A RAOK Crochet-a-long!! Join in for fun!

JoBug

Okay friends, here we go!! This Crochet Along is for gifting, ROAK'ing.. please join up if you can, even if you can make ONE thing a week to RAOK, it would make someones day, or even month!!

For The Villes ROAK, all you have to do is look through the wish lists, pick out someone and PM that cordinator for their address. Now remember to look, MANY people would just love something made by you, so make whatever you want and you can find someone for sure who will love it!!

Me, I am going to be working on small stuff. Dishclothes, coasters, like that, oh and bookmarks.

PLEASE feel free to post your finished pics.just dont post who your sending to if it is on the Ville here..lol..sure they can snoop and see AFTER they got it, but so what, it is the thought that counts!! We CAN post links to our favorite patterns....Amy will post with some guidelines for anyone who has questions about what types of pattern links can and can't be posted. PLEASE feel free to PM her if you have ANY question about what you can and can't post.

Yarn, hook, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADMIN NOTE ABOUT RAOK GUIDELINES: I've been thinking about how to make this thread work in light of our RAOK guidelines. There could be some potential problems, so I thought I'd post a recommendation on how to avoid them. Our RAOK guidelines are set up so that people won't be able to track who has sent what RAOKs to whom (why public thank-you posts only mention "fairy godmother" and not a Villager by name). It's set up this way to protect the feelings of Villagers, and make sure that we don't create an "in crowd" and an "out crowd." We need to make sure that the items shown in this thread are not easily trackable through the RAOK program.

People may be participating in the RAOK program here, in a RAOK program on another website, or intending the items they make for distribution locally or to friends who aren't part of Crochetville. For now, I think the easiest thing will be just for people not to specify anything about where the items will be sent. So just show us what you've made, without divulging anything about the person for whom the items are intended.

If we later see that members are cross-referencing this thread with the RAOK threads, attempting to determine who has sent what to whom, then we may have to come up with a different plan. If that happens, and you have an idea on how to handle that particular problem, please send me a PM. Let's not clog up this thread with that type of discussion.

Hugs JoBug..and I wont be posting anything until tommorow as I have a PLATE full today.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really sweet idea, JoBug! I have a couple of things to finish up, but then I will join in. Bookmarks and smaller items really aren't too hard to make or too expensive to mail. I am not sure what I will make, but I will check back in a couple of days and let you know. :manyheart

I will try this also. Sounds like fun -- but I will need some clarification as it progresses (or as I progress). First time for everything, right? As I cannot access wish lists yet, I will make for friends and family here in Pittsburgh. Anyone know a good hockey pattern?

Here is the clarification about posting pattern links that JoBug said I would post for everyone. Members can definitely post links to free patterns that are available online or patterns that are available for sale! (Just keep in mind our free advertising policies--you can't post about patterns that you are selling personally.) That's one of the best things about Crochetville----finding out about all sorts of wonderful patterns out there.

All links should be to sites that are compliant with copyright law. Posting a link to a pattern on the designer's own website is fine. Posting links to patterns on yarn company websites is fine. Posting links to a site selling patterns with permission of the copyright holders is okay (as long as the site is not yours and you're not profiting from sale of the pattern).

There are a couple types of links that are not fine:

• Links to sites that allow posting of photos or scanned images of copyrighted patterns without permission of the copyright holder.
  • Links to unlicensed patterns of trademarked/copyrighted logos/characters/images/etc. (Just because something is available on the internet doesn't mean it is licensed.)

If anyone has a question about whether a link you want to post is fine with our guidelines, you can always send it to me in a PM and I'll be happy to let you know. If somebody makes an innocent mistake and posts a link we can't allow, don't worry. I won't come to your house and confiscate all your yarn and hooks! I promise! I'll just delete the link, and send you a nice PM explaining why there was a problem with the link.

I am always available by PM if people have any questions about anything at Crochetville. I like talking with our members! :yes

Hi, JoBug!

what a thoughtful and wonderful idea:manyheart

I would love to join you all, but am a little confused...

:thinkHow can I tell which WishLists are open? I went over there, but :shrugI couldn't seem to figure it out

sorry if I sound :loco...any help would be appreciated:blush

Thanks! ...Looking forward to making someone's day...

So we're only allowed to post links to free pattern? What if we find something wonderful that's a pay for pattern?

No, I'm just brain-dead! For some reason, I was focusing on free patterns. You can still link to patterns that are for sale (as long as it's not your own pattern). I'll go edit my post to clarify.

I went back to read the other thread to figure out why I was originally only talking about free patterns, and it's because a question was raised specifically about links to free patterns.

But since links to for-sale patterns are allowed (as long as they comply with our free advertising policies), it's a good idea to go ahead and add that information to my post.

How nice of you to think of this!!! A really great idea. So many ville people who deserve to be RAOK'd. I have bunches of ideas, and things I like making that should have good homes. As soon as I catch up on some charity stuff, I will be back.

Amy, Are you going to be joining us in this CAL?

I just love doing special little things to surprise special people that can use a pick me up.

Most likely not, at least as far as sending RAOKs to other Crochetville members. My very little free time available for making things for others is taken up with making prayer shawls for my church's prayer shawl ministry, since I am the chair of that particular ministry program.

Since it would not be possible for me to send RAOKs to everyone participating here at Crochetville, I wouldn't want to run the risk that some people might think I was playing favorites (as co-owner of this site) in selecting recipients for RAOK items I created. I wouldn't want anybody to feel bad that I didn't select their particular wish list to grant a request. As much fun as this would be, it's probably best for me to just stand back and watch the fun.

Most likely not, at least as far as sending RAOKs to other Crochetville members. My very little free time available for making things for others is taken up with making prayer shawls for my church's prayer shawl ministry, since I am the chair of that particular ministry program.

Since it would not be possible for me to send RAOKs to everyone participating here at Crochetville, I wouldn't want to run the risk that some people might think I was playing favorites (as co-owner of this site) in selecting recipients for RAOK items I created. I wouldn't want anybody to feel bad that I didn't select their particular wish list to grant a request. As much fun as this would be, it's probably best for me to just stand back and watch the fun.

Good point. I'd love to see pics of your prayer shawls tho.

Good point. I'd love to see pics of your prayer shawls tho.

Maybe one day I'll remember to take pictures of them before I take them up to the church. I think I've got pics of some on my blog from awhile back. It's been a long time since I've taken any pictures of any that I've made.

Okay!! I am so happy to see so many on board already!! Woo Hoooooo now, if i MAY, I would like to explain a couple things myself...about myself..lol

For those of you who don't know, I suffer from End Stage Lupus, dont feel sorry for me, I am fine, but the reasoning I am telling you all this in here is because I would VERY much like everyone to help out here with questions and stuff, cause I am not always capable of posting, coherently anyways, soemtines when my morphine pump kicks in, I can get REAL goofy, and you wont be able to make heads or tails out of what I ppost, so at them times, I TRY to stay away from posting, so 1. I dont look stupid and 2. I dont post a wrong thing. So just so you all know, though MY WHOLE heart and soul is in on this CAL.

No, it doenst HAVE to be for someone here you may RAOK anyone, someone in your family, yor church, a freind, someone at work, someone at the grocery store, you get the idea, right? COOL..lets have fun!!

Oh, and who asked about the RAOK lists, the locked ones just mean you cant add to that list, you CAN RAOK anyone from ANY of the lists!! If you have problems please PM me, or anyone here, we will help

Oh and NO it doesnt HAVE to be once a week, hey life happens, so say once a month? Casuse I too sometimes coant live up to my own dreams.

k, I amath the stage I cant type

Love to all!!

JoAnn

As I said in the other thread, I'm in. I got so gunho I started yesterday since I finished up 2 of my three WIPS over the weekend. I figured I'd spend my day off making little items instead of starting a big one. I have 5 items completed, now just to figure out who to send to...oh, and pictures! :cheer

I love playing Santa!!! :santa

:turtle:vheart

I would like to be the first to share some (I think) awesome free pattern links to wonderful ROAK projects. These are free patterns on my blog so many of you have probably seen them already.

Survivors Shawl

pdf download page

4" Prayer Cloth

in Filet

Feel the Wuv Heart

I was just looking for a heart coaster yesterday! This is perfect! TFS!

:turtle:vheart

Archived