Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Ooooh, I love those little birds, Tabby - I'm forever looking at the finches and other birds at the pet store. And I thought parakeets were the nasty ones!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooooh, I love those little birds, Tabby - I'm forever looking at the finches and other birds at the pet store. And I thought parakeets were the nasty ones!

That's what I thought too. But, from what the pet shop said, they can all get nasty if it comes to mating or hormones. Being a woman I should've known it had to do with PMS. :lol

Well, the WIPs are all now in MY closet.... I'll see if I can't remember them all:

1. Pink ticker tape shawl for DD8. (might frog)

2. Fuscia inherited fans afghan (might frog if I can't get more of yarn)

3. Shells scrappy baby afghan

4. Rose diagonal squares afghan

5. Blue star afghan

6. Spring Splendor afghan

7. Peaches & Cream Afghan

8. Rainbows & Sunshine Afghan

9. Autumn scrap afghan

10. Viceroy Shawl / Tablecloth

11. Secret Project

12. Daisy Afghans - perpetual

49 squares per 7oz skein sounds nicely conservative. A completed, join-as-you-go, ends-woven 9patch (for the Blue Star) is .9oz, so allowing for ends and weaving 7sq/oz sounds fine. I had a funny hunch you guys, especially Cara, might know!

Tabby~This is to cheer you up (I hope :) ) and it's a true story. :eek I had a parakeet named Charlie for 10 years. When I was away at college, my mother decided he wasn't as perky as usual, so she started putting a little bourbon in his water dish. :yes So...don't know if he was sick or died from being an alcoholic. :lol My mom has never even touched a beer, but is still a bit eccentric. :D

Tabby~This is to cheer you up (I hope :) ) and it's a true story. :eek I had a parakeet named Charlie for 10 years. When I was away at college, my mother decided he wasn't as perky as usual, so she started putting a little bourbon in his water dish. :yes So...don't know if he was sick or died from being an alcoholic. :lol My mom has never even touched a beer, but is still a bit eccentric. :D

:lol :lol I'm laughing with you, I swear. That is too funny. What ever made her even think that would be a good idea? Although it seems bourbon was the choice that alot of the older generation used for everything. Once an older ady told me to put it on the twins gums when they were infants for teething, that it would numb it. I don't hink it would numb it, I just think they'de be too drunk to feel the pain. :lol :lol I never did do that. :no

:lol :lol I'm laughing with you, I swear. That is too funny. What ever made her even think that would be a good idea? Although it seems bourbon was the choice that alot of the older generation used for everything. Once an older ady told me to put it on the twins gums when they were infants for teething, that it would numb it. I don't hink it would numb it, I just think they'de be too drunk to feel the pain. :lol :lol I never did do that. :no

:lol :lol :lol I was told that about the baby's gums too. :noNever did it either. I couldn't bring myself to give them any alcohol.

Krystal, too funny :rofl

The non-perky parakeet

went to his death

with a chirp in his beak

and bourbon on his breath...

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh that's just wrong :rofl :rofl

Tabby I truly am sorry about your birdie :hug Laughter through tears and all :blush

Yep, the older folks always used whiskey. My Grandmother kept us liquored up all through the teething stage. Also, colic? Rub a little whiskey on their tongue. Can't sleep, whiskey on the tongue. No wonder I can't stand alcohol I think it's medicine :lol

What do you think is in the medications like Orajel?

Alcohol and a little bit of lidocaine.

People have allergic reactions to lidocaine. Not so with alcohol. It actually works, and you're not GIVING your baby alcohol, you're rubbing it on their gums.

Tabby so sorry to hear about your bird.:hug

Krystal wow you have a lot of wips. Where do you start.

I have finished my 7th block of the Amish. Now doing the 8th. Tomorrow I will be doing the casa as mum is coming for the day. Maybe I can whittle down some more rows of the casa.

Tabby so sorry to hear about the bird. I had a parakeet once that was always beat up on from other birds and just died one day. I was upset too and haven't had a bird since. The mean bird lived along time. (he was my sister's)

I've heard the same thing about rubbing bourbon and the like on the gums. I never had a real problem with the teething to try it.

krystal

in my country it`s hard specially in this time for the new couple to buy their own houses

the prices begins with 600thousand dollars

so if we weren`t that rich we can`t get it

and to live separtly it`s ok and we are used to it we will just pain the walls and buy furniture the apartment will be in his parents house se it`s available for long time

some rent place to live in but we prefer to keep our money to buy house some years later from now ;)

You two sound very sensible - I hope that your house is done quickly and you're able to enjoy your time alone together soon. And to have family right close by like that will be quite a blessing when it comes time to have your own family. It's difficult sometimes for DH and I, as our families are at least 30 minutes away. Some days we like being alone, but other times it is very inconvenient!

Good Morning!

Mary~Have a safe trip. Happy Birthday to your Dad! :manyheart

I'm going to try to retrieve my pics. again off that GRRRRR....memory card. I would like to because i just took some really good pics. of my birdie the other day. Anywhoo, i'm off to give it a try.

Have a good day! :)

Archived