Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Dave is the same way. He remembers all that stuff and I can't remember much. :think Funny how he can remember so much about some things and absolutely nothing about other things if you know what I mean. Interesting how that works.:lol

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning (well, it's still morning, barely), Ladies!

:D

I get my hand fixed in the morning, bright and early! Look out for me once I get over the surgery because knitting (crochet, embroidery, etc.) — here I come!

That is good news. I will be praying for you Carla. Just remember not to overdo it until it is fully healed. You don't want to cause more damage.

I haven't really been doing much of anything. It is tooo hot here to want to touch anything and after the pup eating my stuff I haven't really recovered enough yet to have any passion yet. I had a glint of creativity yesterday but when I went to get my stuff to work on it I didn't have what I needed. Oh well.

So many people have offered t send me hooks to replace my lost ones. I really appreciate it since neither DH or I have a job yet but I don't want others spending any money they might need someday. You just never know what will happen. I did find a few extra hooks floating around here (maybe not any of the ones I would normally use or the size I might need) but I will get by for now.

I am hoping that it is just the heat that is making me feel so ho hum. That does happen t me when it is hot. I just don't feel like working on anything right now.

Thank you, Tammy. :hug

I still feel really bad about your Great Puppy Disaster. I would be devasted, too, so I can only imagine how you feel. Maybe you can gradually replace your tools. I would like to encourage you to accept gifts from your friends though. Tammy, if a lot of different people each give you some little something it's not much for any one of them but it could quickly add up for you. Plus, I am certain there are other crafters like me who end up with duplicate items they really don't need.

In the meantime, I've got bread nearly ready to bake. I hate using the oven in the summer but I've had such a longing for homemade bread that I decided I couldn't resist any longer. I've also done a bunch of laundry and decided to dry outdoors on my racks. Maybe not using the dryer will partially help make up for using the oven, ya' think? Besides, clothes smell sooooooo sweet dried outside! Only it's such a humid day here in Northeast Texas that things are drying slower than usual. My husband's jeans are still damp after several hours in the shade. I wish I had a real drying line but I suspect our homeowner's association would throw a fit about it. Sigh. Nothing like snuggling into a bed with freshly washed and line-dried sheets. Mmmmmmmm... :manyheart

Not doing to much here either.

Line dried clothes, I can just smell them now..:lol

Hope everything goes well for you HKG..

You're going to be knitting up a storm, but like Wiz says let it heal good first..

Done! It doesn't hurt — yet, LOL. (Wait until the deadening wears off.) Doc says most people are back to normal in about a month. That would be such a blessing! He also said it had grown bad enough to slightly fray the tendon and he does not recommend that people wait around with it like I did. Oh well. There will be some physical therapy, either at home or at the therapist's. Glad this part is over.

Thank each of you for your prayers and good wishes!

(So weird to type normally with my right hand but hunt and peck with my left!)

Carla I am so glad that everything went so well for you. Please give it some time to heal a bit before you do anything that could cause damage. You did not just go through all that to go back to square one so behave! (Funny I should say that when the day after I broke my hand I tried to crochet.)

My hip is doing so much better. I am still having issues with the back but the therapy is helping. I guess all the damage I did when I was younger is catching up to me now so I must learn to accept I don't have the same body I had 20 years ago. Oh well.

I did decide to let people here help build up my crochet tools again. I will be giving any duplicates to the kids I teach crochet to or paying them forward to someone else that could use them. I did tell others not to buy anything but you can't stop them if that is what they choose to do. I just don't want anyone to spend any money they may need. You just never know what will happen.

My bookmark drive is going extremely well. I now have over 300 boxed and more expected the next few days. I am so pleased with this success. The people here on the ville are so generous that just saying thank you just doen't seem enough.

I can't wait until I get a job and can afford the postage to send out more things for RAOKs and Pay it forward items. I love making things for others. That is what gives me joy.

Well off to do some laundry myself. Since I live on just over 3 acres I do have clothes lines. And since I live in AZ I tend to hang almost everything on the lines just about all year round. I agree, there is nothing like fresh clean sheets right off the line.

See ya later.

Hello, Fellow Knitters! How are you all?

Did you finish the Electric Blue Zebra socks, mamaoso? I've been so out of pocket lately that I quit checking Ravelry.

Tammy, I am so delighted you are letting people help you build up your tools again. Now what do you still need? I can take a look through my things to see if I have anything to contribute. :)

Ana, how is your Sunshine Scarf doing? And the turkeys? And the deer, squirrels, geese, or whatever else you have visiting you? :P

My hand is sore from all the bruising, I guess. I knew it would start talking to me once the deadening wore off. Really though it hasn't been too bad. The doc wants me to exercise it but the bruising kind of limits that right now. I would show you a picture but I doubt anyone really wants to see a purple and green hand. :scrachin And stitches. Nope. We'll skip it.

Hi Carla!!!

So glad to see you here. Glad to hear the hand is coming along. Don't push it. I really have no idea what I still need to complete my stuff. I have got a few PM's from wonderful people here on the ville that let me know they sent packages. Until I receive them all I really don't know what I will have or won't have.

I did want to know if anybody uses simply soft yarn. I have a bunch of skeins of the original but I dont use it much. I really want to see if anyone would want to trade for some size 3 threads or fingerling yarns. I really want to make a buch of baby dresses and doilies and stuff that uses larger size thread or fingerling yarns.

Ouch, sounds like your hand would hurt.

I have a band that I get to excercise with that broke in half Friday wile I was doing my upper body exercises. Guess I don't have to do them anymore..:lol

Second sock made it to the heel and just quit growing..:think

Mr. Monkey is getting his tail. Then just needs his ears, muzzle, scarf and hat..

Started working on Leah's Throw Needed to use some larger needles. I had the yarn and pattern just waiting to get started.. I'm using Jojoland Baritone 312 (black) and Rhythm M26. Different then the pattern picture.. I have one panel done and going to add the next one today.

Wow momaoso that Leah throw is gorgeous.

I wanted to share one of my favorite sites for special yarns.

http://www.yarntopiatreasures.com/bamboocotton.html

I don't buy special yarns often but when I do I love these and of course knitpicks. I am saving my pennies now so I can get 4 hanks of their bamboo cotton. 2 in New York and 2 in Iris I have the gems and I love it.

Thanks ladies. This is what I had done after the first day's work..

I did have one panel done a excited about adding the second panel. But when I looked at it, I seen that I can't count.. The 4th square was wrong. Sure nobody wouldn't have noticed, but I see it. So I frogged. and started again. then I frogged and started again after the 4th time I finally made it to square 5.. So I'm almost finished with one panel. :lol

If only I could count to 20...:think then back down to 1.:blush

post-1753-135897430374_thumb.jpg

If only I could count to 20...:think then back down to 1.:blush

If you ever do can you teach me? :lol I have this problem all the time.

I love the colors you are using in the ghan. I can't wait to see it when you are finished.

It is extreamely hot here lately so I haven't been doing much. Maybe I will go work a few rows on my scarf and a few on the two baby dresses I am making. It isn't as sticky today (at least not at the present moment) so I guess I will see what I can get done, :hook

Hmmmm... we must have some elves on this KAL. (I can tell Tammy is slightly excited, Kelly.)

Slightly?!?!excited...

Way to go Kelly!!!!!!:clap:clap

That was so sweet of you..

Well I have just alittle more to go on the 8th square, then I will have one panel complete.:yay

I can count.:yes

But I don't think I have enough yarn to finish it. It calls for 6 skeins of Rhythms (colored).

So since I need 6 panels I would think that I would need 1 per panel.. Well I used up one on the 8th square and started another. My gauge is off by 1/2 inch in both directions. Instead of 7X7.5 I have 6.5X7.. Pattern does say approximate the gauge. I'm using US 11 like it calls for. Oh well..

Kelly really gave you a nice selection of bookmarks. It's obvious she has been quite busy!

At the moment I am doing a little embroidery (no knitting) since many of the stitches allow my left hand to just hang onto the hoop while my right hand works. At the end of August our current preacher is moving to a different city and I've got a little going-away gift in the works for his wife. I may have to send it to her after they leave but I sure would like to get it done. I get the stitches out of my hand tomorrow, hooray!

So that updates me. No knitting but other less hand-stressful crafts going on. How about the rest of you? :D

:hi Guys !!

Well we had a little scare here at the house . We thought that my son had the swine flu :pig .We took him to the doctors and did some tests and it turned out to be just a summer cold ..We did not want to take any chances just in case it turn into the flu so we started him the the medication ..He was doing well them I got the cold :sickand back to doctors I went to check it out . So feeling better now trying to catch up to my knitting :knitThe Sunny scarf is now 48" and I still want it a bit longer ,so I have more thread to knit ...:yarn

Carla so glad that your hand operation went well :tup You be back to knitting in no time !! :yes

Mamaoso That throw is beautiful :manyheart the colors ..!

Tammy Wow ! You have lots of book markers, that was so nice of Kelly :yes

Oh and my turkeys my hubby said kept looking for me every time he went outside .. One day he open the kitchen door and they were by the back door waiting ..:tdance..He said that they would have walked in if he let them .:lol

Hi Everybody!

I have been missing everyone. I added a few more repeats to my scarf, finished my Kiss Swap cloth, and have been working on two baby dresses. I haven't done a whole lot other than bookmarks this past month. I still have a few days left but it looks like I just may hit 500 of them by the deadline. I haven't checked my mail yet today so there could be some waiting for me. It is just tooo hot to want to walk the 400ft up the drive to the mailbox. I guess that is the down side to lining on a few acres in the desert. It's 114 right now. I think I am about to melt.

Ana if the turkey walks in the house is it then ok to have it for dinner?:devil

Wow, Ana. What a crazy week you've had. Let me say here and now that it is OK to let :ttalk into your home but not :pig !!! No swine flu for any of us, I hope. (Shudder.) Most people recover nicely from it but it is still scary. I had the Hong Kong Flu in early '69 — yes, the pandemic that killed so many people worldwide. It is something I will never forget. Lord willing, this swine flu thing will dissipate without too much more problem.

Tammy, I just don't know if I could manage 114º. Here in Northeast Texas we can have 104º with high humidity. That's pretty miserable, too, but air conditioning is absolutely everywhere, including my house. People just huddle inside if they possibly can.

:hot

My embroidery is coming along nicely. I snagged a pretty floral pattern off a blog (free!) and am trying to use colors I think are in my friend's dishes. Since I can't remember, I called her daughter to find out what her mom's dishes were like but beyond yellow and a green she didn't know how to describe, I only learned that they are pastel. Ooooookaaaaay. Pastels it is! I also plan to put a couple of verses of "Blest Be The Tie" around the outer edge if I have time. Sound OK?

Just popping in with a quick hello :hi to everyone and give you a quicker update :lol

I was only to happy to help with the bookmakers, I needed fast and easy projects to do and I knew who could benefit.....:hug

I have been working on two different scarves lately and I promise to finish my lace scarf :blush. The length is currently taller than me (I am 5' 8"), I would like to have the wrap around my neck a few times so I will more than likely finish the entire skein (I think it's over 300 yds):shrug

Work has been keeping me busy along with trying to get out into the fresh air to enjoy the nice days:sun we have been having lately. With our porch being repainted (my summer knitting/crocheting spot) I am having a hard time staying indoors to knit. :goodorbad

I have so much to thank you for :flower- words of encoragement:rose as well as the newly found friendship.:ghug

Talk to you soon :rose

PS after looking back I guess it was not so quick:lol:rofl

Kelly, glad you checked in! You sound busy, girl! I know the bookmarks you send Tammy aren't individually big items but... you sent so many! And it looks like you're rockin' and rollin' on plenty of other projects, too. Wow.

I am happy to report that Dr. Allen is very pleased with my hand. He says it looks great and he showed me some physical therapy exercises to regain normal field of motion. It is still slightly swollen but he even said it's less swollen than most people's at this point. :D I can't tell you how much better it already is from before the surgery. Carla should not have been so stubborn about the surgery and should have had it long before she did, let me tell you!

Because I sort of have a deadline on my embroidery piece (the third week of August is when they move) and because I am a sloooooow worker in any medium, I'm not abandoning my friend's bread cloth in favor of knitting, crochet or any other craft. I need to get this thing done. I did finally get a look at her dishes and while my colors are not a precise, precise match, they are so close I could hardly have chosen anything better if I had seen her dishes first. :yes This is kind of a nostalgia piece, too. I ordered a huge towel (30" X 30") from American Chair Company made from traditional flour sack cloth. Remember how our grandmothers used embroidered bleached flour sacks for their kitchen towels? Sally's gift will be quite similar to those.

Archived