Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Are you sure Julie? I know you already started the Becky one. I feel bad & yes that is possible for all of you smarty pants. :P And ya I knew you know I love ya & wa just kidding with ya. Oh, and as for score.....who says i'm not keeping count? :devil:lol

Okay, ladies I have a question before I go digging for gold tomorrow. Do you all think the butter will be a better color then the what is it? :think Uh-........lemme think a minute sCo_hmmthink.gif

Umm, I'm lost (nothing new there). Better color for what? :blush

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shay which one are you going to do, the Desert Star? Love the new resolution by the way. That will be easy to stick to.

Windy i am going to do the Desert Star but not till im done with my wave and i have all the yarn in my hands....i remember when i was doing my Cassa i ran out of Buff and when i got done you could see the different in the old and the new....i was so upset about that,so i will not start till i buy all the yarn at once and it will be next week before i can get to town.Just enough time to get my wave done :yes

Julie sounds good to me. I will do the Spinning Wheels and I have the babette going as well as the zebra ripple which is 3 quarters done.

Tabby I guess it depends on what other colors your going to use. By the way where do you get those icons from, they are so cute and big and I would like to use them too.

Julie and Tabby what colors are you using for the Spinning Wheels.

Also is there anyone else making this pattern.

Tab- yep, I'd go with the gold, cornmeal, butter -- something along those lines would be pretty .

Ill be doing mine in shades of greens and browns (????) . Will let you know the colors once I decide what goes where .

I may try to make a run to the big city to see what they have to offer before making a final decision. There's a winter storm warning today here and it doesnt look like they have touched our road, so not sure how the others are .

We shall see .

I am SOOOOO very tempted to try this. I fall in love with each quilt ghan i see on here. i am just afraid i will have trouble finishing it, motifs are not one of my strong points as i don't like sewing them all together. How many are using the joining method on post 18, and how well does it work? Thanks in advance! :)

Smiley when I made the Casablanca I used that method and it was quick and easy to do but then when I made the Amish Baskets I used the whipstitching method and I have to say that I prefer the whipstitching way the best. Of course its up to you as to how you want to put them together. As you make these you will find your own comfortable way of sewing or crocheting them together. Hope I havent put you off because making one of Cara's quilt ghans is very rewarding and you will love the end result.

I'm gonna give it a go!!! :D Now the next hard thing to decide is which beautiful one to do!! Misa i LOVE your website and go there often to just drool lol. I think i am leaning towards the county fair one, but gosh i can't decide lol

Aww thanks :hug I have an awful lot of fun with it! :manyheart

Well, actually I personally work in 9's. I start in the lower left hand corner of a block and work in a grid of 3x3. That way once I've gone across once I have 3 rows done. Hmmm, did that make sense? :think

Umm, I'm lost (nothing new there). Better color for what? :blush

Umm....i'm lost on why you're lost. :heehee

Tabby I guess it depends on what other colors your going to use. By the way where do you get those icons from, they are so cute and big and I would like to use them too.

Julie and Tabby what colors are you using for the Spinning Wheels.

Also is there anyone else making this pattern.

I am going with orchid, pale plum, dusty teal & then it was a toss up between the butter or the lt. raspberry.

I get my smileys from photobucket. I just type what I want & PRESTO! 15_3_391.gif

Have any ideas for your colors yet? :yarn

Tab- yep, I'd go with the gold, cornmeal, butter -- something along those lines would be pretty .

Ill be doing mine in shades of greens and browns (????) . Will let you know the colors once I decide what goes where .

I may try to make a run to the big city to see what they have to offer before making a final decision. There's a winter storm warning today here and it doesnt look like they have touched our road, so not sure how the others are .

We shall see .

Have fun in the big city when you can get there. Our weather has been cruddy. It has been snowing & just plain cold. The kiddos did have school though, thank gawd. And the weather is suppose to get into the high 40 & low 50's next week. YEE-HAW! :lol

I can' wait to see what you pick & how it comes together. :cheer

Morning, everyone.

Welcome to the group, Smiley! :welcome All Cara's patterns are wonderful and she's inspired some of the rest of us to come up with patterns, too. They are so much fun.

I'm going to have to work on something else now, as I finished my 3SURR last night. Just have to hide the tails and it's ready to go. (And take a picture, of course.) I need to work on LotL, but my hands are really stiff so far this morning. It was cold last night (in the 20s) and is supposed to stay that way for another day or two. :wbrr Brrrr! I know that's not that bad for you gals up north, but for Georgia, that's COLD!!!!!

HiYa Smiley-whats your real first name ?

Welcome to the gang -- I think you'll do fine in here. I was never a big fan of all those little pieces that need put together either, but once you start one, you get used to it quickly .

Let us know which one you narrow it down to and what colors you chose .

The handy-dandy joining goes really fast, but there are drawbacks to it-- it does leave a ridge on the back side of the afghan and also the stitches show more than with whipstitching.

The sewing them together is slower, but no ridges on back and an almost invisible stitch ,so it's up to you which way you do it .

We all kinda get into our own routine of how to join, how many squares to join at a time, etc..

Once you work on one awhile, you'll make up your own groove probably .

Hi Everyone, thanks for the big welcome! :)

My real name is Melissa. I believe i have finally decided on the roundabout (unless i get to the store and go with the county fair, i have both materials wrote down) lol...decisions decisions. I will use the orginal colors: Burgundy, light sage and buff.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the big welcome! :)

My real name is Melissa. I believe i have finally decided on the roundabout (unless i get to the store and go with the county fair, i have both materials wrote down) lol...decisions decisions. I will use the orginal colors: Burgundy, light sage and buff.

Welcome, Melissa! I hope you'll love the quilt ghans. :crocheting Cara keeps us on track :wink...and we have lots of fun.

Archived