Patriots Football Afghan

mseavey2

47b5d910b3127cce9376d643e73d00000016108AZOWbNm5cuG

Being from Maine, I am one of the football fanatics that live here. I just finished crocheting this afghan for my boyfriends sister who's family is a patriot household. This afghan easily fits a twin size bed. The name and emblem I had to cross stitch on, but as you can see by the results it was well worth it. I have a bad habit of never keeping anything I make. I get too much enjoyment giving it away.

oh my neighbors husband would love that! He's a huge Patriots fan =) Great job! You have way more patience than me! I'm guessing that is all sc.... I get bored making a hat or bag out of sc, never in a million years could I get through a twin size blanket!

Actually the whole afghan is done using the afghan stitch. The only portion that I sc'd was the edging. I had to redo the wording on the top because I forgot to center it.:oops:ohdear It definately kept me busy for a while:sweat :sweat

Beautiful Afghan. Lot's of work went into that.:clap

Again Beautiful Afghan, but wrong team. Eagle/Buccaneer fan here.:lol

You did a wonderful job. I don't have the patience for cross stitch. It is a form of sewing,:thumbdown and I don't do that unless there is no way to get around it.

I am sure his sister will love it. Truthfully, any football fan would.;)

I'm with you MaryJo, anything that falls into the sewing catagory makes me shudder lol. I can barely stand using a needle to hide ends in my projects!

Ok, I'm pretty new to afghan stitch (assuming this is the same as Tunisian, with the longer hook?) so this may be a stupid question, but how long of a hook do you have to use to get a blanket that size??? :think

Wow, love that afghan, hate that team! :devil They've whipped my Dolphins too many times. :irk

Seriously, that's really cool! I admire your talent and patience. Hate cross-stitch with a passion, so I doubt I'll ever make something as cool as that.

The gridiron season starts soon, ya know. I :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart football. Can't wait to sit in front of the telly with the hubby rootin' for my team(s)! :yay

{quote}Ok, I'm pretty new to afghan stitch (assuming this is the same as Tunisian, with the longer hook?) so this may be a stupid question, but how long of a hook do you have to use to get a blanket that size??? :think

I used sc in all three of my afghans. I have not tried the afghan stitch or the Tunisian stitch. Sorry not able to help you there.:hook

Ok, I'm pretty new to afghan stitch (assuming this is the same as Tunisian, with the longer hook?) so this may be a stupid question, but how long of a hook do you have to use to get a blanket that size??? :think

I struggled using a 10 inch hook. I have since gone out and purchased a 14 inch hook. I don't know much about Tunisian crochet, but I do believe they are pretty similar.

Gorgeous afghan! Absolutely beautiful!!! I certainly wish I had your patience! I am chomping at the bit for football season to start, I can't wait! :cheer GO RAVENS :cheer

This is great! I did a Green Bay Packers all in sc a few years ago for my nephew. He is still loving it!

Hugs and congrats on a great finish! :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Great job.. One of my Grandsons is a patriots fan..

I made a Dallas for my Husband, Viking for Grandson, and a 49'ers for a nephew.

If I make another I'm going to single crochet instead of afghan stitch..

WOW, that is so awesome! You could Ebay that off and probably get a good price for it...hahaha PATS fans are CRAZY!!!

I have to be careful not to let my boyfriend see that cuz he'll expect me to make him one and I don't have the patience! :)

You did awesome! great job. :clap

Archived