Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy,

I would like a copy of the pattern also.

I can't attach it to the email link here...send me a PM with your full email addy and I'll attach it for you.

It was one year ago today

That our fearless leader, Julie Kay

Must have exclaimed to her spouse

"Sam! I'll start a new CAL and call it Every Happy House..."

Happy Birthday to us! :cake Thank you to Julie and Cara for bringing us all together. :manyheart

( Miss Julie - Your poems are SO much better! :blush )

I finally finished my patches lapghan :yay It is way smaller than the original pattern though :D .

th_crochet344.jpg

I'm about done now with my Diaper pin quilt lapghan too then the only quilt I'll work on for awhile will be the Village pinwheel quilt that I've let sit by the wayside for way to long :lol

Love that sun quilt!! I'll have to catch up in here I've been so behind in everything but the sky CAL

Evening Ladies and thanks for the comments and well wishes!!

Im feeling alittle better but still light headed so didnt get much done again today*sigh*

Ines

Welcome back...im glad your trip was good!!

Heather

Love the colors you used....they are my favorite.

Mary

I loved your little poem and happy birthday to us!!

K:-23 solid done today...I no what you mean about them always trying to dope us up and i try not to take any meds if i can help it.

When i do my squares i don't turn at all so both my rows are the right side....after the first row i join then SS the first 3 stitches to the chain space then ch 3 and start over again....thats how i was taught years ago and still do it...did that make since :eek my head is spinning.Ive always thought it looked best that way.

Just encase someone wanted the pattern for the Sun here is the link...its a free pattern!!

http://shopping.originpublishing.com/chart.asp?id=600&category=5

Going to lay down again now....

Shay - thanks for the tip on the granny squares. When I use Cara's pattern I end up sl stitching to the corner after the second row, so I end up at the corner. Then, like Wendy (love stealing borrowing ideas from everyone:D) I leave a long tail for joining them. I may have to play with it and see which I like better...

...and I'm adding that chart to my ever-growing collection!! Thanks...

Feel better:hug

Judy a tip so that you can finish the square at the corner is when you do the second row only do 3dcs then go round the row and when you come back do the other 3dcs and then ch1 or 2 whichever you do and slipstitch to finish. This means that your tail will already be at the corner.

Shay thanks for the link to the pattern, just goes to show that little cross stitches make great saltine patterns. I love it. Hope your feeling a bit better today.

Valerie great start with your saltines. Well done.

Heather just love your patches quilt.

I didnt do any squares today. I was busy with Beckys block quilt, got another one done today and did 2 rows on my zebra round ripple.

Shay thanks for the link.

I am starting the God's Children quilt. I think I have the face and hair colors picked out. Not sure if I like the idea of cornmeal as a face. It just seems too yellow. But Cara used cornmeal and her picture looks good. So hopefully it will all come together nicely.

Wendy, thanks for the tip - I can be so anal about following the original directions in a pattern it's ridiculous! TG for all of you here:hug:manyheart

Hi Everyone, :waving, I'm finally getting back to normal. Mom is doing fine, she's back in her apartment and things are rolling along okay. I've missed this place. I've never met nicer people than I have here.

Actually I have actually been spending a lot of time :crocheting. What a concept. :rolleyes I am finishing up a shrug, and umpteen WIP's. I did finish an ATW lapghan and will get a pic up for you all.

I'm still thrilled that people are actually working on one of my patterns. I'm afraid that's more than I can say for myself. :embar My main goal for this year is to finish up a bunch if WIP's and particularly the Kitty afghan I started many moons ago.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Oh now that's a good idea about ending up at the corner :yes I learn so much from y'all :D

Heather - Your patches lapghan is great!! :clap Yes, you need to make sure to come talk to us in here :D It can be overwhelming somedays with all the CALs though can't it? :lol

Well, I'm down to my last 27 itty bitty squares to finishing all 6 blocks of the LL! :yay Was considering adding extra squares around it but I dunno now :think I think it's going to end up a rather large size already. I'll see after I join all the squares together and lay it out. Off to check other posts then back to it :hook

Hi, Leslie - I guess your ears were burning at all the activity around your ATW ghan! Nice to see you here again:hug

Julie, stay warm and snuggly - keep on hookin'!

Hi all,

Wendy - Thanks, I didn't go to bed but stay up until 5:30a and made 24 more saltines while watching a movie with my nephew who is visiting from Alabama. Those little squares are addicting.:hook

Julie - I hope you feel better soon! :hug

Shay - Thanks for the Sun picture

Donna - I printed out All of God's Children too.

Good Morning everyone! Wow, it's been busy in here...and it sounds like lots of little squares are being made. :crocheting

I just finished our taxes - :yay Time for some dishes and laundry and crochet time this afternoon. :hook

Archived