Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

tahlara- I alway have a pair of socks on my needles. (right now 2 pair) So I have a lot of scrapes. I tried the afghan (Sweetspot) and think I'm going to like it. Nice mindless knitting.( :manyheart those kind.) But I'm not going to start it til I finish some of my Wip's.:lol

I found a top down sweater I want to do too.:eek

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked the Fall issue of Interactive Crochet magazine. I lost the link somewhere. But wow, a lot of great projects in the magazine. :devil I can see some WIMs in 2010 :lol

I am half done with second LTK square this week. I plan to bring the lacy afghan when I visit my parents this weekend.

Also, I am thinking about starting up another market bag. I have four lace market bags. One need the handles sewed to the bag. The rest are in same pattern but they will have different color combinations.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I checked in. I am almost through with my swaps then I am going back to finish my scarf and my monks tote if it kills me. I am getting burned out on all the christmas stuff and swap stuff I have been making and I cant wait to do some work on "MY" projects. It been solong since I worked on my mystery project I almost forgot it has been sitting in its basket calling for me.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am looking forward to the holidays being over and it isn't even Halloween yet. How sad is that?

If we could just skip from about Oct. 29 all the way to Jan 15 I would be perfectly happy. I am a Scrooge, dear wiz, and every year start thinking bah, humbug! This is not good for a woman with eight grandchildren.

I did, however, start back on my little scarf that I originally began for this thread. I can't remember exactly what all, besides a hugely sore hand, made me slow up on it but it has been running around in the back of my mind the whole time. I guess I thought I had gotten a little further along than I have and it was a bit of a shock yesterday to pull it out and realize that what is done is barely a respectable start! So... back to the knitting after a hiatus to embroider and crochet.

Anyone else ready to knit again? On lace, I mean. LOL.

Hi Girls , I hope everyone is well !

I have been without a computer for a while had my blackberry phone but still don't know how to put picture from phone to website ..:think Been a little busy rescuing feral cats from by back yard :cat:cat:catI still have a mama and 3 kittens and she is ready to give birth again I have no clue where they all came from :eek I got the one that has the half black and tan face in my basement ..cause my daughter's cat just does not like her ..I bring them to the Animal Rescue League no kill shelter by me .:yes I would keep them all but hubby is not cooperating :lol . I also have been knitting, I started another lace scarf a pink one and a black and grey shawl for my daughter I finished the multi color shawl for me ..and I am still knitting that sunny scarf for me :yes

post-6068-135897467735_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897467743_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897467744_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897467758_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897467762_thumb.jpg

Ana, you are a true animal lover. No wonder the turkeys like to visit you in your backyard — they know you love them! Uh, do they know it's almost Thanksgiving?

Wow, you are moving on with the knitting! What pretty stuff! I especially like the pattern on the pink. Very lacy and dainty.

Hi Ladies

Well the swap package is out the door and now its time to be a bit selfish and work on the "MINE" stuff. I got out my monks tote this morning and I am determind to get it done along with the lace scarf I started in July. I hae been knitting here and there but mostly christmas gifts or swap stuff. Only two gifts left to make then I am done. YEAH!!!!! They are small things so I still have plenty of time. Carla I am with you all the way this year. BAH HUMBUG!!!

Ana you have really been on a roll. Way to go girl! I wish I lived closer I would take one of those kitties in a flash if my dog wouldn't try to eat it. I love orange tabbies!!!

Well off to check out what is happening on the Ville then back to "my" knitting. I feel so selfish but I am really tired of working on stuff for others. Boy that sounds terrible. I really am not a selfish person but I really want to finish something for me for a change.

Hello, everybody. :)

I took few photos of my WIPs. I thought I will share two as they are lace. I am working on them this week.

1. Mom's Lacy Winter afghan from Lion Brand site with wool ease quick & thick fisherman.

2. Market Bag from Knitty site - The handles are attached but they need to be securely sewed to the bag, pesky ends need to be weaved. (The body is all lace) I use Lion Brand cotton ease (one of my favorites!) in green, blue and pink.

By end of this week, I hope to finish up the market bag for a friend. I will visit them this weekend, perfect timing!

I also want to get the afghan done near to 75% completion, it's for mom xmas gift. I have other xmas gifts to make. :lol

post-10687-135897469063_thumb.jpg

post-10687-135897469066_thumb.jpg

Boy, Tammy, you make me feel really selfish. Here you are making all sorts of goodies for people and here I sit not (making for others). Most of my knitting and crochet ends up in my hot little hands. It seems that my family either uses my stuff to death and quite honestly, often abuses it or loses it, or alternatively puts it away never to see the light of day again because it's too precious to use. I'm going to have to take applications for just the right recipient! :lol

Diane, I always love what I call fisherman white yarn in patterns. So homey and elegant at the same time. And what a cute little bag! Will you line it?

Boy, Tammy, you make me feel really selfish. Here you are making all sorts of goodies for people and here I sit not (making for others). Most of my knitting and crochet ends up in my hot little hands. It seems that my family either uses my stuff to death and quite honestly, often abuses it or loses it, or alternatively puts it away never to see the light of day again because it's too precious to use. I'm going to have to take applications for just the right recipient! :lol

Diane, I always love what I call fisherman white yarn in patterns. So homey and elegant at the same time. And what a cute little bag! Will you line it?

Well Carla if you are feeling guilty you could always send me something. :devil Just kidding. You are intitled to spoiling yourself. You have earned it.

I thought about it, lining the bag. But I decide not to do it because it's not the kind to be lined properly. It's very easily washable and it can hold the structure okay.

I decide to hold LTK project until 2010 where there are some lace patterns. I plan to make another market bag in December, if I get all xmas gifts done. I have three market bags to make (different color combos in burnt red, mustard yellow and deep ocean blue), all for ME! :devil

Those market bags look like fun, Diane. Something about mixing the colors to make them snap is appealing. The only bag I've ever knitted is much smaller than those, is a single color and is meant to hold small, soft items. Maybe socks? Undies? I dunno, something like that.

I've been trying to knit but am in one of my periodic Mistake Snits. One mistake after another. One frogging session after another. I do this with everything I craft. :( I'm so grateful for knitting lifelines!

Those market bags look like fun, Diane. Something about mixing the colors to make them snap is appealing. The only bag I've ever knitted is much smaller than those, is a single color and is meant to hold small, soft items. Maybe socks? Undies? I dunno, something like that.

I've been trying to knit but am in one of my periodic Mistake Snits. One mistake after another. One frogging session after another. I do this with everything I craft. :( I'm so grateful for knitting lifelines!

Carla I just had to laugh when I read this. That is what I have been doing all day today 5 rows knitted 3 rows frogged, 3 rows knitted 2 rows frogged. Nothing but frogging today. I wouldn't feel so bad if it was a difficult pattern but this is simple seed stitch. How embarassing. :blush

I ripped about 11 rows, knit 5 or 6 and ripped those same 5 or 6 (whatever it was). Knitted a row and realized I had not put a single, not a single, YO into that row so I tinked back and started once more. This is over the course of two or three days. I've got some kind of sinus crud my husband shared with me and I would blame it on that, except that I do this exact thing whether I have sinus crud or not! LOL.

Misery loves company. Sorry your knitting is off today, too, Tammy. Besides, seed stitch can be a booger sometimes. Something about it...

Hehe, I used to have that problem with my crafts. It only happened when I am pressured to finish things in very short time. Also it could happen in early mornings when I am not full awake.

I love doing the seed stitch. In a weird way, it relaxed me into a rather mindless state. The market bag is a good example as it is mostly seed stitch and lace.

Today, the market bag is all done, all ready for my friend. I will give it to her at the dinner party this weekend.

I plan to take a photo tomorrow when the light is good. I will try to do a lot on mom's afghan this weekend.

That's my update for now. I am also working on xmas gifts, no lace projects involved.

I'm afraid I don't have to be pressured to get into a Mistake Snit. I just go stupid for a while. (Stupider than usual, LOL?)

Got any finished pics of the bag, Diane? Hope your light is really good today because I want to see them! — Not that I would pressure you about that or anything. :D

Tammy - is it possible to finish the xmas gifts as they are small gifts ? That way you can 'relax' for few days. Sometimes, I try other craft such as a crocheted dishcloth that I want to make for no reason. A visit to a LYS or surfing the web for free patterns excite me. :devil

I went through a short period of 'burnt out on things' few weeks ago. I read a book which I didn't do for a lonnng time. After reading some chapters (for a week, no crafting), I feel refreshed enough to go back and crochet/knit. Basically, do something fun that relax or excite you.

So cool, Diane! I love the colors. Yes, they come through fine on my screen although I guess they might be a tad brighter in person. I do like this bag! Gotta love finishing those well-aged UFOs, LOL.

This is what I am working on and gnashing my teeth over. It's actually a very simple pattern but my brain seems to be out of gear right now. It's Alhambra by Anne Hanson. The color is a deep, forest green although it might look black on your screen. Currently it measures about 15-16 inches. Lots and lots of knitting to go...

post-11235-135897470654_thumb.jpg

This is what I am working on and gnashing my teeth over. It's actually a very simple pattern but my brain seems to be out of gear right now. It's Alhambra by Anne Hanson. The color is a deep, forest green although it might look black on your screen. Currently it measures about 15-16 inches. Lots and lots of knitting to go...

I LOVE her patterns. This on is on my "to do" list. Well as soon as I can afford the pattern anyway. I have a really nice lace weight grey alpacca I think I want to make it with. Most likely it will have to wait until after christmas.

I bought Coral Gables but haven't made it up yet. I am also really loving Fernfrost but honestly, I wonder if it's the delicate color that has me going or the pattern itself? Maybe both? Anne has an eye for combining yarns and motifs, doesn't she? Oh Tammy, Fernfrost would be pretty in a grey alpaca, too! :D And somehow I can see my sweet MIL in a dainty color and that pattern. She loves blue!

I did get another full repeat of Alhambra done today. I don't know how considering how scrambled my brain has been lately. I also don't understand how these people can toss out lace in practically no time, and it'll be much bigger than wimpy little Alhambra. How do they do it? :eek

I agree fern frost wuld be perfect for that yarn. I guess I will have to save my pennies and get that one. Still no jobs for me or the DH but it is looking a bit better. I sure don't think it can last forever. At least we have each other and out friends and family. Thats all that really matters.

Gran - My mind is also scrambled. :lol But I find something that make things easier with mom's afghan. I wrote down one row on a post-it note (or better an index card), then flip the notes (or cards) in order once a row is completed.

Maybe it will help you with your current project ?

I am at the halfway point on mom's afghan. I frogged it down a repeat, and redo the repeat. Unforunately, I have to get ready for the dinner party. I hope to do another repeat tonight, even if it mean four hours of knitting per repeat. :eek

I hope to take a picture of the afghan later this week. It encourage me to see the progress as this afghan is also an one-year old UFO. :rofl I hope to finish it before Thanksgiving Day.

Tammy - I am going through same thing here. I have no job for one year and I spend more time with my family, especially my parents lately. We all are okay about things. :)

Archived