Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it's not too late to join in on this thread.

I love the instant gratification of making dishcloths and all the fun colors of cotton. I recently made this bobble one (pattern from Michael's website) and thought it would be harder than it was. It was definitely much easier than I thought. I used Red Heart Eco-Cotton Blend (75% recycled cotton, 25% acrylic).

I am looking forward to going back and checking out all of the other great dishcloths in this thread. :)

Another pretty dishcloth!

Here's my basic cloth - very loose and stretchy, so easy to use (for me) I hope whoever wins will enjoy it, too!:hook

Here's the pattern: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1853369&postcount=1

Pretty, it looks like the variegated yarn almost made a diagonal pattern in the cloth. BTW, that is one of my favorite dishcloth patterns. It's not as fancy as some, but it really works well.

Here are the two that I made.

This may be a little off topic for this board, but when I was making the star dishcloth, I had to use hdc to replace the middle few dc to help it take its shape. Otherwise, it just would look like a pentagon with a hole in the middle. Anyone know why? I tried to crochet tightly but that didn't seem to help.

I've never made a star dishcloth, (although I was thinking of making one for this contest), so I can't help you. Your cloths look very nice despite your difficulties.

BTW: Jennifer, what kind of yarn did you use? It's beautiful...

I was wondering that too. The yarn has such a pretty sheen to it.

The pink parts are Sugar n Creme Twists: Rose Twist and the blue green is Sugar n Creme Stripes: Country Stripes

Here are the two that I made.

This may be a little off topic for this board, but when I was making the star dishcloth, I had to use hdc to replace the middle few dc to help it take its shape. Otherwise, it just would look like a pentagon with a hole in the middle. Anyone know why? I tried to crochet tightly but that didn't seem to help.

Very pretty!:clap

I'd have to see the pattern you used...sorry...can't help based on what you've said here.

Wow, y'all have been chatty today! :) I love seeing all the dishcloths. They are all so different. It's fantastic.

I didn't manage to get my dishcloths put in the mail today. :blush I'll make sure they are packaged and ready to go for Monday.

Morning ladies -

Here are 3 dishcloths that I have done :

All the patterns were found online -

The green one is called Textured Stripes.

The pink and purple is called Seed Stitch crochet dishcloth

The blue one, I found the pattern online ,but don't remember where or what it's called .

I'll try it later today. Have to get moving this AM.

Morning ladies -

The blue one, I found the pattern online ,but don't remember where or what it's called .

Nice!!:cheer

post-18634-135897551825_thumb.jpg

GOOD MORNING ALL..............

So sorry I havent been around the last couple days .....

We have been finishing up baseball tournaments for the boys!

Davids team took 5th place. he's my youngest -9yrs old

Michael's team took 1st place. he's 11yrs old

Patrick's team took 2nd place. he's 14yrs old

I love all the dishcloths that are being made... and thank you all for sharing all the great patterns!

I have one dishcloth done. I may make another ... but if not.. I have my one done :hook

I'll post a pic in a bit. I'm off to get a refill on my coffee!

Morning ladies -

Julie............those are awesome!!!!

:heart

:mug

Thanks, Tam !

And great job to the boys . ( Forgot to say I LOVE the team photo on your blog of them -)- whoever took it made them look so cool ,like they are a pro-team that could beat Cleveland Indians .

* They probably could !!!

Archived