And another bag!

tiffer93

I finished this purse for FMIL last night. It has 3 rounds of popcorns and popcorns all along the handle. I put a zipper on this one!

Hope you like it!

post-18684-135897521215_thumb.jpg

This one's name is Tropical Oasis because it reminded me of the beach, with the blues of the sea, yellow of the sun, and greens of the foliage!

Thanks for looking!

post-18684-135897521209_thumb.jpg

Wow Tiffany that is a great lovely looking bag....

Do you line your bags inside???

Can you tell me how you sew zipper onto your bags??? I'd love to give that a try to the totes i've been making ...

Great job and thanks for sharing..

Did you make it up as you went along or you used a pattern?

hugs

Lillibet

All of your bags are so cute! You seem to get them done so quickly!!!

Thanks so much! They do work up rather quickly, which is why they are getting done so fast! It only takes a couple of hours of actual stitching to complete each bag, maybe at the most 4-5 depending on the size.

They are also a lot of fun to make, which helps finishing them!

Wow Tiffany that is a great lovely looking bag....

Do you line your bags inside???

Can you tell me how you sew zipper onto your bags??? I'd love to give that a try to the totes i've been making ...

Great job and thanks for sharing..

Did you make it up as you went along or you used a pattern?

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Lillibet! Thank you for the lovely comments! The bags I have done recently were inspired by a pattern on the GarnStudio/DROPS website. The first bag I completed I followed their pattern almost to the letter. The second bag was a little more of my own interpretation and made up as I went along, as well as the 3rd and most recent bag. I haven't lined any of these bags, as they are done in single crochet and are very dense in stitches. The popcorns on the last bag had no chain spaces between them, rather double crochet stitches, so there are no holes at all. As far as the zipper, I place the zipper edge on the top of the bag, with the fabric of the zipper on the inside of the bag. Does that make sense? Then, I just seamed the zipper in by hand, using the top row of sc stitches for the sewing guide, kind of tacking the zipper in place. But to do the second side when sewing, you have to unzip the zipper to get to the inside of the bag to sew! When zipped, the only part of the zipper that shows is the zipping portion, not the seaming. If you open the bag, however, you can see the stitching. I found I really loved the popcorn stitch, as I had never done it before these bags, and it inspired me to make more bags using it. I hope this information helps! If you need clarification on any of it, I'll be happy to explain more.

Again, thank you for your comments!

BEAUTIFUL! The way the colors pooled into the diagonal stripes is PERFECT! I'm sure your FMIL is going to be THRILLED to have this! Great work!!! :manyheart

Archived