Pot Holders/Dish Cloths for Fair- The Results are in.

CroJulee

UPDATE: I got a First Place Ribbon for each one of the sets below (2 dishcloths, 2 potholders, 2 knit dishcloths). Here are some dishcloths and pot holders I'll be entering in the fair tomorrow:

post-4632-135897438138_thumb.jpg

post-4632-13589743814_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897438142_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897438145_thumb.jpg

Thanks every body!!

I don't have a pattern for the potholders and I'm not sure if there is a pattern out there for them. I made my first one after seeing something similar along time ago.

Julee

Oo, I'm hoping so. Think Blue, Think Blue, Think best of class. We'll see. Quality wise, compared to last years kitchen items, my pot holders and dishcloths would kick booty but you just never know this year. No pride there either. I just wasn't impressed with the quality (or lack there of) in some of the items.

Julee

Those are really nice! I love the potholders.... there is a pattern... I saw it once, I may have the link saved in my favorites, will have to check. Also the dishcloths are really cute.... Do you have a pattern for that one?.... Hmmm I wonder if it could be made for a hotpad? Great work! Thanks for sharing...Good luck at the fair! GBU:):)

Hi Dawn,

Thanks!! I'll be going down to the fair in 4-5 hours to see what I got ribbon wise. This year will be a total toss up.

I don't have a pattern for the RR dishcloth but I'll work on that later though.

Julee

Those are really nice! I love the potholders.... there is a pattern... I saw it once, I may have the link saved in my favorites, will have to check. Also the dishcloths are really cute.... Do you have a pattern for that one?.... Hmmm I wonder if it could be made for a hotpad? Great work! Thanks for sharing...Good luck at the fair! GBU:):)

:(Well, the link I had with the similar potholder, they have taken down all there free crochet patterns.... BUT I found one similar on e-PatternsCentral..... the cost is $2.69 for the pattern..... I like yours the best.... Here is the link:

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=2467&cat_id=335&criteria= And second link to similar potholder:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Jeanaries/Pot-Holder.html

I meant to ask, did you do double thickness on your potholders? ..... I hope you win a blue big time.... You are soooo talented.... GBU!:manyheart

Ribbon-y best wishes showing your goods at the fair, CroJulee! Your dishcloths and pot holders sure look like winners to me!

Hi, Just got back from the fair a while ago.

I got a BLUE (first) for each of the sets I have posted in this thread. A Red (second) for a hat I entered that I thought looked pretty good But oh well.

And..........

RESERVE Champion on my Pineapple shawl. Woopi!!

Julee

Archived