Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi everyone! Just popped in for a few to say hello and see if the squares I sent have been received. There are 5 that I don't know if they've made it to their new homes:( and am hoping that the P.O. hasn't eaten them! :lol Anyway, going to get some more sent out later this week. Lots of lovely squares that are being received by all I see!

Take care and have a great day!:hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of the yellow ones pop on and off here. Afra is one that hasn't had internet for awhile, but he sent out handwritten notes for thank yous. You can by all means send to those people, but a while back I was getting PMs from senders saying they weren't getting an acknowledgement that the square made it. This was my way of saying "Send at your own risk" :)

:turtle:vheart

Ive been pretty lucky, as most that I have sent out, (52 as of count last wednesday) have acknowledged and or thanked me for the sqaures. There are only a couple I haven't heard from and one, I see by the new list, i waited too long to send hers, as now it says, no more needed, so that one will be up for grabs next week, lol 12 inch, mostly off white, some color in the center (s) he he he..... but Im happy she had enough to complete her ghan....I will decide on that one later, but for the most part, Im satisfied with the results of all receiving versus the couple that haven't acknowledged yet, and that's fine, I just imagine their faces, when after all the time away from this thread, and they get a puffy!! They must be delighted! and that's enough for me!

Good Morning Ladies, it is raining here, and cool, great weather.

I haven't been as lucky as you. I have sent out 32, and have responses from 19. I have a list that I keep so I know what I sent, and when, and to whom, and check mark it if they responded.

But I will keep sending them anyway, if someone from the Post Office is getting them, then someone is enjoying them.:yay

I sent 5 last wednesday, and haven't heard from any of them. Maybe the

mail is just slow. They don't call it Snail Mail for nothing.:D

May everyone have a great day.:hug

:yay Woohoo! My son is feeling much better. Which is good because I have a ton of errands tomorrow. I have some stuff with the jeep to take care of (NBD) and then the store and then the post office. I'm going to try and send out my first 3 squares (I have more than that though waiting) and a package to a friend and one to my SIL.

I hope everyone has a great day! I think mine is going to be ;)

I have a question. When you say that you received responses from those who you sent squares out to, do you mean a thank you on this thread or a thank you card in the mail? I have received squares and all I do is thank the sender thru this thread. I hope I didn't leave anyone out and if I should be sending thank you cards I will start.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I have a question. When you say that you received responses from those who you sent squares out to, do you mean a thank you on this thread or a thank you card in the mail? I have received squares and all I do is thank the sender thru this thread. I hope I didn't leave anyone out and if I should be sending thank you cards I will start.

I know for my part I send them a PM and also thank them in the thread, that way I have a public and private thank you just in case they miss my post here. :hook

How many do you have so far? I don't see it in your siggy

Ive been pretty lucky, as most that I have sent out, (52 as of count last wednesday) have acknowledged and or thanked me for the sqaures. There are only a couple I haven't heard from and one, I see by the new list, i waited too long to send hers, as now it says, no more needed, so that one will be up for grabs next week, lol 12 inch, mostly off white, some color in the center (s) he he he..... but Im happy she had enough to complete her ghan....I will decide on that one later, but for the most part, Im satisfied with the results of all receiving versus the couple that haven't acknowledged yet, and that's fine, I just imagine their faces, when after all the time away from this thread, and they get a puffy!! They must be delighted! and that's enough for me!

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Morning Friends!!!! •¨¯`•

How is everyone today? I've got a busy day of laundry and crocheting. I need to get things done for the fundraiser for hubby and get some dishcloths in the Soap Shop.

Have a terrific Tuesday

:heart

:mug

I've been very lucky as well as that pretty much everyone that I have sent I have heard from-my concern is just that I want to make sure they have been received so that I know they aren't floating around somewhere.:lol It could just be that since I sent a bunch out at the same time, the mail is just really slow:yes I also will continue to send as I love be able to make someone's day when they go to their mailbox!

There should be a thank you either in this thread OR the Wishlist thank you thread. Make sure you are checking there too. Not everyone on the list is involved in the thread, some were added because they had it in their wishlist (with their permission of course).

By response, I meant on this thread. I didn't realize that everyone was not active on this thread. I guess I better check the other site,.

Have a good evening, everyone.:manyheart

Hi Everyone! It's been a busy day for me. Started out with a drs appt, then we headed to the PO and I mailed out 6 envelopes with squares and a box to a friend. Hope they all make it to their destinations! :D Have a great day/evening everyone! :hook

Good Morning Ladies, it is raining here, and cool, great weather.

I haven't been as lucky as you. I have sent out 32, and have responses from 19. I have a list that I keep so I know what I sent, and when, and to whom, and check mark it if they responded.

But I will keep sending them anyway, if someone from the Post Office is getting them, then someone is enjoying them.:yay

I sent 5 last wednesday, and haven't heard from any of them. Maybe the

mail is just slow. They don't call it Snail Mail for nothing.:D

May everyone have a great day.:hug

I've sent out 32 and only not heard back from one so far.

:yay Woohoo! My son is feeling much better. Which is good because I have a ton of errands tomorrow. I have some stuff with the jeep to take care of (NBD) and then the store and then the post office. I'm going to try and send out my first 3 squares (I have more than that though waiting) and a package to a friend and one to my SIL.

I hope everyone has a great day! I think mine is going to be ;)

So glad your son is feeling better!

I thank them in this thread and usually in the wish list thread

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Morning Friends!!!! •¨¯`•

How is everyone today? I've got a busy day of laundry and crocheting. I need to get things done for the fundraiser for hubby and get some dishcloths in the Soap Shop.

Have a terrific Tuesday

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam! Hope you're having a good day!

There should be a thank you either in this thread OR the Wishlist thank you thread. Make sure you are checking there too. Not everyone on the list is involved in the thread, some were added because they had it in their wishlist (with their permission of course).

Gotcha! Either/or! I'll have to check the other thread in case she posted there! Thanks!

hi ya, Yes, I meant this thread, I seldom think to go to the other thread, so maybe that is where some of the missing ones I sent are acknowledged. But I will check there as well, should be here though, Im thinking, lol OH well. Hope everyone on the east coast is settled down now after that quake! We are getting some rolls of thunder here, that last 10 and 15 minutes, what's up with that, no rain, just lots of long rolling thunder! This weather lately, mother nature is flexing her muscles again, she packs quite a punch, when she wants to, darn it!! Thoughts and concerns for those of you on the coast, and hoping all settles down soon for you!

Pineknott I was really scared of driving so I am glad I actually put it off until later. Funny/embarrassing incident:On Monday I was driving around the quieter streets of my town. Practicing angle parking,3 point turns and u- turns where I actually end up back in my own lane(I got them all in the end!), but when I would try parking at the kerb I was always too far out. I practiced a few times and then went too close, hit the kerb and gave us a flat tyre! Oh my! How bad did I feel! Funny thing, ever since, that same friend keeps running into or over a kerb.

Pineknott I was really scared of driving so I am glad I actually put it off until later. Funny/embarrassing incident:On Monday I was driving around the quieter streets of my town. Practicing angle parking,3 point turns and u- turns where I actually end up back in my own lane(I got them all in the end!), but when I would try parking at the kerb I was always too far out. I practiced a few times and then went too close, hit the kerb and gave us a flat tyre! Oh my! How bad did I feel! Funny thing, ever since, that same friend keeps running into or over a kerb.

:lol Will that friend let you drive their car again?!:lol Practice makes perfect, you're doing great and will get it fine in the end! :hug

I tried posting this earlier but I don't see it on here now. Sorry if it pops up again.

Thank you Katyallen for the squares! My son likes them too. He gets just as excited when I get a package in the mail as I do :)

He said the orange,black and yellow square looks like a bee :bee

post-44625-135897691291_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897691286_thumb.jpg

I tried posting this earlier but I don't see it on here now. Sorry if it pops up again.

Thank you Katyallen for the squares! My son likes them too. He gets just as excited when I get a package in the mail as I do :)

[ATTACH]44439[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]44440[/ATTACH]

Oh cute pic! Glad you and your son liked them!!

The squares and your son are super cute!

Pretty squares! Your son is so cute!

Aw, how sweet. :c9 Nice squares!

Cute squares and cute son!!

oh wow...ive been working on my christmas gifts for my family the last few days. i figure i need to make almost 200 coasters and almost 100 bookmarks :eek i just hope i have enough yarn for it all? :think but if not, it just gives me an excuse to go buy more! :clap:manyheart but back to work for a while before i fall asleep :hook :hugs for all!

Hope everyone is well. Just got to come home from hospital. I had surgery today. Got some squares made to send, but don't know when I will get to P.O. since I can't drive for awhile.

But I plan on working on my step-dad's comfortghan and more squares while I'm "laid-out". Prayers going out for all on the east coast with Irene!

Archived