Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I got two squares in the mail today!! :clap From two different people. :D And one was all the way from Poland. Thank you Karen, :hug and Mary. :hug I love the colors in both of them. Turqoise is my favorite color. I loved the note/card, and Mary sent a little angel pin. It's so cute, I love it! And I collect stamps, too. I love the stamps on the envelope Karen. (I don't think I have any from Poland, yet; either.) Thank you both!! :manyheart

post-20-135897678549_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897678556_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I do, too. :hook

I know I just started this, but the way I am doing it is I go through my stash and see what yarn I don't have a lot of or what is left from previous projects. Basically whatever yarn that looks lonely. Then I go through and see if anyone is asking for that color and make the square according to the size they want. When I choose the pattern for the square I look through a bunch of online patterns until one jumps out at me.

Not much of a system,but it's a system.

Hope you all have a good day- didn't get anymore squares done this weekend- but hoping to rectify that by next weekend!! Thanks for the links to the 12 inch patterns Brenda- I also like this one The Argyle Diamond by Tammy (teakaycee) http://coffeencrafts.blogspot.com/2011/06/freebie-friday.html

Yes this is another one I really like. I thought of it after I had already posted the others.

Well, had to run to town and do errands and I got 3 squares in the mail! :yay

Two of them are from baseballmom18! :clap Thanks Trish! They are so soft! What kind of cotton is that? I've never seen it before but it's wonderful! :c9

I also received a beautiful square from grannyannie! :cheer Thank you Ann! She also sent the cutest turtle pin!! I love the idea of making it into a pin! It's so cute and would be great to pin on totes as well as an outfit! :hook

Thank you ladies so much! :hug

Glad they got there! It's Sugar and Cream. I think the color is salt and pepper but I can't find it anymore!

Wow! I got 2 more squares yesterday, was to tired to post them.

Thanks go to BaseballMom18. I love the color, it reminds me of a spring day in a meadow.:clap.

[ATTACH]42213[/ATTACH]

Yeah! Glad you like them and you are very welcome!:hug

Hi Ladies,

I see some beautiful squares posted lately. Speaking of beautiful squares, I recieved two amazing squares from CindysSweetThings on Friday. I'll get pics up later today. I'm in awe of the geometric pattern she created on the back of the work. I just can't decide which side of the work I want to display on my finished 'ghan.

I sent five squares out in the post today. :yes

I'm glad you like them! I saw an afghan of those squares in a pic online so I decided to try to figure out how to make one. Your color choices were perfect for the pattern so I just HAD to make you two :P. The hardest part was carrying the yarn over behind the work. I kept forgetting to so I would have to redo those half rounds.

Wow, I definitely need to catch up with all that is going on. I wanted to post a picture of the beautiful square I received from CindysSweetThings. It is oh so pretty. Thank you very much Cindy, I love it.

I'm so glad you love it! I bought a skein of RHSS Earth and Sky and just HAD to make something with it. I riffled through my pattern books and found that square and knew it was perfect. I picked you because I hadn't noticed you over here since I joined and I thought you could use a little love :manyheart

Well Sue so many kind ladies here did send to me for my friendship ghan and I'd love to join this one..

Can you tell us more on how it will work.. Do we make squares and send them out or do we keep the squares we make???

What size squares are we talking about?

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Lilly! I too am wondering how I can join this CAL. I also have a package for you Lilly. I will prob send out tomorrow

Penny:hug

Well, had to run to town and do errands and I got 3 squares in the mail! :yay

Two of them are from baseballmom18! :clap Thanks Trish! They are so soft! What kind of cotton is that? I've never seen it before but it's wonderful! :c9

I also received a beautiful square from grannyannie! :cheer Thank you Ann! She also sent the cutest turtle pin!! I love the idea of making it into a pin! It's so cute and would be great to pin on totes as well as an outfit! :hook

Thank you ladies so much! :hug

Gorgeous!

I got two squares in the mail today!! :clap From two different people. :D And one was all the way from Poland. Thank you Karen, :hug and Mary. :hug I love the colors in both of them. Turqoise is my favorite color. I loved the note/card, and Mary sent a little angel pin. It's so cute, I love it! And I collect stamps, too. I love the stamps on the envelope Karen. (I don't think I have any from Poland, yet; either.) Thank you both!! :manyheart

Beautiful squares & love the angel!

Penny

Mom w/a Motif - Yes please! I'm sure your photo will be heaps better than mine :)

I will be sending out 3 squares tomorrow and then I will probably have to put squares on hold for a few weeks.

We rang my kids dad yesterday and he kindly told them that they will have a new baby brother...in early August!!:angry I hate that my kids don't even rate high enough in their thoughts to be told.They still wouldn't know if I didn't ring him to ask if he would sign passport applications for them (we are planning a cruise! :cheer ). It makes me angrier when I think that when the kids stayed with them 3 months ago she was quite far in her pregnancy and still didn't say anything. :( Anyway angry vibes away. We are making the baby a blanket so I need to concentrate on that to be finished in time for the birth. Contrary to how this reads, I am happy for them and the kids are Very excited! :lol

Edited to add: I also brought some black yarn yesterday to start adding borders to the squares I have received.I can't wait to start sewing them together!

:cheerReceived a beautiful square in the mail yesterday from Baseballmom. Thank You so much, love the colors, I think I will make it my center square. Will post a picture when I find the cord to my phone. I know I said that last week, but I still haven't found it. :thinkI really don't have any idea what I have done with it.

Hi Lilly! I too am wondering how I can join this CAL. I also have a package for you Lilly. I will prob send out tomorrow

Welcome, Penny! I love to have new ladies to make squares for :hook. Check out the very first post. It tells you everything you need to know on how to join.

I know I said I had 5 squares to go out on Wed. But the more I look at these pictures and compare my squares to the ones that I have received, I'm embarrassed to send mine out. Mine are so plain and boring. I guess I'll frog them and start over. Hang in there ladies, squares are a comin.

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning………………

How is everyone this Very Hot morning? :whew

Yesterday was somethin’ else! So HOT! I’m so glad we only have one game to work today. I was a good girl yesterday… I drank plenty of water while at the game and stayed in the shade as much as possible! So did Ken!!! Day before was a bit tougher for me… I had actually stopped sweating and got goose bumps….. but I went in the concession where there is AC and drank a bunch of water …. Then back to the gate!

What beautiful squares you all are getting! Outstanding work ladies!!!

Well ladies…. Off to catch up with more threads and emails.

have a great day! I’ll be inside for most of today… then out at the ball field later running the gate for the tournament!

So maybe I can get some nice crochet time in while indoors! :hook

Love you guys

:heart

:mug

Paula's square is the one on the left. :) Congratulations on the cruise! My husband and I might be going on one. Still not sure yet..

Mom w/a Motif - Yes please! I'm sure your photo will be heaps better than mine :)

I will be sending out 3 squares tomorrow and then I will probably have to put squares on hold for a few weeks.

We rang my kids dad yesterday and he kindly told them that they will have a new baby brother...in early August!!:angry I hate that my kids don't even rate high enough in their thoughts to be told.They still wouldn't know if I didn't ring him to ask if he would sign passport applications for them (we are planning a cruise! :cheer ). It makes me angrier when I think that when the kids stayed with them 3 months ago she was quite far in her pregnancy and still didn't say anything. :( Anyway angry vibes away. We are making the baby a blanket so I need to concentrate on that to be finished in time for the birth. Contrary to how this reads, I am happy for them and the kids are Very excited! :lol

Edited to add: I also brought some black yarn yesterday to start adding borders to the squares I have received.I can't wait to start sewing them together!

post-20-135897678663_thumb.jpg

I think you just send TurtleLvr (Sue) your name and address, and what color/size squares you would want. Then she adds your name/info to the first post so everyone knows what to make you. :) I put my info in my signature line, too. But that's just me. :P

Welcome to the CAL Lillibet and Penny! :hug

I know I said I had 5 squares to go out on Wed. But the more I look at these pictures and compare my squares to the ones that I have received, I'm embarrassed to send mine out. Mine are so plain and boring. I guess I'll frog them and start over. Hang in there ladies, squares are a comin.

I think I speak for a lot of people on here. All squares are good squares. :manyheart I too doubt that my squares will be a nice as some that are posted. But for me personally I think that my friendship-ghan will look just as good with plain squares as it will with fancy squares. :yay

I second that emotion! :manyheart:lol:hug

I think I speak for a lot of people on here. All squares are good squares. :manyheart I too doubt that my squares will be a nice as some that are posted. But for me personally I think that my friendship-ghan will look just as good with plain squares as it will with fancy squares. :yay

Thank you Tina, for the nice note. It made my day!

I love all of my squares, plain or pretty. I think you need both, one offfsets the other.

Welcome to the new people, I know you will enjoy the ladies here, and the beautiful squares that you get.

Have a great day everyone, and stay out of the heat, if you can.:hug

:cheerReceived a beautiful square in the mail yesterday from Baseballmom. Thank You so much, love the colors, I think I will make it my center square. Will post a picture when I find the cord to my phone. I know I said that last week, but I still haven't found it. :thinkI really don't have any idea what I have done with it.

Wow! Glad it got there and that you like it!:hug

:eekNo! Any squares that we receive area loved! It doesn't matter how basic they are, they are made with love and that's all that counts!:hug

Sue- Can you send me an updated listed as soon as you add the new ladies? Thanks!

Not sure on yours but on a lot of cell phones, if you forward the picture and then put an email address in the to: spot instead of a phone number, it will send the picture to your email. Might be worth a try. :)

Thank you Karen! I rec'd this beautiful square the other day all the way from Poland! I put a thank you in the HIJ thread but forgot to put one here. Please forgive me! Isn't it beautiful!

That is just beautiful! :clap

Don't be embarrassed. You should see some of the first ones I sent out! :lol I think we are more critical of our own work than others are. I'm sure they are just perfect. Go ahead and send them as people will be happy to get them. :hug

Paula's square is the one on the left. :) Congratulations on the cruise! My husband and I might be going on one. Still not sure yet..

nice square. :U

Archived