Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I made a trip to the post office, and mailed off 5 more squares, hope they all arrive at their destinations.

Have a great evening, everyone.:manyheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Katie A. for the lovely square you sent! I need to take a picture--it's done in about 4 shades of blue (which just happens to be my favorite color!)

MOrning! Lots of puffy's on thier way to new homes! Lets keep in our thoughts good wishes that they all reach their destinations, and live long and happy lives in some yarn lovers ghan!!!!! Some of them are just so cute, like children, I hate to let them go!! Im off now, couple of errands to run before the heat and humitity set in for the day! Had some rain though, heard it on the roof very early am! Cooled things off for a moment of time, but will turn into high humidity a bit later on, Im sure! Have a great day, and keep checking your mail!

:sun .::Good Afternoon::.

How is everyone today? We had one heck of a rain last night... we dont need more water... sheesh. Its a nice and hot one today though!

I'm off to the post office in a bit to mail out some squares.

I usually just pop them in my box .... but I'm also going to talk to the town mayor about the town clerk job today.

have a great day everyone!!!

:heart

:mug

:sun .::Good Afternoon::.

How is everyone today? We had one heck of a rain last night... we dont need more water... sheesh. Its a nice and hot one today though!

I'm off to the post office in a bit to mail out some squares.

I usually just pop them in my box .... but I'm also going to talk to the town mayor about the town clerk job today.

have a great day everyone!!!

I think a lot of PO's were busy today! :lol Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for the town clerk job! :hug

I have some less than ten 5 round granny squares. Who wants them? They are all different colors. Some are patch-worked. First come first serve. Pm with your information.

I'll take em!!

>.< I smacked my head on the table a few days ago and it still hurts a bit.. this wedding planning stuff sure isnt helping! Hopefully stuff'll calm down considerably afterwards.

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Good Morning...........

Another hot one today!

I'll be working on a baby blanket today and then some more friendship squares. I'm indoors for today. :whew

have a great day everyone!

How do you send the squares? Like how much postage and how do you package them? Never actually done it before so I would like to know?

just in a big envelope. some used the bubble kind and some use regular. :)

just in a big envelope. some used the bubble kind and some use regular. :)

I find the manilla plains to work just fine, some do or don't put them in a baggie or zip lock, and most usually postage for up to two smaller granny's in one smaller manilla,( i think they are one size down from the 91/2 by 11 size) or one one large folded,granny in the same size smaller manilla runs me about 1.71 apiece. More if you want delivery confirmation (70 cents) I dont get that unless Im in a swap. hope this helps!

I did a post office run today,

I was ready to jump the counter and throttle that clerk,I didn't have the right zip code,he says you'll have to take the pkg back home and get the right zip,I said you don't have a zip code book here? nope,I guess cause I was standing my ground he looked up the darn zip code,but you could tell he wasn't happy,poor thing.

I received a lovely green square today from Mo.thank you so much,beautiful work

I was ready to jump the counter and throttle that clerk,I didn't have the right zip code,he says you'll have to take the pkg back home and get the right zip,I said you don't have a zip code book here? nope,I guess cause I was standing my ground he looked up the darn zip code,but you could tell he wasn't happy,poor thing.

OMG, he had to do his job? :rolleyes I've had a wrong zip before and the clerk looked up the correct one right away without even asking.

How do you send the squares? Like how much postage and how do you package them? Never actually done it before so I would like to know?

Manilla envelopes. Weigh them at home and calculate postage on the USPS website. Put on stamps and stick them in the mail box. :)

Really? Idiots. :angry

:turtle:vheart

I recieved a beautiful bright yellow square today from katyallen8090~ Thank you!! I hope to get back into making squares soon. Been busy with the HIJ thing. :P

post-20-13589768169_thumb.jpg

I cannot believe he told you to go home and look it up:eek Does he not know he works in the post office and that's usually where we can go and get this kind of help.:think Oh man, I would have been just a little bit upset I think. :rant People just amaze me anymore.

I recieved a beautiful bright yellow square today from katyallen8090~ Thank you!! I hope to get back into making squares soon. Been busy with the HIJ thing. :P

That is a very pretty square.

I think that clerk was a bit

'postal" ha ha. The reg guy that usually takes my packages, pointed to one once, and said, what's that?? and I said, umm, the address?? and he said there is no zip code like that, and I said, oh, i must have written it down wrong, and right away, he hit a couple keys on his doohickey, and wala, the right zip came up, seems I transposed one digit, lol but I had no clue to what he was pointing at, or what he meant at first, I guess he thought, well, easier to just fix it, than ask me any more questions. lol:P

Archived