Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else having their sc squares curl in half? Should I iron them or will they calm down when I stitch them together with the others?

Mine were curly too. I think its because I don't know how to keep my starting chain straight. I try, but I just can't. Mine were fine once they were sewn to the other squares.

Hey guys

Here's a photo of my Jackson afghan .

Here is my finished blanket. Its a little over 40 inches square.

Oh ladies............those came out GREAT! WOW!!

I cant wait to be able to get mine done!

I just am so focused on hubby's Valentine Flannel'ghan... I've set this aside.

I love you afghans!!!

:heart

:mug

Got all the DC squares done!:cheer:crocheting.

So while I've been sitting here :crocheting my little hands off I forgot that I was sitting on train tracks and there was an oncoming freight train, known as an 8 am math test. I ran out to walmart for caffeine pills and saw that they had bras on sale for three dollars. When I asked the cashier why she said that they just got new stock in that was identical or nearly identical to the old stock, so they put the old stock on sale. When you have identical non perishable items like bras why put the old stuff on clearance?:think

Is anyone else having their sc squares curl in half? Should I iron them or will they calm down when I stitch them together with the others?

When joined they're fine;)

Hey guys

Here's a photo of my Jackson afghan .

Beautiiful!!!!:clap:clap

Good morning, fellow shipmates. I've been enjoying the pictures of the finished afghans. You ladies are doing a GREAT job !!!

I'm still working on the dc squares. Yes, I'm falling behind. But this will NOT become an abandoned project. It will be on hold during the Crochet Games, but I will finish it. I don't want the Captain making me swab the decks. LOL

Off to work, I go. Have a good day, everyone.

Very nice...

I got another square and a half done...I'm going back and forth about colors. Part of me wants to do the whole thing in one color, but then I think about using black and burgandy (current squares are in pink...) but I'm still mulling this over in my head.

Ahoy, mates.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blanket. I'm just relieved to have that behind me.

Since I can't start the flannelghan until tomorrow evening, I have started a market bag. (at least I hope that it turns into a market bag.) I started out using a pattern, but it didn't seem to be working out well, so now I'm doing my own thing. we'll see what comes out of this.

AARRGGHH!!! This old pirate be having troubles with the dc squares. The first two came out just a smidge over 8 inches which is okay. The third one is either under 8 inches or well over 8 inches. I've frogged the blasted thing four times now. :think Well, I'll keep at it until it comes out right proper and pretty.

How is everyone today?

AARRGGHH!!! This old pirate be having troubles with the dc squares. The first two came out just a smidge over 8 inches which is okay. The third one is either under 8 inches or well over 8 inches. I've frogged the blasted thing four times now. :think Well, I'll keep at it until it comes out right proper and pretty.

How is everyone today?

On one or two of my DC squares I ended up putting a hdc on the last row. DC made it too big.:yes

Archived