A RAOK Crochet-a-long!! Join in for fun!

JoBug

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just looking for a heart coaster yesterday! This is perfect! TFS!

:turtle:vheart

Hey Rose Red, when I clicked on the prayer cloth, it shuts down my internet exporer, is it just me? Proboly..lol.... just curious, I did it three times all the same, aborted.....humpppppppppp

Hey Rose Red, when I clicked on the prayer cloth, it shuts down my internet exporer, is it just me? Proboly..lol.... just curious, I did it three times all the same, aborted.....humpppppppppp

It's been doing that to me too. Not all the time but most of the time. I think it has something to do with Blogger because I tried it with a couple other blogs and it did the same thing.

I use Mozilla Firefox to surf the net so I didn't notice it for a while. I use the homepage tabs on IE to surf my daily free pattern sites. I have a widget doohicky on the blog that has a free pattern everyday. Some days it shuts down - some days it doesn't. Weird.

ROAK stands for Random Acts Of Kindness

Just doing something nice for someone because it's nice to do nice things.

ROAK stands for Random Acts Of Kindness

Just doing something nice for someone because it's nice to do nice things.

Thank you! I've been trying to figure it out since I joined the 'Ville. I couldn't even come up with it based on context.

So yeah, I'm all about this CAL! I can't access the wish lists on here yet, but will do some around here until I can. Then, I'll do both! :manyheart

I'm totally in on this one... This may help me stay focused on getting some of these done that I have been wanting to do!!!

:heart

:mug

I've got some addresses! Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted tonight and mail them off tomorrow!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Here's what I have made so far. 3 magnets (2 flowers and 1 turtle), a granny square and a crochet hook holder (holds scissors, row counter, etc). 3 packages are packed up and dh will send them out tomorrow! 2 more should go out on Thursday!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/Dwarf9/DSCN2908.jpg

I've got some addresses! Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted tonight and mail them off tomorrow!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Here's what I have made so far. 3 magnets (2 flowers and 1 turtle), a granny square and a crochet hook holder (holds scissors, row counter, etc). 3 packages are packed up and dh will send them out tomorrow! 2 more should go out on Thursday!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/Dwarf9/DSCN2908.jpg

Sue, GREAT JOB!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!! I LOVE that crochet hook holder!! Lots of pretties there.

HUGS

JoAnn

Hi friends,

Today=a BAD day physically for me, so :( no crocheting, BUT I have a line up ready for tommorow, I am for REAL going to make a few of these

http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/2007/11/free-pattern-prayer-cloth-filet.html

Prayer cloths from Rose Reds blog free pattern, thanks so much for sharing it! So tommorow goal is 2 prayer clothes, and two dish clothes.

I am making me up a calander to keep my goals real, I am being realistic and putting it TWICE a week on my clander...

Hey, does anyone here know how to do a spread sheet? So I can know who I send out to, and what list from? Or I wil jsut buy a notebook and write it out..lol...I could do that too I guess....lol

Well anyways, I was in bed most of the day today.....

I MAY do a bookmark yet tonight....cause its a short week, and I want to get someting in that I can mail out right aaway.

Hugs

JoBug

Sue, very pretty!! I love that variegated yarn.

I finished 2 of my major WIP's yesterday so I will be starting on this tomorrow. :clap

I could also help with a spread sheet. Just let me know (PM if you'd like) how you want it done. of course, you're welcome to use whoever you'd like to make the spread sheet...I won't be offended if it's not me. :yes

You ladies are the best!!

Look at this pretty ghan, I am thinking of someone very special to make it for..it is a buy pattern, but very pretty, I think well worth the price..

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25512000

about the spreadsheet, I will let you all know, thanks sooooooooooo much!!!! What I am looking for is a sheet I can put all the lists on, and post numbers, then I can check them off as I send to it..is THAT possible??? lol, I am so dumb when it comes to that stuff..lol

about the spreadsheet, I will let you all know, thanks sooooooooooo much!!!! What I am looking for is a sheet I can put all the lists on, and post numbers, then I can check them off as I send to it..is THAT possible??? lol, I am so dumb when it comes to that stuff..lol

I'm also throwing my name in the hat to help with a spreadsheet. I make them here at work all the time. The big boss feeds on them! :lol Everything MUST be put in a spreadsheet or he doesn't want to see it!

Thanks for the nice comments on what I made. Hopefully in the next week the receiptents will like them as well. There were a couple secret gifts in with the handmade ones. :D

Today is work on RAOK day stuff, because I have to work at the nursing home with Mr Carl, I am his personal assistant nurse, hired by the family, it is just spending time with him, and I get to crochet!!! So I am hoping to turn out at leaste a couple things today!!

HUGS

JoAnn

oh and I will let you all know tommorow about the spreadsheet thing.....can you print it out for me too? LOL, I am a do do brain when it comes to that stuff..lol

I would like to join in. I have quite a few WIP's that I need to finish ASAP. It's finishing month in the Sky CAL...

This will be fun as I have been wanting to RAOK people for awhile now. I probably will only get 1 or 2 things out a month though.

Will be updating my wish list this week and I encourage others to do the same.

ADMIN NOTE ABOUT RAOK GUIDELINES: I've been thinking about how to make this thread work in light of our RAOK guidelines. There could be some potential problems, so I thought I'd post a recommendation on how to avoid them. Our RAOK guidelines are set up so that people won't be able to track who has sent what RAOKs to whom (why public thank-you posts only mention "fairy godmother" and not a Villager by name). It's set up this way to protect the feelings of Villagers, and make sure that we don't create an "in crowd" and an "out crowd." We need to make sure that the items shown in this thread are not easily trackable through the RAOK program.

People may be participating in the RAOK program here, in a RAOK program on another website, or intending the items they make for distribution locally or to friends who aren't part of Crochetville. For now, I think the easiest thing will be just for people not to specify anything about where the items will be sent. So just show us what you've made, without divulging anything about the person for whom the items are intended.

If we later see that members are cross-referencing this thread with the RAOK threads, attempting to determine who has sent what to whom, then we may have to come up with a different plan. If that happens, and you have an idea on how to handle that particular problem, please send me a PM. Let's not clog up this thread with that type of discussion.

To make sure everyone posting in this thread has read this message, I've also edited JoBug's first post in the thread to include this message.

You ladies are the best!!

Look at this pretty ghan, I am thinking of someone very special to make it for..it is a buy pattern, but very pretty, I think well worth the price..

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25512000

That is so simple in design, but so elegant looking. Lucky person...

ADMIN NOTE ABOUT RAOK GUIDELINES: I've been thinking about how to make this thread work in light of our RAOK guidelines. There could be some potential problems, so I thought I'd post a recommendation on how to avoid them. Our RAOK guidelines are set up so that people won't be able to track who has sent what RAOKs to whom (why public thank-you posts only mention "fairy godmother" and not a Villager by name). It's set up this way to protect the feelings of Villagers, and make sure that we don't create an "in crowd" and an "out crowd." We need to make sure that the items shown in this thread are not easily trackable through the RAOK program.

People may be participating in the RAOK program here, in a RAOK program on another website, or intending the items they make for distribution locally or to friends who aren't part of Crochetville. For now, I think the easiest thing will be just for people not to specify anything about where the items will be sent. So just show us what you've made, without divulging anything about the person for whom the items are intended.

If we later see that members are cross-referencing this thread with the RAOK threads, attempting to determine who has sent what to whom, then we may have to come up with a different plan. If that happens, and you have an idea on how to handle that particular problem, please send me a PM. Let's not clog up this thread with that type of discussion.

To make sure everyone posting in this thread has read this message, I've also edited JoBug's first post in the thread to include this message.

That's a really good point. what if we change the name to "Let's do something nice today" and leave the whole ROAK thing out of it.

Well, it can still be RAOK, meaning "Random Act of Kindness." We just need to make sure everyone knows that it can be any RAOK to any person anywhere, and isn't necessarily tied in to Crochetville's Wish List RAOK program.

I really don't anticipate there's going to be a whole lot of people willing to spend time searching this thread, Wish List threads, and the Wish List thank-you thread to figure out who sent what to whom. Way too much trouble and time involved for most people, I think!

I just want everyone to realize that problems could happen so we can try to have a backup plan to fall back on if necessary. I don't want anyone to be blindsided.

This is a good thing, and I'm pretty sure we can all help make sure it stays a good thing! :)

I was inspired this morning and finished an ami and a bookmark before taking dd to school! :hook I feel so accomplished. :lol

That afghan is very pretty. I think I've seen a wall-hanging of that somewhere before...:think

Archived