Corner to Corner shell baby afghan

milney

Question

Hi..I'm looking for a baby afghan that starts with one shell in the corner, then two etc until you reach your desired width. Then you start decreasing shells until you have one shell in the opposite corner. This is not a box stitch but a shell stitch. There's also a shell border of several rounds. On the sides there's a chain, then double crochet that looks lacy. But on each corner there's a series of three shells that get wider as the border gets wider. If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate help as to where I can find/buy the book or leaflet. There's a picture of it on the garden web forum under the sub of knitting forum. This is a crochet pattern though. The title of the post is "anyone recognize this pattern". There's a link where you can see the picture of the shell pattern. Thank you. Janice

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/knitting/msg011842439245.html?35

If you go to : http://www.e-patternscentral.com/list.html?cat_id=833 .the afghan called Summer Skies is very similar to the one you're looking for. It doesn't have the same boarder (which is easy to do) but it could be adapted , maybe..the price is only $3.49,,so the cost is cheap..You'd probably need a smaller hook, & different yarn to do a baby sized afghan....I have an old afghan pattern from Leisure Arts by Rena W. Stevens that is similar to the fan pattern that is on Crochetroo;s website. (I can't bear to part with it though) On the same site under baby afghans there is the Pastel Baby Throw...so there are two that might help///I am still gonna work on it when I can..

Admin Note: When a link you try to post appears with a bunch of ***** and does not work, that's because the site has been added to our filters.

We don't publish a list of filtered sites, so you may every now and then try to post a link that has been filtered. If this happens, please edit or delete your post to remove the link and any references to the site in question.

Please do not try to get around the filters in any way (adding spaces to the URL, using a link-shortening-site, etc.).

Hi .. I did search online at Crochet Pattern Central with no luck. Would you be willing to share or could I buy your pattern? I want it sooo bad. Thanks. Janice

Admin Note: Sharing of copyrighted patterns would be copyright infringement and a violation of our forum guidelines. It's also a violation of our forum guidelines to ask another member to share a copy of a copyrighted pattern.

Margaret Hubert's new book "The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet" has a Diagonal Shell pattern written out and stitch diagrammed on Page 61. This could easily be made into a baby blanket by enlarging the base chain to the required size. The pictures in this book are excellent.

Edgehill

I have this book and have had it since 1975.

I don't see any patterns that are even remotely close to

the corner to corner pattern we all want.

The book is by Anne Halliday and is published by

Houghton Mifflin Company.

I am really looking for this pattern too.

scrabble

My daughter and I were searching for this pattern when we came upon your post. We thought is was a shell stitch also. We now think it is actually a diagonal box stitch afghan. I have not seen it done as a shell but you might be able to make a shell in one stitch instead of crocheting a dc in 4th, 5th, 6th stitch. We found the Diagonal box stitch afghan at http://www.crochetcabana.com

I found a pattern that has what look to be identical shells in a bookmark.

http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fan-bookmark (The pictures on Ravelry show more of the details.)

They arn't corner to corner, and I'm not too sure how one would go about turning the shell pattern into a corner to corner afghan. But maybe with some playing around, you could figure out how to make it work.

Best of luck!

Hi..I'm looking for a baby afghan that starts with one shell in the corner, then two etc until you reach your desired width. Then you start decreasing shells until you have one shell in the opposite corner. This is not a box stitch but a shell stitch. There's also a shell border of several rounds. On the sides there's a chain, then double crochet that looks lacy. But on each corner there's a series of three shells that get wider as the border gets wider. If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate help as to where I can find/buy the book or leaflet. There's a picture of it on the garden web forum under the sub of knitting forum. This is a crochet pattern though. The title of the post is "anyone recognize this pattern". There's a link where you can see the picture of the shell pattern. Thank you. Janice

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/knitting/msg011842439245.html?35

It's in a book called "White Crochet Lace by Ondori.The pattern is called "Shell Pattern Tablecolth" & is a graph.

It's in a book called "White Crochet Lace by Ondori.The pattern is called "Shell Pattern Tablecolth" & is a graph.

I can't find this book you are taking about. Seems that Ondori makes several books. Could you lead me in the right direction so I can find this? Thanks!

I can't find this book you are taking about. Seems that Ondori makes several books. Could you lead me in the right direction so I can find this? Thanks!

I have this book and there is a tablecloth. It starts in the middle and goes around and does get square, but is different than the baby one. I did a search and there are a few places that have it with prices starting low and going very high. Here's a picture of the cover.

post-10430-135897573891_thumb.jpg

I just sent a message to the lady who is selling her blankets on ebay. I hope I get a positive response as to the location of the pattern.

Daisy, someone has already received a response from the afghan seller that she does not wish to sell her pattern at this time.

Wow! So much going on in this thread. It's enough to get your head spinning. (If only we had a smiley for that lol)

To the original poster - the Summer Skies afghan is very similar to the pattern you are looking for. (direct link to pattern for sale http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=7267&cat_id=833&criteria=) It is upside down in the picture. It looks like it's made across instead of corner to corner but as many times as this pattern has been looked for - it's probably as close as you're going to get. You could always do the top row of the fan in a different color like the other one.

The page is down for the picture of what you're looking for. It said it had too many hits today or may have been removed.

The corner to corner box st ghans are very pretty too. It's amazing how such different things can have such similar descriptions.

Hi, Janice,

Have you looked in Crochet Pattern Central? I think I saw the pattern there. If not, let me know--I'll look mine up and see if I can find the link.

Collette

That looks like a pattern that everyone was searching for about a year ago here. Someone on Ebay was selling the actual baby blanket. Would love to know if anyone can locate this pattern...it's really, really beautiful!

Archived