Irish Crochet Butterfly for Class

Katchkan

post-709-135897416141_thumb.jpg

I have been toying with the idea of offering a class here for some Irish Crochet. But have wasn't sure of the format I wanted to try. I finally decided that doing a small piece with some of the the techniques for a class would be the best way to go about it. Probably end up doing a series of classes covering different aspects of Irish Crochet. So I have been playing around with this piece trying to create something that is totally doable while still teaching some of the basic. I chose to concentrate on the rings and working over a padding cord for this one.

I probably won't have the class ready until September, But I wanted to get some feedback from everyone.

I did this one in size 10 thread with my 7/1.65 hook in a light pink. It is 6 inches wide by 4.5 inches tall. I intend to do on in size 100 thread for myself to use as a lapel pin. But that will be when I am done with getting the class written up.

So what do you think? Would this make a good class project?

post-709-135897416143_thumb.jpg

Oh wow! If you do this class I will have to take it. Time to start saving my cash so I can. I LOVE you work Kathy. Of course my favorite pieces you have done are your beaded dragon purse and the unicorn and dragon wallhanings because I collect mythical things however, your doilies are just fantastic! I own several of your doily patterns and as soon as I get a job I am buying the beaded purse and the wall hangings.

Very pretty! What level class would this be? The butterfly looks very intricate. I love your work! :manyheart
I would say if you are a moderate crocheter you should be able to handle the techniques.

The butterfly is stunning. I would love to crochet one, unfortunately, as I only have access to internet at work, my boss would frown upon doing a class. You really do incredible work. Thank you for sharing.

Archived