Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Hi, I think I have some 2s or 3s circulars. I have to check my inventory. Unforunately, I have to wait until next Monday. Currently, I am out of town for the weekend. Can you wait that long ?

I should buy more threads as I am so used to WW yarn for my projects. I also should try sock yarns. I promised myself to try some socks next year. :)

Update: I am near done with mom's afghan! I am on the last repeat, half way through it. I will try to finish it tonight and see if mom want one more repeat.

I will take some pictures this weekend but post them on my computer next Monday. Check this thread for some photos on Monday. :D

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ana - Thanks for the link to the pattern. I love it!!!

Thanks everyone for checking their needle stash.

Diane WTG on your mom's afghan and no rush on the needles. I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.

My scarf is now 5' long and I think I will go until this ball of mohair is gone. I like the way it looks but I am getting bored with the pattern now.

Update on mom's afghan: It's all done!

I finish the 8th repeat but mom ask me to do one more repeat. So I did it, then I add the border and weave the ends.

Right now it's on the living room couch with mom being giddy over it. :) Tomorrow, I will take some photos in natural light.

See you on Monday when I am able to post the photo of this FO. :)

I love it: "with mom being giddy over it." — Isn't it fun when moms go giddy over what we make them? Congratulations on an excellent finish, Diane. Can't wait to see it.

I finally got started back on my scarf this afternoon. It's just been weird around here, or maybe I've just been weird. Anyway, I'm back to it.

I didn't work on a thing today. Instead I spent the whole day at a Lace Day demonstration. I got to see some beautiful crochet, knit, tatted, needle , bobbin, netting and I forget what other types of lace. I also got to learn a bit of bobbin and needle lace making. It was a great way to spend the day. I love lace.

Oh and I won a door prize raffle for a piece of vintage crochet and needlework lace. Here is a picture of it. It needs to be reblocked but I think it is still really pretty.

post-13959-135897473731_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's pretty. :)

I do find some 2 and 3 circular needles. Although, they are 16" circular needles. Are they too short for you ?

I can get more later this week. I just need to know how long you need, and how many, etc.

Thanks Diane Let me know what you want for the needles.

Carla - The lace piece is about 5 inches wide and 16 inches long. I think I am going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my craft room but I am not sure yet.

Please PM me about it Tammy. That way, I will not forget about it.

Please let me know what sizes and how long (16", 24", 36" ?) for the circular needles. How many, etc. :)

Then I will try to send them out before Thanksgiving weekend.

Diane I sent you a pm.

I have been taking a bit of a break this week and haven't really worked on anything. Normally I would be making Christmas gifts or decorations or working on somethong but I really haven't felt like doing anything this week. No reason why just not in the mood to knit or crochet right now. I have a few books I have been wanting to read so that is pretty much what I have been doing this week. Maybe by the weekend I will find something that calls to me but until then I am enjoying my books. I guess that gift making and the two swaps just burnt me out for a bit. Seems kind of strange not to be working on something.

I got the PM. :)

I will see when I can get some needles for you. It depends on the weather this weekend. We were supposed to get some rain tomorrow. If it come to worse, I can try on Sunday or later next week.

My manical knitting time on mom's afghan burnt me out. This week, I just read a book and play online games (chatting with friends). Now I am in mood to do the woodystock cloth.

I also brought some quick scarves to knit during an all-day event on Saturday.

I picked up my crochet hook this morning and started a lace leaf scarf. So far I like it. I am still not in the mood to work on much of anything but at least its a start.

I too have been lacking in the mood for working on anything....:( I am hoping that "Santa" :sheepxmascan bring a big box :gift of creative mood for :ctree Christmas. I certainly miss the calmness it brings....;)

I did a xmas scarf yesterday. I have four more to go, then I have to make a pair of pedicure socks for mom's birthday gift (Jan 3rd).

I still need to find a good free pattern for pedicure socks, any suggestions ? It's a surprise that I can't find the actual socks anywhere in the mall, sock novelty stores or Macy's. :think

I preferred crocheted socks. The knitting pattern is fine if it's quick to make socks. I am not sure about the yarn type and yarn color.

I am knitting. My mojo is back but it's rather mellow and slow. It feels nice but I need more time to complete xmas presents. :lol

Diane - I just saw a pedicure sock pattern this morning. I will have to go check my browser history to see if I can find it again. I can't remeber if it was a knit or crochet pattern but I will let you know if I find it.

My mojo is still not there yet but at least I got something done.

I got your PM, Tammy. Thanks. :) I will let you know when they are shipped.

I am tempted to do two pairs of pedicure socks, one with sock yarn for spring/summer and another with WW yarn for fall/winter. My mother love to get her pedicure done all-year.

I found two good patterns but I am waiting on the suggestions. I plan to start the socks in December. The socks are not needed until New Year Eve or so.

Ohh, I didn't see the first one before. I would play with those patterns when I am all done with xmas gifts. Thank you for sharing!

Yeah the first one is my favorite too but since I know I will never make a pair of socks I guess I should put it on my wish list. I just have to make sure they are not wool. I am alergic to it.

Hi Girls ,

Still busy with the zoo in my back yard.. They must tell their friends that their is a crazy lady that is feeding and to stop by ..:think Everyday there are more and more animals ..:lol..I did finish the pink lace scarf . I did not make it too long this time about 60 inches .I still have to wash and block it a bit ..

Tammy I saw your vintage crochet and it is beautiful..I have a box somewhere with pieces that I started and some that my grandmother made. I was going to put in a shadow box ,but have not gotten to it yet :shrug Some have stains and I thought of dyeing them with tea or coffee to make them look a little better since I don't want to use bleach to make them white again.

post-6068-135897476582_thumb.jpg

Hi, Ladies. I just bought some pink DK yarn for my little granddaughter Esther for Christmas. The dog chewed a hole in her pink scarf and she wants another one. She's three.

Ana, your scarf turned out so pretty! At least on my monitor it is nearly a coral color. Is that anything close to the real color? My monitor is off sometimes.

I forgot that I promised to share photos of my mom's winter lace afghan.

The pattern can be found on lion brand website as a free pattern. I add one more repeat on the afghan by mom's request.

post-10687-135897477724_thumb.jpg

post-10687-135897477728_thumb.jpg

Archived