Corner to Corner shell baby afghan

milney

Question

Hi..I'm looking for a baby afghan that starts with one shell in the corner, then two etc until you reach your desired width. Then you start decreasing shells until you have one shell in the opposite corner. This is not a box stitch but a shell stitch. There's also a shell border of several rounds. On the sides there's a chain, then double crochet that looks lacy. But on each corner there's a series of three shells that get wider as the border gets wider. If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate help as to where I can find/buy the book or leaflet. There's a picture of it on the garden web forum under the sub of knitting forum. This is a crochet pattern though. The title of the post is "anyone recognize this pattern". There's a link where you can see the picture of the shell pattern. Thank you. Janice

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/knitting/msg011842439245.html?35

I bought this afghan a long time ago from Ebay and have never been able to find the pattern I even ask the seller about selling this pattern and they said no at this time. I think that the pattern is an import and you may not find it so easy. It is a shame it would make a wonderful baby afghan.

I have looked and looked for this and cannot seem to find it anywhere. :thair Of course, someone should know where to find the source or directions. I would love to make this afghan.

Hi Everyone..thanks to all for looking. I've searched for hours looking for the pattern. I haven't even come close so far. Someone has the pattern out there. It must be a closely held secret. I have a new grand child coming. Thought it would be so much fun & different to make. Looks like people long before me have been looking with no luck. I don't think I'll ever find it. Thanks though. Janice

Hi Everyone..thanks to all for looking. I've searched for hours looking for the pattern. I haven't even come close so far. Someone has the pattern out there. It must be a closely held secret. I have a new grand child coming. Thought it would be so much fun & different to make. Looks like people long before me have been looking with no luck. I don't think I'll ever find it. Thanks though. Janice

I definitely agree with that you that it is a lovely stitch. But i just wanted to throw in my 2 cents:lol worth: i think it's possible that there is no written pattern for it. It could be something that the ebay seller made up, or that was handed down through family. they might not want to write up the pattern because they don't enjoy writing patterns, which can be really hard work:eek, or because they prefer to sell the afghans themselves and don't want to undercut that. like you say, many have searched for a pattern and none has been found, so that's why I think it doesn't exist.

I really want to crochet this blanket. I'm going to search for it as well, but it looks like many people have tried and have not found it. It's so beautiful! I make shell blankets all the time...just shells of 5 dc, then a border with shells with 9 dc. But this one looks so sweet and delicate. I love it.

I found this pattern - close to what I am looking for but it is a shell pattern instead of a fan. I will keep looking.

I've used that one for Project Linus Blankets. It's very easy and can be done as a take-along project anywhere.

Red Heart has a "corner to corner throw". Their pattern # LW1595, is that close?

Here's one on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shell-stitch-afghan

Here is the Redheart site pattern: It is for an adult size, but you can make it as big or as little as you like.

http://www.redheart.com/Libraries/ProductDocuments/704/LW1595.pdf

Hi..thanks to you both for the Red Heart link. The pattern is a neat one too. I have my heart set on finding the other pattern. I think I'm out of luck luck. The pattern doesn't seem to be out there anywhere. Keep looking, please. Janice

I wrote a note to Mary Maxim and asked if it was one of their patterns and the answer was no.

Maybe someone knows of another site to enquire.

scrabble:yes

Archived