Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Howdy everyone,

Well friday morning we have 3ton of base rubble being delivered. its the base that you put under your pavers but we are going to use it for pathways as we want to make a garden area and need somewhere to walk. Lunchtime Im having lunch with the other lady in my area that got made redundant, looking forward to that. Then Saturday and Sunday is free to garden and crochet.

Now I noticed that Donna is making a Baby Irish Chain - BIC and Krystal is making a STIC so if Im making a Double Irish Chain would that mean Im making a DIC. Hmm that could get interesting in conversation couldnt it. :rofl

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is fabulous! I have been watching that thread for some time, though I have not joined it. You did a tremendous job with that pattern. Your color choices are perfect! Congratulations!:clap

Howdy everyone,

Well friday morning we have 3ton of base rubble being delivered. its the base that you put under your pavers but we are going to use it for pathways as we want to make a garden area and need somewhere to walk. Lunchtime Im having lunch with the other lady in my area that got made redundant, looking forward to that. Then Saturday and Sunday is free to garden and crochet.

Now I noticed that Donna is making a Baby Irish Chain - BIC and Krystal is making a STIC so if Im making a Double Irish Chain would that mean Im making a DIC. Hmm that could get interesting in conversation couldnt it. :rofl

:rofl

Oh you're terrible! I'm trying to pretend I didn't get an e-coupon for free shipping from Annie's Attic today. Shame on you :lol

:laughroll

Howdy everyone,

Oh you're terrible! I'm trying to pretend I didn't get an e-coupon for free shipping from Annie's Attic today. Shame on you :lol

How did you get a coupon for free shipping?? I have ordered many times from Annie's Attic and never have gotten a coupon. I think their shipping costs are very high and so I wait until I have a big order to make. I am so jealous!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Now, I would say that perhaps BIC and STIC should be as they sound, but IC and DIC should be more like ICE and DICE....

How did you get a coupon for free shipping?? I have ordered many times from Annie's Attic and never have gotten a coupon. I think their shipping costs are very high and so I wait until I have a big order to make. I am so jealous!

I'm not entirely sure! It came in my email today I think because I ordered the catalog.

Question for everyone. Even though I can't work on my DICG yet, I'm still thinking about colors. And I'm thinking a nice silvery gray would go very well with the purple and the purple ombre. Problem is, I don't see that color available in Vanna's Choice. So, looking for suggestions of other brands that have similar feel and weight. Any ideas?

Howdy everyone,

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Sunny - Your Casa looks great :clap And Ryu is just the cutest thing :manyheart

I'm not entirely sure! It came in my email today I think because I ordered the catalog.

Question for everyone. Even though I can't work on my DICG yet, I'm still thinking about colors. And I'm thinking a nice silvery gray would go very well with the purple and the purple ombre. Problem is, I don't see that color available in Vanna's Choice. So, looking for suggestions of other brands that have similar feel and weight. Any ideas?

I'm totally jealous of that coupon :lol

Have you checked the ILTY over at the Hobby Lobby? It might come in a gray and it's nice and soft like Vanna's :yes

I'm totally jealous of that coupon :lol

Have you checked the ILTY over at the Hobby Lobby? It might come in a gray and it's nice and soft like Vanna's :yes

I don't have a Hobby Lobby by me :( And I just checked the website, no Silver Gray :(

I don't have a Hobby Lobby by me :( And I just checked the website, no Silver Gray :(

Oops. For some reason I had it in my head that Renee had asked this :blush Was gonna say "but there's about 6 HLs in Austin" :blush

Sorry about that :hug Think I need to go back to bed :lol

Oops. For some reason I had it in my head that Renee had asked this :blush Was gonna say "but there's about 6 HLs in Austin" :blush

Sorry about that :hug Think I need to go back to bed :lol

Hehe, and I am intimately acquainted with all of them!

ILTY does have a nice light gray...I have some of it. I think the website only shows what they have in stock and there are a LOT more colors than shown on the website.

Caron Simply soft? I know lots of folks don't like it for the quilts, but I can just picture their gray and it sounds like what you're looking for. Or, Bernat SuperValue

My local Meijer carries a great selection of Bernat SuperValue.

Joyce

Hey guys - I have always been looking at this CAL and those beautiful Quilt-ghans and thought how hard that must be - well this morning I am online looking for something new and interesting to try and opened this CAL to read it through - clicked on the link and looked at all those Quilt-ghans and this it was like AHHA!!! ----Now I get how it's done - tiny little granny squares and they are stichted together! LOL DUH! Now I wanna try one - am gonna probably try the Country Check Crochet Quilt because it looks a bit easier for my first one.

Now I'm no pro at putting pieces together - and I read the Handy dandy way of joining them and have to admit I didn't understand it. But looking at how it says to join them together on the website I would just take the color I want to join them together (which would match which ever square I'm doing) and go through the BLO and weave my needle and yarn in and out CORRECT? Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly.

I know it's VERY late to wanna join this CAL, but I am - I have a few days off this week and weekend and am gonna start this one today!!! I wanna get good at it fast - I saw somethings on the site that I know people in my family would love........I think I have fallen in love with this!!!

Thanks in advance,

AnnieLPN

Also I wanted to add, the reason I also picked the Quilt-ghan to try is because it stated how many total squares of each color I needed to make - the other ones don't say that and was wondering how would I figure this out? Like how would you figure out many squares to make?

Hi Annie and welcome to a great CAL. If you look at the graphs Cara provides, you can typically add up how many across and down. For example, I just did the windwalker lapghan and it is four squares made from 64 saltines (grannies). You then multiply th 64x4 and come up with 256 total. I dont' worry about how many all together I'll need as that gets overwhelming. Just take it one section at a time and you'll be surprised how quickly it goes.

HTH

Joyce

Also I wanted to add, the reason I also picked the Quilt-ghan to try is because it stated how many total squares of each color I needed to make - the other ones don't say that and was wondering how would I figure this out? Like how would you figure out many squares to make?

I think I understand what you mean. We will see won't we LOL. I'm gonna get started on this soon - I'm excited that I finally understand it - there are so many I wanna make now LOL. I need to slow down and do one first lol. Thanks!

Cara - I was just reading a pattern, and it has you joining with the BLO, which I like. However, I always did it by putting my two right sides togehter and getting the outside loops. THIS other pattern however has you putting the two WRONG sides together and whipstitching through the two INSIDE loops... It seems a whole lot easier to me to do it that way - which do you do? Maybe I've just always made it more difficult than it needed to be! :lol

Hey guys - I have always been looking at this CAL and those beautiful Quilt-ghans and thought how hard that must be - well this morning I am online looking for something new and interesting to try and opened this CAL to read it through - clicked on the link and looked at all those Quilt-ghans and this it was like AHHA!!! ----Now I get how it's done - tiny little granny squares and they are stichted together! LOL DUH! Now I wanna try one - am gonna probably try the Country Check Crochet Quilt because it looks a bit easier for my first one.

Now I'm no pro at putting pieces together - and I read the Handy dandy way of joining them and have to admit I didn't understand it. But looking at how it says to join them together on the website I would just take the color I want to join them together (which would match which ever square I'm doing) and go through the BLO and weave my needle and yarn in and out CORRECT? Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly.

I know it's VERY late to wanna join this CAL, but I am - I have a few days off this week and weekend and am gonna start this one today!!! I wanna get good at it fast - I saw somethings on the site that I know people in my family would love........I think I have fallen in love with this!!!

Thanks in advance,

AnnieLPN

Hi Annie :hi Welcome to the group! It's not late. We're just getting started good :rofl

Cara - I was just reading a pattern, and it has you joining with the BLO, which I like. However, I always did it by putting my two right sides togehter and getting the outside loops. THIS other pattern however has you putting the two WRONG sides together and whipstitching through the two INSIDE loops... It seems a whole lot easier to me to do it that way - which do you do? Maybe I've just always made it more difficult than it needed to be! :lol

Hmmm :scrachin I never thought of doing it that way. That probably would be easier. I'm gonna try that :hook

Of course, :yes :yes what is a yarn shopping trip without some "just in case". :devil

Well yeah of course you do :lol

Archived