2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

different week same score.

WTD 0

we are leaving for vacation next friday. don't have a laptop and don't know if I will be able to post the next 2 saturdays. don't see much change happening though.

Well I am having to repost again because I went and got two skeins of yarn so -4 for a new score for the weekending July 17,2010:

WTD:-4/YTD:-76

I love the pics! They are very cute. They'd make great gifts.
Thanks!

Wow, you have alot of coaster/face cloths!!! They look like flowers, you can border them and make an afghan out of it :think Just a thought since you already have soo many :yes
I have to admit that I've probably made six or seven of them since I took the pics; it's a great way to use up leftover cotton. I thought about an afghan, but right now I have no inclination to make one out of them.

Love them! The last pic makes me think of a funky scarf. Maybe you could :crocheting them together some how :think. Is there a pattern or just circles with a shell edging :think?

Ellie 13

Thanks! No pattern; just circles with a shell edging.

I love those, they are so cute! Let us know what you decide to do with them
Thanks! Right now I'm strongly leaning towards gifting them. I've been toying with the idea of making some matching washcloths, putting them in mini wicker laundry baskets, maybe add some small bottles of bath soaps and lotions, and giving them to my aunts and cousins for Christmas.

I used up 5 skeins of cotton this week! I wasn't planning on buying any yarn, but I found a lone skein of Caron One Pound Yarn on clearance for 2.99 at work on Friday, so of course I had to give it a new home.:devilWTD: +8

The Medal Winners:

Braxxi +10 Gold Medal!:cheer:cheer:cheer

dragonpuck +9 Silver Medal!:cheer:cheer:cheer

yarngeek +8 Bronze Medal!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Great Job, winners!:woo

Using up yarn!:c9

Ellie +6

Basjordan +6

Anu-Monty +3

QuietHeart +2

gshall +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Remaining the Same!

:DPBLKNP 0

Lady Rebel 0

DesertCrocheter 0

CLLinda 0

Dilyca2006 0

PineKnott 0

New Yarn to play in!:clap

Walker1021 -4

fc1123 -4

Mollyanna -6

"Shoot the Moon Winner" with a -12 score is our very own jura2908!:cheer:clap:cheer

Congratulations to Everyone! What a great week of stashbusting!

:manyheart

The Medal Winners:

Ellie +6

Basjordan +6

Anu-Monty +3

QuietHeart +2

gshall +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Remaining the Same!

Lady Rebel 0

DesertCrocheter 0

CLLinda 0

Dilyca2006 0

PineKnott 0

Walker1021 -4

fc1123 -4

Mollyanna -6

"Shoot the Moon Winner" with a -12 score is our very own jura2908!:cheer:clap:cheer

Congratulations everyone! Great scores! Such a little bit of yarn difference from Gold Medal to Shoot the moon, everyone is doing so good this year stash busting!!

WOW! I didn't expect to get the GOLD with only +10! :D

Guess that makes up for getting SHOOT THE MOON 2 weeks in a row!

I used up three points of yarn today. Making a lot of dishcloths. Using up those 80 cent skeins from Michael's. Just love cotton yarn!

Keep up the good work everyone in Stashbusting.

Good golly, we may have to have a "Build the Stash" thread next year to counterbalance the past few years of stashbusting. So many of us have been so good at busting and not buying for a few years now, we're having these really low shoot the moon scores. Good for us!

But I miss wishing I was the person with a shoot the moon score of -56 or -80. Daydreaming about what that pile of yarn must look like. C'mon, someone do some shopping so I can live vicariously! That dratted roof repair this spring totally ruined all my yarn fun.

Patty

I used up another 3 points of yarn yesterday, making dishcloths, but then I bought a huge skein of yarn at JoAnn's for a total addition of 1 point. But at least it's a point.

The Medal Winners:

Ellie +6

Basjordan +6

Anu-Monty +3

QuietHeart +2

gshall +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Remaining the Same!

Lady Rebel 0

DesertCrocheter 0

CLLinda 0

Dilyca2006 0

PineKnott 0

Walker1021 -4

fc1123 -4

Mollyanna -6

:faint I medaled?! I thought that was never going to happen.:lol

Used up a skein and rolled another into a ball for a WTD+3, which gives me a YTD-2. I may actually make it to the positives (thought still have to buy yarn for Chritmas presents!)

It's too hot to work on the afghan, it's so big. I used 2 small balls making smilie pins for a friend (+2), I need 30 by July 31st. I used a ball and rolled a skein down (+2) :cheer. 2 more Christmas stockings done. I have to get my garden weeded, so I might not get too much :crocheting in before Sat.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 90

Ellie 13

Archived