Dog Bone

crochetdiva

Andrea, here's mine. Your pattern was so easy to follow. I may make a matching rug with my leftover yarn! I used 2 strands yellow Mainstay, and 2 strands blue Red Heart. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I just love it!!!:manyheart

PICT1256_edited.jpg

I'm afraid mine doesn't look quite like yours, but I am happy with it!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debi, you did a wonderful job!!!! I love it in the different colors. Very chic. Thanks for trying out the pattern. I am glad it didn't drive you crazy. How many stitches did you use in your starting chain? :manyheart

Thank you for the pattern. It worked up great. I agree, the design of the corners was shear genius. Here it is done with some chunky bernat yarn, color citron (some perfect yarn from a RAOK, thanks again, fairy): Ok, here is the link because for some reason, even when I resize the pics they are comming out too big. (new problem, don't know what is up with that)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/chris463/dogbonemat.jpg

After making this, I think I am going to add one to my Christmas list for my Daughter's new MIL in cutsie colors. (she has a little long hair Chihuahua named Jasmine (Jazzie for short).

Andrea if the magazines that you submitted the pattern to doesn't take it, they are nuts, I loved making it and whenever I see anyones finished mat, I want to make another one in another color, I just love them:manyheart Remember me for any other tests!!!!!!! :hug Maria

Thanks Andrea, I did one last night for

th_fce02ae9.jpg

"Puppa", my dog.

This is how it turned out:

(Click on pic's to enlarge)

th_3a58d4f9.jpg

th_0be12f17.jpg

If I was you, I would copyright this one, or whatever it is that you do, and contract with a petstore to make and sell to them or something, this is one that could really make it out there.

Three things:

1. Easy

2. Funtional

3. Nice Looking

As you can see, my doggy is pretty happy with his new little bonerug. I made another one too for his doggyfriend. Pattern was very easy to make, and thanks AJ for sharing this cute pattern. Who doesn't like to make something for their dog, right?

32416445_74244b094f.jpg

Andrea, the mats are amazing, each time I see a new picture of one I love them even more, I made 2 so far and now I'm sorry I didn't make mine more colorful, but I have an idea, I love the holidays so much I'm thinking of making an orange & black one for halloween, a red & green one for christmas, etc... :c9

Here are my versions of Andrea's dog bone pattern!

DogBoneRugs.jpg

The top one is done in three strands of RH Tweed - Moss and an M hook. The bottom one is done in two strands of Yarn Bee Highland Thistle in Shetland (from Hobby Lobby) and an M hook. The Tweed one turned out very tailored, but the bottom one is very fuzzy and funky looking - I love it!! Thanks again for the pattern, Andrea!!

Laurie:hook

Archived