What is your favorite Granny Square pattern & why?

I am intrigued by granny squares right now. I am in the process of looking for a more "closed" granny pattern and while searching (and "no" I haven't found one yet :eek) I started wondering what everyone's favorite pattern was and why?

Marie

My fav is the Carousel Square by Priscilla Hewitt It is more closed and has fp dc stitches radiating out from the center. It can be done in one or 2 colors and is stunning.

2nd would be any type of spider stitch square.

3rd is the butterfly square by Chris Simon

and 4th is the Victorian Dream Square I found on Crochet Pattern Central

I really have many favs for different reasons, speed, type of yarn, etc..., but for looks I go for these 4.

The Granny a la Harper is my all time favourite granny. It is so adaptable and works up very quickly for the charity events.

I can make enough of these in any colour combos that I can think to try to complete a lapghan in a weekend. Love it.

Guess it is now time to see if I can manage that continuous join for this. it should be do-able :think

This square is similar to the never-ending square but it has x-stitches across the rows, which gives it a bit more dimension. Right now I'm beginning to wish I'd never seen this square though. I'm finishing making 195 of them for an afghan quilt for my DS & DIL's first anniversary-then I get to put it all together. I may wait a while before I make this square again. :lol

Here's the Never-ending Granny Square link. Very easy and looks great.:c9

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

Archived