Pagan's Fuzzy Blue Chicken Coat

jennawing

It reminds me of a baby chicken- only blue! :P

She was very excited to try it on, but not so happy about having her picture made.

It's too hot for a coat, Mama!

http://critterscoop.com/blog/media/blogs/cs/paypoo%20fuzzy%20coat2.jpg

The coat NOT on, which was much easier to get a picture of! Of course I am sure the neighbors think I am crazy sitting in the middle of the grass dressing and undressing a dog :wink

http://critterscoop.com/blog/media/blogs/cs/paypoo%20fuzzy%20coat.jpg

1 skein of SS eco and 2 balls of funfur. I don't mind funfur as long as you crochet it WITH the ss. Funfur by itself is a nightmare!

Well, she's a very STYLIN dog, yes she is! There is NO WAY any of mine would allow me to dress them :lol Good job, both of you :)

I love it!! I need to make something like that for my little maltese mix in a green to go with my user name. :devil You did a great job. BTW I personally think it is fun to make the neighbors wonder what I'm doing. It is one of my life goals to drive them nuts. :lol

Wow that is beautiful... Your doggie wears it well it suits her nicely..

Which pattern did you use was it free online?

I'm always looking for patterns for dioggie sweaters for my charity donations ...

Thanks so much!

It's based on this coat: http://www.geocities.com/pink_polar_bear_66/CPpulloverdogsweater.html

The collar/bands are Simply soft eco. The main coat body is funfur and eco together. I used an H hook throughout.

I just didn't do the split belly- made a few decreases and kept crocheting in the round. I did this mainly because any funfur or pooch, etc is always furrier on the wrong side. For this reason, I also worked the whole thing wrong side out. Then I made bands for the arms and bottom (just like the collar, only smaller) which I sewed on after. It's not easy to get on like if I had followed the pattern, but Paypoo loves her clothes and doesn't wriggle away, so it worked out okay.

Thank you for telling us where the pattern is and sharing your modifications. Amazing Grace's 'got ya birthday' is in August (anniversary of when we rescued her) and a green fuzzy one would be perfect gift for then so she will have it for when the autumn weather come on.

Ah how sweet! Great Idea!

This is an early birthday present for Pagan, too. She will be 4 July 15. She is a rescue of sorts, too- she was given to be by the breeder when she was 9 months old after she was returned several times for being such a fraidy cat (she was also too small to breed). They didn't give her a chance, really. It took a few months but she grew very confident with us. All the better for me! I can't be sorry they didn't take the time to discover what a sweet and funny little dog she is!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's so cute. I need to make something for my two; a Bassett Hound named Angel and a Cocker Spaniel named Sophie. post-30955-135897439956_thumb.jpg

I'll keep this in my file. Thanks.

post-30955-13589743996_thumb.jpg

Archived