I won!

We had our Stitch n' Pitch last night that our LYS set up with the Daytona Cubs minor league team. There was an all you can eat BBQ and the LYS owner had a raffle. I was the first winner (and had to keep Jana/walker1021 from stealing it from me!). I got a monkey drawstring bag, 2 pins, 5 stitch markers and 6 balls of cotton/bamboo yarn! There were 4 bags of goodies she gave away.

post-28075-135897524429_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK yet. I'm thinking a bag...or squares...

Congrats- And inquiring minds want to know what will be made with the bamboo yarn! :lol

You'll be happy to know the Tampa Yankees beat the Cubs. :lol

IDK yet. I'm thinking a bag...or squares...

You'll be happy to know the Tampa Yankees beat the Cubs. :lol

Not a baseball person, but everyone knows the Clearwater Thrashers are better than the Tampa Yankees any day.:rofl

Congratulations!! How very cool. We have a minor league team in town, but last I knew, nobody had organized a Stitch n Pitch event. Maybe next year I'll be in a position to help get one started! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

Congratulations!! How very cool. We have a minor league team in town, but last I knew, nobody had organized a Stitch n Pitch event. Maybe next year I'll be in a position to help get one started! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

that would be cool Amy!! i've actually been to a stars game

that would be cool Amy!! i've actually been to a stars game

In that case, then, I'm commandeering you to help me get one planned next year! We can work with Yarn Expressions and maybe some of the other LYSs in the north/north-central Alabama area.

Thanks everyone!

It was fun. DH was laughing cause he was sitting at the end of an aisle and looked down to see hooks and needles flying! He said I bet that's never been seen at a baseball game before! :lol

What fun! And congrats on the great win!

There were no horrible beer-spillin', hot-dog-droppin', mustard-splotches-flying accidents on all that yarn, were there? That is most definitely what I'd do, drop a big old glob of mustard on my WIP. :lol

Patty

Thanks! No, we ate first. The only one near me drinking was dh and he knew to be careful or I'd toss him outta the stands! :rofl

What luck. Sounds like a great event. So glad you won that cute bag with that colorful yarn. Congrats!!!

Thanks! The bag and all the goodies would have cost more than our tickets to the game did.

Archived