Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

what a beautiful day... sun is shinning... birds are chirping and our pool is filled for the boys to play in.

I have my coffee... my crochet hook and yarn.. and my laptop to be here with you all. Good Day!

I have a few envelopes going out today.. .so be on the look out girls. I'll be making more this week now that the baby set I did is done! :whew. I will do my best to do a square here and there between working on my swap buddy's stuff!

Oh hey neighbor........... your friendship'ghan came out beautiful!!!!!!

okay.. off to get more coffee!!! ~D]

have a great day ladies!

:heart

:mug

Katy - Your friendship ghan is gorgeous! :cheer

Thanks Tam and Nicole for the nice comments, I really like it too! It's already spoken for however, lol darn it! take care in the heat!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw. My boys want to get a rat but their Dad says NO. (They have hamsters, and a puppy already... So.. :P)

I had a great weekend away from home. I wasn't able to spare any time to make any squares. I still have 2 to send out. I will be making more this week and sending them out as soon as I can. :crocheting

I also got me a new rat baby I want to make something for. :manyheart

So many projects...so little time. :hook

Do you need these squares? I'm confused.. (I can't keep up in this thread, sorry...) :blush

Praying for the job for you!! :)

Sorry to make this so long, but is it too much to ask if I could have some 8" squares for a comfortghan to let him know there are people that care? If I could have them in WW and different shades of blue since that is his favorite color?

I mailed 2 yesterday, so they are on their way, glad to help!

Have fun in the pool! We have one, but we haven't set it up; because we have to pay for water & it would be too much $ to fill it up.. :blush

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

what a beautiful day... sun is shinning... birds are chirping and our pool is filled for the boys to play in.

I have my coffee... my crochet hook and yarn.. and my laptop to be here with you all. Good Day!

I have a few envelopes going out today.. .so be on the look out girls. I'll be making more this week now that the baby set I did is done! :whew. I will do my best to do a square here and there between working on my swap buddy's stuff!

Oh hey neighbor........... your friendship'ghan came out beautiful!!!!!!

okay.. off to get more coffee!!! ~D]

have a great day ladies!

I think I posted a picture not too long ago of all my squares. But I've gotten a few more, since then. I have been trying to edge them so I can start joining them. But every time I get them laid out the puppy has to walk over them & ruin my lay out so I spend half my time putting them back where they were. :angry I should just not let her in the room, but then I have to listen to her whine cuz she wants to come in. :blush Anyway. Here is what I have so far. 19 squares. (I found one I had done that is 8 inches; so I threw it in there. :P)

post-20-135897683416_thumb.jpg

Oh Nice sqaures Tina! Just pick puppy up, lol I have to keep Max out of the room, ( kitty) as the first very first thing he does everytime, is to go directly to the yarn ball basket, and pull out a large ball to tear apart, lol What color are you bordering them in??

Aw. My boys want to get a rat but their Dad says NO. (They have hamsters, and a puppy already... So.. :P)

I didn't exactly ask my husband lol It was my birthday and he said while we were in TN visiting that I should buy myself something. So I bought me a rat :) I used to have lots of rats years ago but had to get them new homes since we were moving all over the place.

Just be careful when you do get one cus they are addicting too :devil

Ok...off to finish the square I was working on today,I may make this person 2 of them since I love this pattern so much :crocheting:mail

(:shrug Still waiting for the mailman to bring me some squares :emptymail)

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

:whew............. got my runs made. Mailed 4 squares today.... and a couple gifts.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Love the squares so far Tina!!!!

Abbynormal, pm me your info so I can add you to my list, please. :)

Tina, nice squares.

I think I posted a picture not too long ago of all my squares. But I've gotten a few more, since then. I have been trying to edge them so I can start joining them. But every time I get them laid out the puppy has to walk over them & ruin my lay out so I spend half my time putting them back where they were. :angry I should just not let her in the room, but then I have to listen to her whine cuz she wants to come in. :blush Anyway. Here is what I have so far. 19 squares. (I found one I had done that is 8 inches; so I threw it in there. :P)

Nice squares! Looks good!

I didn't exactly ask my husband lol It was my birthday and he said while we were in TN visiting that I should buy myself something. So I bought me a rat :) I used to have lots of rats years ago but had to get them new homes since we were moving all over the place.

Just be careful when you do get one cus they are addicting too :devil

Ok...off to finish the square I was working on today,I may make this person 2 of them since I love this pattern so much :crocheting:mail

(:shrug Still waiting for the mailman to bring me some squares :emptymail)

Ooops, you're not on my list! :eek Please PM your info to me so I can add you to my list. Thank you! :hug

Mailed out two more envelopes today. Keep your eyes open! :devil

I am edging them in black. Some are edged already. I started joining some today. I re-did how I wanted them laid out, too. A girl has a right to change her mind. :devil Now I will have a better idea of how many more squares I will need.

My puppy sits right on my squares, then JUMPS up all of a sudden out of nowhere, messes them all up. :blush If I keep her out of there, I can't keep an eye on her, though. And she's been chewing up the edges of the carpet. :angry So I try to get her to calm down & go to sleep. Look at her in the last picture "Mama look how cute I am, I'm shaking..." (She just learned to "shake", and tries to be cute when she knows she is doing something she's not supposed to :P ~ like laying/sitting on my squares. :blush )

Oh Nice sqaures Tina! Just pick puppy up, lol I have to keep Max out of the room, ( kitty) as the first very first thing he does everytime, is to go directly to the yarn ball basket, and pull out a large ball to tear apart, lol What color are you bordering them in??

post-20-13589768346_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897683463_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897683465_thumb.jpg

I am edging them in black. Some are edged already. I started joining some today. I re-did how I wanted them laid out, too. A girl has a right to change her mind. :devil Now I will have a better idea of how many more squares I will need.

My puppy sits right on my squares, then JUMPS up all of a sudden out of nowhere, messes them all up. :blush If I keep her out of there, I can't keep an eye on her, though. And she's been chewing up the edges of the carpet. :angry So I try to get her to calm down & go to sleep. Look at her in the last picture "Mama look how cute I am, I'm shaking..." (She just learned to "shake", and tries to be cute when she knows she is doing something she's not supposed to :P ~ like laying/sitting on my squares. :blush )

:lol What a cutie! How can you be angry with a face like that! :lol

You have alot more patience than I have.

I have just been lurking around here the last few days, reading but not writing. My mailman has been lazy for over a week now, maybe he is on strike and forgot to tell me. But I am still crocheting away.

I ran out of dark blue so I have to wait till I get to the store to finish the squares for piscescrocheter.

It has been so doggone hot, I don't want to do anything

Oh black is always such a good choice, it makes the colors just pop!! I love that puppy!!! Such a sweetie!

You have alot more patience than I have.

I have just been lurking around here the last few days, reading but not writing. My mailman has been lazy for over a week now, maybe he is on strike and forgot to tell me. But I am still crocheting away.

I ran out of dark blue so I have to wait till I get to the store to finish the squares for piscescrocheter.

It has been so doggone hot, I don't want to do anything

Yep we are in the sauna here as well, rain maybe thursday that might cool us off a bit.. My mail has been empty lately too, but tha'ts ok, I have been keeping busy!

Such nice squares everyone is posting!! Love them!

Wow!! :eek I posted my message the nite before we left for vacation. My smartphone does great for emails and checking facebook some what but for some reason is horrible with crochetville. We just got home this evening so I'm just now getting to catch up on here!!!

I am so pleasantly surprised at the kindness of all you ladies!!! Special hugs go out to grannyannie, cindyssweethings, jessicali, tam, sopo, karishema, krazycrocheter,katyallen, baseball mom, bgs, and pat!! :hug:hug:hug

I have really enjoyed looking at all the eye candy!! nice squares for sure!!

I recieved to squares today from hershey038...thank you very much for the 2 beautiful squares they mean a lot to me. The other square is from grannyannie she sent it to me a couple weeks ago i didn't know how to post pic. at the time so I wrote a thank you thread and thought I would post a pic. this time. Thank you

You are so welcome AshyN!!! Glad you liked them!!

Katy, that is awesome.

I hope it's ok to post this but I found out today that PiscesCrocheter had asked for 12" squares for a comfortghan last July and still doesn't have enough to finish it. I'm making one and wanted to see if anyone else could spare an extra square. Thanks.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118048

Somehow this one just slipped by me but will be glad to send out a square or two very quickly!!

Hi, well as promised, here is "BUFFY". ( I name all my afghans, don't you??) She measure approx. 52 by 62, and is 5 by 6 blocks in construction. I added in some cases, a row of sc around for proportions sake, and in order to have the same amount of stitches for my border, it's complicated, lol, and then bordered them all in buff, then flat braided them together, adding another inch or two, and bordered it with a row of buff, a row of dk brown, and finished up with a row of soft white shells. I only have a couple left that did not make it into this afgh. but will for sure the next,after a short breather, which will be 8 inches, any color, that ought to be spectacular! FOr now, this is my fav! Thanks to all those that sent me squares, both here, and at home, and know that this will soon be comforting a special friend!! Thanks to all your help! You know who you are! lol Enjoy your evening, and seeing your EYE CANDY all completed! many thanks!

Oh, I almost forgot, lol I have four more puffy's going out tomorrow, one of them, contains two 12 inchers, and is going to the same home! HINT HINT!! Edit... you know, i was looking up the flat braid, and even though that is pretty, it's not quite what i do, so I guess I can't call i that anymore, darn.....oh well, learn something everyday, huh. Ill just call mine katie's braid for the record, lol

[ATTACH]43068[/ATTACH]

My!!! THat is So pretty!!! Katyallen I might steal another idea of yours! Instead of doing my step-dad's comfortghan in black, just may have to do it in buff so that it stays more cheerier!!! I :manyheart it!!! I'm still not sure how big I want it so not sure yet how many squares I need. Would like a larger size so he can wrap in it. and he is 6 feet tall!

Tina, I love all your squares too!! Hopefully I'll get a chance this week to lay mine out and give you all a sneak peak...

Tam, so good to hear Michael is doing so good!!

Well I'm really tired tonite. kalie wants me to help her get her new hermit crab friend situated so I want to check in a few more forums before I turn in.

Thanks again every one and hope you all have a great nite!!!

Before I go to bed for the nite, I sure want to thank karishema (aka Mary) for my BEAUTIFUL purple square and angel pin!!!! LOVE it!!!!

thank you!!! :hugMy camera is not doing right at this time :( but it is just lovely and I love this pattern!

Just popping in to let y'all know I made it home safely. It was terrible traveling with the baby (she apparently doesn't travel well) but we all survived. I got a square in the mail while I was gone; I will post pics tomorrow when I'm not so beat. Unfortunately, when I was cutting open the envelope, one of the corners was near the top and a thread of yarn got cut. I have the exact match to it though so I should be able to repair it.

Thank you for the square, bgs! I LOVE it! So does my baby. She couldn't stop cooing at it and waving it around! I'm sad that I nicked it but I'm sure I can fix it.

Just trying to get the word out about the games thread in the off topic forum. Why not go and check them out. Some of them are pretty neat. I think they are a lot of fun. One that is on the second page that no one has posted to in a while is This or That: Fun Game to Get to Know One Another. I think its interesting. Check it out or not its up to you. I like um.

:blushHershey, lol go ahead, use buff, I don't hold a copyright or a patent on it for edging, lol I chose it too, because I wanted it more brightish and cheerful! Glad you liked it, I can't wait to see what others do with thier sqaures, and edging and joining!

Faith, Got your sqaure in the mail, a week or two ago, just a card telling me to come pick something up, but I lost the card, and soon forgot about the post office, then another card came, and i took it in this time, I thought, wow, I hope it's a box that's too big for mine, and you know what it was! Postage due. LOL I gladly paid for the postage due, and love the sqaure, but almost more I loved the wonderful words inside your note! Thank you for the sqaure, pic will come later, when I have some time , thank you Faith! How lovely and what wonderful surprise, I was sure it was either a bill, or something, lol and did not assign it high priority. I apologize that it took a week for me to thank you!:blush

Katy,

I feel terrible about the postage due:eek ! In my rush to get the squares out in the mail a few days earlier, I had the envelopes weighed on our office scale and used my personal stamps instead of waiting until the weekend when I could get to the post office. I wont be doing that again!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the square and note. :hug

Faith

I thought, wow, I hope it's a box that's too big for mine, and you know what it was! Postage due. LOL I gladly paid for the postage due, and love the sqaure, but almost more I loved the wonderful words inside your note! Thank you for the sqaure, pic will come later, when I have some time , thank you Faith! How lovely and what wonderful surprise, I was sure it was either a bill, or something, lol and did not assign it high priority. I apologize that it took a week for me to thank you!:blush

Good Morning Ladies. I am so sorry, as I said before, I have squares done but just have not put them in packages. Haven't been feeling well lately and it takes extra energy to pack them I guess. I am going to do my very best to get them out this weekend for sure. Doesn't help if I make the squares and then don't send them to anyone.:blush

Everyone squares look great. I think it's time for me to spread mine out and see what I have. I have no idea what color to edge mine in. I really don't think I want black or white so I guess once I lay them out maybe a color will come to me.

Well, I really do need to get to work since I'm already late since I'm not feeling so hot. Oh well, onward. Have a great day everyone.

Thank you so much to KatyAllen8090 for the gorgeous square yesterday. It it perfect I can't wait to add it to my afghan!!

Thank you so much for thinking of me!

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

/*˛˚ •˚ ˚Good Late Morning! ** ~*

/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚.˚* ˚ ★ ˚. ★ *˛

˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. : ) ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

Just want to pop in and say :hi HI.

Sorry I have been so hit and miss lately!

I have a couple more squares I need to mail out tomorrow!!!

hope all is well with you ladies. I can see by all the squares being shown... that you all have been staying very busy! :hook

okay... catch up more later

Archived