Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Yes, I feel blessed to have this place where I live. It's good thing that I don't have a lot of bills to pay. However, the living expenses could be expensive in California. So I have to keep an eye on my budget as I go. Things will be better once I am able to get a job. :yes

I am glad to hear your finger is getting better. :hug See ya around. I will be back once I can do lace again. The weather is still too warm.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies

Here is the start of my monks bag. Thought I would show you the colors I chose for it. The tan in the middle is for the gusset and stap, the multi is the front and back, and the chocolate brown will be the trim color. I cant work on it for too long right now but I will get it done by christmas I hope. We shall see.

I have been working a bit on a few other things but until I get them finished and out to their new home I cant post them yet. I will give you a small hint though. They are fall colors and some mini stuff. I hope to finish them this weekend and get them mailed Monday. I will post pics once I know they have been received. It is so hard not to post them now. :devil

post-13959-135897444751_thumb.jpg

I just posted some of the thread items I made this week. I think I posted them in the "other thread items " thread. Wow that was a mouthfull. Anyway they are just a few small things I whiped up. I think the name of the thread was fun fall stuff. Now I am working on some new knit dishclothes for halloween.

I'm back!!

I have been reading some of the things I missed while I was in the hospital. I had pneumonia. Doing better now. I "see" that I wasn't the only one in the hospital..

Hope you are doing better wiz..

Be back later this week to catch up with ya'll.

Me just working on socks. Cable ones and "with a twist"[Ravelry KAL]

Welcome back Mamaoso. Glad to hear you are doing better. Pneumonia is no fun. I can't wait to see your socks. I don't know if I will ever make a pair since I get second sock syndrome. I'll be here wiating to see them and cheering you on.

The back is coming along pretty good. Yesterday was a bit rough at pysical therapy and I am pretty sore today but I am hanging in there. At least I can knit and crochet now so that makes me happy. I still cant do it for long stretches and my marathon crochet or knit-a-thons are out but at least I can do it for about an hour at a time.

Now that I have my thank you gift done I am working on some knit dishcloths for Halloween. I am also working on my monks bag here and there so at least I am making some progress.

I would love to know what everyone is working on. I will post pictures of my progress on the dishcloths and my bag on Friday.

Have a good week everyone!

I thought that Physical Therapy was suppose to make you feel better.:)

I'm doing better today I was working on my Hugs and Kisses socks the cables turned out to be X's and O's (hugs and kisses):lol Only have half of the chart done on the first repeat.

Started the "with a twist"over with some KP Gloss in Kenai. Hope to see the pattern better then with the purple color..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

I have been missing you all. I have been busy making Halloween dishcloths, Thank you gifts, wroking on my monks bag, and now the snowflake swap as well as going to terapy 3 days a week and feeling like I got beat with a baseball bat the rest of the week. I ended up spending Thursday at the hospital. I was having and am still having pains in my chest and arm but they did not find anything wrong with my heart and so far no signs of any clots but they dont know what is causing my pain. Believe me when I say I am a bit scared but I am not going to let it stop me from doing what I love.

Mamaoso - How are you feeling?

Carla - How's the hand doing?

I hope to get some pictures posted tomorrow of the dishcloths and maybe an updatd pic of my monks bag. I haven't worked on that much with the swap and PT and everything else going on but I do have some progress on it.

Hello, hello! I'm glad you started this back up, Tammy. I am so sorry to hear that you're having chest pain. I've no idea what it is but I do know you can have all sorts of things besides just trouble with your heart in the chest region. I sometimes have a super painful chest/rib inflammation called costochondritis. Man it hurts, but it has nothing to do with the heart. I hope they get you figured out and feeling better soon. :hug

My hand is much better, thank you. I've been crocheting a small doily. I'm only about three rounds from the finish but it turned out a little bit larger than gauge, so I ripped back a round to add extra chains and get it to lie flat like it's supposed to. I also have some embroidery started but it's very slow. Once I finish this doily I'm going back to my knitted scarf. I want to finish it!

Morning ladies.

I've been adding more Wip's to my collection. Not going to start anymore til I finish some.:lol

Picture 1 are my "with a Twist" socks ( I have more done at the moment)

Picture 2 are my Hugs and Kisses socks ( See I do two at a time.I would never get them done otherwise)

Picture 3 An afghan for DD. I was going to do a crochet quilt with the brown ,linen, and black, but I got 12 little tiny squares finished then thought I only have about 2 or 3 hundred left and have to sew them all together.:eek :thinkI don't think so. I'm adding another color and just doing a modular square. Then add on a border.

Picture 4 is a Seraphina Shawl that I finished:clap for MIL. She seen mine and asked for one..

Picture 5 is on going dishcloths with cotton thread size 10. 2 threads at a time. I like them better because they dry faster and the garter stitch has a little scrub power to them.

Hope everybody is feeling better.. My lungs are worse on oxygen 24/7. So I guess I'm never going to get off of it. Anyhoo I'm still kicking and knitting..

post-1753-135897454917_thumb.jpg

post-1753-135897454922_thumb.jpg

post-1753-135897454926_thumb.jpg

post-1753-135897454929_thumb.jpg

post-1753-135897454933_thumb.jpg

Wow Mamaoso you have been busy. I really have to get the camera out and get some pics of my projects. I just cant take any of my snowflakes yet as I don't want my swap partner to see them yet. The weather is almost getting cool enough to work on my scarf again. Well if you can call mid 90's cool.

I hope you start to feel better permanently, mamaoso. I've never been sick for too awfully long and I can't imagine how it would be.

And whoa, you are busy! I can't manage that many WIPs at once. It's hard to manage 2! I'm impressed. Aren't those Seraphinas fun? I really don't know how many I've made but I guess I would be game for another if somebody asked me for one. I started using baby yarn and a huge hook and loved the soft fabric it made. You make me realize I need to do some socks. There is a UFO pair languishing somewhere around here.

Tammy, I am sorry you're still in the 90s. Hot weather can really take the starch out of you, as my mother used to say.

Ok I am finally getting around to posting a few pics of my wips.

My scarf in all its glory. Its now 27" long.

5 of the 6 Halloween dishcloths I am making. (still need blocked and ends woven but there is a pumpkin, a green witch, a baby ghost, black bat (sorry you can't really see it) and a cat. I still have to make the spider to finish the set.

My monks bag making very slow progress as this is for me so it is always getting the back seat. I am using the tan for the gusset and the varigated will be the back and front of the bag.

Then we have a childs tunic - If I make a few more rounds on the bottom and add some sleeves it can become a dress but I think I like it the way it is. What do you think?

And last but not least I have a little dress I am working on. I still have to finish the skirt and figure out if I want it to have sleeves or not. I think since it is a heavier dress I will put sleeves on it for the cooler weather but I just dont know yet.

I also have 10 snowflakes and another snow related project I am working on but I can't post pictures of that since it is for my swap partner and I don't want her to see it yet.

Oh and yes I still have my sister's ghan I have to finish.

I cant wait to get all this stuff off my plate so I can work on my monks tote but with xmas around the corner I doubt I will get to work on it much.

post-13959-135897455573_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897455577_thumb.jpg

post-13959-13589745558_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897455583_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897455586_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897455589_thumb.jpg

Tammy, how do you manage so many WIPs? I would go under, definitely. I'm still loving your pretty scarf with the lace up the center. That is so classy and will look great with a jacket! And all these other cool things, too! You're busy, girl!

Oh is that ghan prety. NO TAMMY NO!!!! :2nono You have enough wips right now.

Carla I try to limit myself to no more than 5 at a time but I suffer from ADD and I get bored so I end up starting another. It takes a lot of disapline to keep them to 5 bu t sometimes I done do so well. Thats when I go on my Wip completion marathons. I only have one Halloween cloth left to make and those wil be done but I am forcing myself to finish my last swap wip first. I have about 20 rows left to knit on it.

I have decided to leave the childs top as it is. All Ihave to do to it is put the buttons on the shoulder and weave in the ends and it will be done.

the white dress is not a priority so I work on it when I am bored with everything else.

Now if I can just remember what size needle I started my scarf with I can try to finish it off. I cant believe I didn't write it down. I usually do and attach it to the project with a safety pin so I dont forget but this time I didn't do that. I cant remember if I was using a size 5 or 8. I guess I will just have to figure it out. Maybe I posted it here somewhere and will have to go back and see.

Finding time to work on everything between PT visits is fun.

Speaking of PT I better get going or I am going to be late.

I guess it's the cooler weather. But I found another afghan I want to do!!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall09/PATTsweetspot.php

Knitty Sweetspot scarf/ghan. I could use up all my sock yarn leftovers.

No,no,no I can't start another afghan. (Slap hand)

Oh, go ahead, mamaoso. What's another 1000+ yards to knit up between friends? :lol

Tammy, from bitter experience I learned to do one or both of these two things: on the pattern I write not just the hook size but the hook brand, since especially in steel hooks I've got at least three brands floating around. Then on the object itself I wrap and tape a piece of paper to the yarn or thread with the vital information: exactly which pattern I'm using and which hook or needle. Exactly. Otherwise I end up in a mess. Looks like you have a similar system but didn't follow through this time. Ouch. So sorry.

Ohh, a lot of good stuff are in the current issue of Knitty. :blush Luckily for me, I don't have a lot of sock yarn or cash for new yarns. :lol

I didn't do any lace projects. I was busy with the LTK project, two squares to do this week. I have some guests staying with me for almost a week. They will leave in two days.

Next week or so, I plan to work on a lacy afghan, probably frogged it all and start again.

It's for my mother. She want to take a look at it first. I hope to start all over again, because of an eyesore error (at least for me!) near the foundation row. It's about 75% done.

I, too, noticed the latest Knitty has some nice things this time, tahlara. What are you thinking of making from this issue? And it's too bad you are re-doing most of that afghan. Any way you can rip from the bottom and correct? I know you could with stockinette, but lace?

I have an eye on a lacy hood and hatheel socks. I decide to wait until Decemeber (my birthday) or 2010 to start a new project.

The bottom section is the moss stitch border. I can frog all the way to the moss stitch section with no problem. The error is in the first repeat after the moss stitch border. The afghan use super bulky yarn so it should be okay. :) It's just a pain when I have to think about all the frogging I have to do.

I, too, noticed the latest Knitty has some nice things this time, tahlara. What are you thinking of making from this issue? And it's too bad you are re-doing most of that afghan. Any way you can rip from the bottom and correct? I know you could with stockinette, but lace?

Archived