush I only come in here occasionally. i'll have to get you an update, cuz I have way more squares than that!!

Yay for more squares. :cheer

Hello again everyone! I am back from my visit with family in Manitoba. I had a wonderful time and am tired :P I decided to take my saltine materials and made up 220 blue squares while I was gone.

220 solid squares added. :)

I got 28 saltines made yesterday.

I finally got my pictures loaded so here they are.

My cabin ghan

ptc08-30.jpg

And my BIC

BIC08-30.jpg

Beautiful work, Donna! I've added 28 solid squares. :yes

Archived