Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Good Monday morning, Friends!

:hug Tammy and Diane, it kills me to hear about everyone out of work. My husband and I are so blessed because he has a stable job for as long as he chooses to keep it. He is thinking about retirement, but that is not at all the same as having your job disappear like so many people have had happen. We'll have to cut back when he retires, of course, but that's still not like no income. I'm so sorry for you.

Thanks for the idea, Diane. I don't think my problem has been as much about knowing where I am in the pattern as plain inattention. I did mention earlier that it's quite simple only I just get stupid-headed sometimes. ;) Thankfully, it's going a bit better now and I have several more repeats completed.

Oh, those UFOs. Must we talk about them? :lol If you do get this afghan done by Thanksgiving, Diane, you will feel so good about it. Does your mother know you are making this for her or is it a surprise?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for caring but Dave and I are fine. Yes it is tough being out of work but we feel blessed as we still have a roof over our heads and food in or stomach. We have seen so many of our friends and family loose their jobs, and homes and had to stand by and watch as we were helpless to provide them with any help. That is what has been so hard. Granted we don't have cash to eat steak or roast beef and we don't have an extra couple bucks to go to a movie or out to eat but we are ok. We are greatful for what we have and we know that no matter how tough it seems at times, it could always be a lot worse. We both have each other and most of our health and I have a small stash of yarn and plenty of crochet thread for now so I am happy.

Hi ladies!!

I'm back.. I don't know for how long but I'm here for now.

I like the shawl HomekeepingGran. I know about the easy repeats screwing ya up. I have the same problem.

I'm working on a Blanket for Jr. and a scarf for a swap (elsewere).

Scarf is http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTargosy.htm Argosy a Knitty pattern. I put then on Harmony needles with Mini Mochi-Crystal Palace yarn But frogged it about 5 time just to make it to the first repeat. Changed it to Options needles and I'm flying though it..DUH!!

But I'm going to put in a lifeline just incase..:lol

Sending hugs:hugand prayers your way Wiz- Hope you find something soon. They cut back alot on Hubbie hours so we are kind of tight. Sure do miss those checks with all that overtime.. Now we have Jr living with us so another mouth to feed.. Hope Jr fines a job soon,too.

Hi, mamaoso! (Waving.) Glad to see you again and I hope you can pop in more often.

I tried to click on your Argosy link but got an error message. After messing with it a bit I managed to get to the correct site. See if this works for the Argosy Scarf. I like the looks of it a lot. It's pretty cool in either of the colorways the designer chose. What color are you using? You know, it could be significantly widened for a shawl or even a baby blanket.

I'm hoping by this Friday I can post a nearly finished picture of my scarf. Although... I've not touched it yet today and will go to a wedding vows ceremony tonight. (The couple is already married but now having a public ceremony a few months later.) Maybe tomorrow I can get back to it.

Welcome back Mamaoso! We missed you.

I just pulled out me scarf again and am going to try to finish it. I hae decided that I will finish at leat one "me" project this year. Carla I will cheer you on and maybe we can both finally finsh one wip. LOL

Mamaoso, great to see you here! If I got some nice self striped yarn, I might do this scarf. It will be interesting to make it into a throw.

My father's company offer me an volunteering opportunity, starting this week. I will do two afternoons per week for a while. The company will help me finding a job. I am glad for it as it will keep my job skills up to date. They do have a lot of projects that need some work. The best part is I will learn a lot of new things doing those projects.

My mom know about this afghan. She is the one who request it. The main reason I want to give it to her on Thanksgiving Day is I could have more time to work on Xmas gifts. :lol So far I am over halfway done with the afghan. My current worry is I am on last skein. I hope that I can find other two skeins somewhere in the closet.

Let me know if you need any and I will ask the women in my local crochet and knitting group. I don't have any wool in my stash as I am alergic to it but I know most of my friends love wool.

DUH!!! I just went back in the post and saw your picture. I would have know that if I had went back and looked. I love the pattern you are making.

Oh yeah, I found the skeins! It's not two skeins but THREE skeins! :whew I am so glad that I bought extra. :D I think I can make this blanket extra long as mom hoped, only 1 (or maybe two) repeat longer. :xfin

So glad you found the skeins, Diane! That calls for a celebration! :yay It will be fun to see your lovely afghan and I know your mother will cherish it. And your volunteering sounds great. People get a lot of satisfaction from volunteering.

I got practically nothing done on my scarf yesterday but maybe I can make up for it today. I've got to tink back to fix an error first, though. ;) Tinking... how much do I love thee? — Not!

Thanks everyone glad to be back.

Tahlara- Isn't it nice when you find what you are looking for.. Most of the time I don't. And I know I have it somewere!!! That's what I'm doing now- I have a bunch of partical skeins of camo yarn, but where in the (h-e- double hockey sticks )did I put them!!

Here is the yarn and the scarf that I'm working on..

:angry it's giving me an error and not letting me post a picture!

Anywho, I'm using Cystal Palace Mini Mochi - Blue purple green colorway

I got it!!! changed computers..

The first picture is how I'm working it.

Next one is how you wear it.. Needs a lot of blocking!!! Pretty skinny.

post-1753-135897472013_thumb.jpg

post-1753-135897472017_thumb.jpg

That's the beautiful blues! Now I got an itch to do the scarf too. :lol

I know about tinking so well. Mom's afghan need a lot of tinking, a lot of YOs. :rolleyes

Off to work on the afghan more, starting a new repeat. :)

Love that scarf and the colors. I know how you feel Carla. It is tempting isn't it?

I actually worked on my scarf today for a bit and I got about 2 more inches on it. I WILL FINISH THIS SCARF! It was my first attempt at lace and not my last but I will finish it now that it is a little cooler out and I am not in any more swaps. Feels good to work on it again.

Hi Ladies..

My Animal farm is still keeping me busy ..:lol but I still have been finding time to knit ..I decided to take out all my wips and boy I have a lot right now to see what I can finish quick ..:think My daughter did not like the way her black and grey shawl was coming out so I froged it ..:shrug I have to find another pattern for her .. I did start the pick pastel one with size 0 needle and size 10 crochet thread , and the scarf it is incredibly soft . I am just doing a garter stitch .Now I have to buy about 10 more balls of the thread if I can find it ..:yes

Mamaoso glad to see you ..and love the Argsoy scarf, and the color!!

Hey ladies , did you know in the Knit-Picks options needles that you can thread a thread in the little hole where you tighten the needle on to the cable to make it easy to do your lifelines when you do lace :clap When I found that out I was so happy !!!:clap and I also found out when I called knit-Picks that they are going to come out with crochet hooks with the harmony wood :hook

post-6068-135897472187_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897472192_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897472195_thumb.jpg

Hey ladies , did you know in the Knit-Picks options needles that you can thread a thread in the little hole where you tighten the needle on to the cable to make it easy to do your lifelines when you do lace :clap When I found that out I was so happy !!!:clap and I also found out when I called knit-Picks that they are going to come out with crochet hooks with the harmony wood :hook

I love doing it that way..Lifelines were never so easy..

Just when you have stitchmarkers you can't get them off unless you use the stitchmarkers that open..;)

Can't wait to see the Harmony Crochet Hooks. They have been talking about that for awhile..

Off to start knitting..

Wow, beautiful work Ana! I never know about Knit - Picks option needles. I should check it out sometimes. Thank you for sharing the tip.

My family plan to get me a gift card for Knit Picks site. So I can order accessories as a xmas gift. I have a big wish list there. :lol

Hi Ana

Wow am I impressed. You are really on a roll and I cant believe you are making so many in thread. That takes an incredible amount of time but so worth it. They are beautiful.

I started another lace scarf today with my rainbow bamboo I have. I only have about 7 rows on it and I am just starting the pattern so I will have to see how it looks and if I like it before I got to far with it. I did get 2 more repeats on my other scarf. I hope to finish that one this week but we shall see. No Physical therapy today so I get to knit. YEAH!!!!

I am looking forward to knitpick crochet hooks. If they are anything like their knitting needles they are going to make a fortune. I love knitpicks!!!!!

Well of to see what's going on and then back to my knitting. Have a great day everyone!!!!!

AURG!!!! I just broke the only size 2 needle I own. I was working on my rainbow scarf and I just broke my knitpicks harmony #2 needle. Thats what I get for knitting so tight. Well this scarf will have to go on the UFO pile until I can afford to replace it. I HATE when I do that. Oh well. At least I can finish my original scarf.

BTW Ana - What pattern are you using for the pink stole? I love it.

Oh no, Tammy! I am so sorry! I broke a DPN out of a special set I had once. It ruined the set and there was no way I was going to buy another one at that price. How frustrating for you! How far from finished are you on your scarf!

Girls, I'm afraid I have not yet gotten back to my knitting. Nothing major has happened but I've been really busy and I just can't seem to leave off other things right now. Today I don't feel well and I dunno about trying to start back when my mind is, once again, out to lunch. It's still sitting out there waiting on me. Maybe later today.

How does the Options lifeline work? I know the hole is there but haven't seen a picture of it in action.

Hi Carla - I was only about 25 rows into the rainbow scarf when I broke my needle. I am about 10 inches from a desent finished length on my original scarf. I may just keep going on it since I tend to like longer scarfs. but we will have to see. I still have 2 full skiens of the same yarn so I could make it huge if I wanted to but I think I just may stick to the one skein. I guess it will depend on my mood. Well now that I am finished with my lunch I am off to go work on it again.

BTW if anyone has an extra size 2 and 3 needles (prefer circular but will take what I can get) I have a lot of size 10 and there abouts circular suzan bates and a few straight needles I would be willing to trade. Most of what I have extras of are susan bates. I do have a few bamboo needles in various sizes too that I could part with. I would also be willing to trade for yarns. If you ar interseted in anything let me know and I can get you pictures of them along with sizes.

Actually, when I read your post I quickly took a mental inventory of what I have to see if maybe... but at the moment I'm pretty sure I have only a single size 2 circ and I'm even using it right now, I believe. I wish I could help you, Tammy.

Archived