Another purse finished

swymm

This purse is my favorite so far. It is the 6th I have made, I wrote about them on my blog if you're interested in that. www.bofwh.blogspot.com

This purse is my own design, made from mill end yarn picked at AC Moore in Concord NC an I wish I had bought more of it. I'm pretty sure it is acrylic. I worked it double strand in a tight single crochet in the round. The straps were long narrow strips that I sewed together around shoelaces to prevent streching. I used 3 layers of quilters template plastic to stiffen the bottom and lined the bag with a stiffly interfaced 2-layer lining. The bag has anexterior pocket and 2 interior pockets, it closes with velcro and a loop/button.

post-22335-13589748267_thumb.jpg

post-22335-135897482675_thumb.jpg

post-22335-135897482678_thumb.jpg

Beautifully done, Swymm! It looks wonderfully roomy and well bodied, certain to serve you well for some time. I love the colors and striping of your chosen yarn, too -Nice design all around! Thanks for sharing.

Your bag is beautiful and you did a great follow-through on the details. I really appreciate a crafter who spends the extra time it takes to stabilize the bottom, add pockets and a lining, and to make sure that the straps don't stretch. This is the mark of a good designer.

Archived